The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

People sleep on best buy's game trade in, SOOOOO much better than Gamestops. Plus if you are a gamers club unlocked member, you get 20% off all your games and an extra 10% on trade in's :smokin

It's because so many people are use to just going to Gamestop and accepting whatever they are offered for trade ins or people just don't know about other stores like Best Buy do game trade ins.

Gamestop about 3 years ago when you read all the reports in Forbes that most of their profit and revenue was made through trade ins and re selling games was basically the only store doing it and of course Gamestop is the #1 video game retail chain where you see them in every neighborhood or community.

Bottom line is competition is better for us the consumer.

Walmart is getting into the action now also.

Link:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ga...content=news_module&utm_campaign=hub_platform

Last edited:
How's ff for someone who's never touched the ff series?

X is great for that. Easy learning curve, but it can get more in-depth as you go. Easy story to follow (a little cheesey, but eh), easy to complete for an average gamer, with sidequests really adding to the difficulty, but only if you want to attempt them.

The benefit of it being out for 12 years is that any problem or issue you come up against has almost definitely been experienced and answered by someone.

As long as graphics arent a major hang-up for you (and I have seen PS3 games with worse)
10 is the most simple and linear outta all the FF games I played.

As soon as I started FF X last night, I had a huge
happy.gif
 on my face. Im only an hour in and Im already sad that it has to end eventually
frown.gif
 I really hope SE brings us FF XII HD

I read the blog in regards to the FW 1.70 and the guy who published the article was responding back to a few of the comments. Everytime someone posted about DLNA, MP3, DVD playback etc. he just said more news to come and that the FW 1.70 would be more than what was announced. Fingers crossed
nerd.gif

Also there is a possibility of folders being added to sort out demos, games, tv shows etc.

X is great for that. Easy learning curve, but it can get more in-depth as you go. Easy story to follow (a little cheesey, but eh), easy to complete for an average gamer, with sidequests really adding to the difficulty, but only if you want to attempt them.

The benefit of it being out for 12 years is that any problem or issue you come up against has almost definitely been experienced and answered by someone.

As long as graphics arent a major hang-up for you (and I have seen PS3 games with worse)

eh...

eh...

its really not though. People think just because the newer FF games dont have world maps that they are linear but i just got done playing FFIX and i felt is was as linear as the new ones or even more so. But i guess its all personal opinion.

Shoutout to @IHeartBoost  for running this thread so well.  The title always has cliffs of recent news and he's always posting new gameplay videos and what not in here. It's easily one of my favourite threads im subscribed to.

Yeah AC4 was a huge letdown for me. I didnt play AC3 (deployed) but heard more negative than positive about it. I wont give up on AC just yet but I wont purchase day 1 or for full price. I really hope they focus more on SP and less on MP
3 is imho better then 4... iuno it wasn't bad just wasn't on par as 3...

anyhow got the new ninja gaiden ......anyone had a chance to play it yet...still on this dark souls II...hate but love how if you die lose spells etc...have to start back over...its annoying but also adds to the challenge

I actually got a great trade in for KZ from gamestop... they gave me 40 and best buy offered 35 and even though its 5 bucks i had to go with gamestop... now im pretty much covered for infamous

• They gave no price, not even a ballpark for the final version.
  • They described a pretty cool scenario where you'd run a cable out of the headset's A/V box to your TV and see a single-screen version of the VR game on that screen. A second player could then grab a controller and play a game along with the VR player. As an example, Yoshida said that in The Deep, a second player can control the path of a turtle that swims around the diving cage. He said that VR offered a lot of possibilities for asynchronous gaming similar to the Wii U, with several players playing on the TV taking on the VR player. The setup will allow for four controllers, and while the headset currently counts for one of them, Marks said that they're still figuring out whether it'll always be that way.
  • They're not distributing advance or prototype headsets for PC indie developers, for now it'll be only for developers making games on PS4.
  • Yoshida confirmed that the commercial release will not happen in 2014.
  • Yoshida said that Sony is working on dedicated gaming experiences for Morpheus, indicating that Sony's approach will involve making games that are just for Morpheus and would also explore allowing there to be Morpheus-only modes for non-VR games. They specifically said they don't want to just port PS4 games to Morpheus, for example, a normal PS4 FPS that would also be playable in VR.

We'll have more on Sony's virtual reality headset soon, including more detailed thoughts on how Project Morpheus compares with the new Oculus Rift headset. The bottom line, for now: Video game VR is here and it's no joke, and what Sony's got so far seems promising.

http://kotaku.com/we-just-tried-sonys-ps4-virtual-reality-headset-we-l-1547417858

I've been reading impressions all day and thye've all been solid and it can only get better since it's not planned for release this year.

Last edited:
The VR is very intriguing and cool but to buy the headset, Move, Camera and everything it will probably cost a **** ton. Likely more than the console itself although that's just speculation.

I honestly think project Morpheus will be reasonably priced. I'd say no more than 250.

Sony has already said that they feel the VR experience should be affordable and anything much higher than that becomes too much for a peripheral IMO.

I also can't see them charging too much for it when the PS4 itself is only 400. Then there's the fact that they want to develop games specifically for it.

Nobody's going to buy a game that requires a $400 console and a $600-$1000 headset to play it

Back
Top Bottom