The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

on top of the flub, we're now going to go back and second guess whether the "white" movie was more deserving, and yall dont see a problem?

i guess yall wouldnt

and all that (imo) fake praise, base covering and hedge betting statements :smh:

its like talking out of both sides ur mouth

and its very passive aggressive to do this even if they pretend like theyre "ok" with moonlight winning
They never said La La Land was more deserving because it was "white". You're just creating accusations of them being racist out of thin air.

tbh I really don't get your outrage over an accident, especially since no one has said it was racially motivated and that in the first place, you never really cared for the movie until now. Let's revisit the Moonlight thread shall we?

ppl definitely wont pay to see this
A gay dude movie? They aint gettin nekkid or kissin right? Is it still on some skreet **** tho? If not, i aint even gona fire up the stick.
this

And now you only are outraged because you felt that the mistake that happened to the people of Moonlight was due to a conspiracy theory that white people got together to sabotage a majority black cast win :lol: Yeah, if that was the case, why were they nominated for 8 awards and won 3 of them. This is also rich since this was a movie you didn't even care to watch in the first place.

But anyway, since we are on the topic of racism in Hollywood, yes Hollywood still has plenty of racism. We see this in "white" major motion pictures where a majority of minorities are still being type casted in roles that are considered stereotypical. That's the big issue now.

i never said they said it was more deserving because it was "white"

i said they went back after moonlight is the winner to second guess if la la land should have won

the difference is you call it an 'accident' i think it was intentional, thats why im outraged and youre apathetic

and what does me saying "ppl wont watch it" or "i hope its not overly sexua"l have to do with how they were treated at the awards?

my personal feelings about homosexuality aint on trial here, just my observation of how a homosexual movie might do at the box office

im happy to admit i was wrong and the movie did well, is that what u want to hear?

you seem convinced im just talking and seem to think that having to see the movie is important but at any rate i have seen it and lala land

and i explained all the love the movie got earlier in the thread due to the increase of minority voters, so thats your 8 nominations three wins

hand2handking hand2handking You have got some nerve bruh.

For one, every blog newspaper and magazine is going to play the what if game on every existing subject from NBA champion to Oscar winner to who won the Bachellor.To say "I guess y'all wouldn't understand" to those who don't see a direct issue with the article you posted is a joke. Be better.

And two, actually never mind, I'll let you cook, I'm not hungry though.

You keep calling La La Land a "white" movie, as if it's made for and exclusively enjoyable to white people. By that vein, you're labeling Moonlight a "black" movie as if it shouldn't be accessible and enjoyable to whites or any other group. Why are you pigeonholing films by race? Are black people not supposed to enjoy La La Land because the leads are white? Are white people supposed to automatically prefer LLL to Moonlight due to the cast? Thoughts?

Last edited:

on top of the flub, we're now going to go back and second guess whether the "white" movie was more deserving, and yall dont see a problem?

i guess yall wouldnt

and all that (imo) fake praise, base covering and hedge betting statements :smh:

its like talking out of both sides ur mouth

and its very passive aggressive to do this even if they pretend like theyre "ok" with moonlight winning
Every year, ppl go back and second guess the winner for best picture. EVERY YEAR.

Aside from that ending you acting like last night wasn't a good showing of black excellence.
Should've asked Meth for the thread ban once I saw you in here back on that bull ****. You got problems.

Last edited:
You keep calling La La Land a "white" movie, as if it's made for and exclusively enjoyable to white people. By that vein, you're labeling Moonlight a "black" movie as if it shouldn't be accessible and enjoyable to whites or any other group. Why are you pigeonholing films by race? Are black people not supposed to enjoy La La Land because the leads are white? Are white people supposed to automatically prefer LLL to Moonlight due to the cast? Thoughts?
Nobody is saying that you can't enjoy movies. But Lalaland is a white movie made for white peoples. Themes, relatability etc. Nothing stopping black people from seeing it and enjoying it. But just like white audiences overall don't go to see Tyler perry movies because they aren't the core audience.

Last edited:

but will they say that the "white" movie should have won?
What are you even talking about at this point?
laugh.gif

Will there be opinion pieces offering opinion about subjective topics? Yes. Will it sometimes be about race? Yes. Is it this time? Why don't you call the author/publisher?

You keep calling La La Land a "white" movie, as if it's made for and exclusively enjoyable to white people. By that vein, you're labeling Moonlight a "black" movie as if it shouldn't be accessible and enjoyable to whites or any other group. Why are you pigeonholing films by race?
H2H ironically is probably the most prejudiced/racist poster this site has seen

[h1]La La Lame: The Infuriating Success of 2016’s Most Whitewashed Film[/h1]
http://observer.com/2017/01/la-la-land-white-washed-nostalgia/

Though we’d like to believe that in the early days of 2017, we’re all wide awoke now, the supplication at the tap-dancing feet of La La Land is just more evidence that most people would like to happily remain asleep, dreaming of better days behind us.
[h1]The Unbearable Whiteness of La La Land[/h1]
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/01/the-unbearable-whiteness-of-la-la-land.html

Many white viewers of La La Land may well consider nostalgic escapism as a horizontal unifier—something with which everyone identifies—but longing for the past is itself a political act.
[h1]La La Land Is a Propaganda Film[/h1]
http://www.laweekly.com/film/la-la-land-is-a-propaganda-film-7963834

His perspective is narrow and unsurprisingly glossy, the film a throwback to the 1950s without acknowledgment of how terrible the 1950s were for marginalized communities. Chazelle has the privilege of nostalgic time travel because as a white man it’s always a good time to be alive.
[h1]Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: How 'La La Land' Misleads on Race, Romance and Jazz[/h1]
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-la-la-land-misleads-race-romance-jazz-975786

But I'm also disturbed to see the one major black character, Keith (John Legend), portrayed as the musical sellout who, as Sebastian sees it, has corrupted jazz into a diluted pop pablum.
seems like youre doing that just by saying that 
eyes.gif

in the article i posted 2 of the three writers said it should have won

now tell me if it was the other way would they write that article?

would they say moonlight should have won?

thats what im talking about, the double standard

when whites lose, second guess, when blacks lose, its the status quo

no one wpuld been outspoken moonlight should have won if it didnt

and i maintain the only reason it did is because they have more minority voters now

i mean really, after all that #oscarssowhite, the very next year an all black cast wins?

seems like more than coincidence that right as their academy is becoming less white we have the first flub of the envelope in history

That's the main reason I hated la la land. The white man had to save jazz and the black man had to be the sellout??? Hated that ****. But h2hk is still wrong they ****** up the announcement it wasn't a conspiracy against moonlight.

dont get me wrong i dont see it simply as a slight towards moonlight only

i see it as a message sent that we dont respect black people or their accomplishments and do not like seeing them achieve our greatest awards, so we will be petty since we cant take the statue and ruin their acceptance speech as a last resort

like i said, having more minority voters is changing things

this time we took best supporting actor/actress

Last edited:

in the article i posted 2 of the three writers said it should have won

now tell me if it was the other way would they write that article?

would they say moonlight should have won?
Who knows? What's the point in speculating? Maybe they would have wrote that Moonlight should have won if the writer indeed felt it was more deserving than La La Land? Maybe they're racist and only did it because of the film crew's race? Don't you get sick of hypothesizing?

Sounds to me like the common theme is that the movie deserving of the oscar won the award. Cheers to the cast and crew for their achievement(s). Anyone else can pound sand. Why not leave it at that?

By turning it into a racial issue, you're completely trivializing the film's merit and achievements by saying it was a conspiracy.

Last edited:
i see it as a message sent that we dont respect black people or their accomplishments and do not like seeing them achieve our greatest awards, so we will be petty since we cant take the statue and ruin their acceptance speech as a last resort
I think you're doing too many mental gymnastics if you see that as what happened on Sunday, especially when there has been no proof that it was racially motivated as given by multiple accounts of people who were working on the stage that day.

Last edited:
how you gonna say leave it that when they clearly didnt "leave it at that"

but im the one posting speculation? the title of the article isnt speculation?

im only asking on nt, but they are getting paid to question the win

how you gonna say leave it that when they clearly didnt "leave it at that"

but im the one posting speculation? the title of the article isnt speculation?

im only asking on nt, but they are getting paid to question the win
Who cares what they do though?
laugh.gif

Yes you're both speculating.

Let Moonlight flourish.

see this is what you dont understand

you keep saying proof and the stage hands

the point of a conspiracy is that all those "stage hands" you find so important are either in on it or irrelevant

the proof youre looking for, the smoking gun, doesnt exist or has already been taken care of

the fact is the oscars is a big deal, the best picture an even bigger deal

you simply dont **** that up on accident

Who cares what they do though? 
i do i care

see this is the problem

cuz while we're always in a such a hurry to diminish and downplay stuff

white supremacy is taking no days off

and they will take any and every opportunity to attack

do you think those traditionally white voters who now have to make room for minority voters are happy about it?

my bad more speculation 
eyes.gif

[thread="660048"] [/thread]

see this is what you dont understand

you keep saying proof and the stage hands

the point of a conspiracy is that all those "stage hands" you find so important are either in on it or irrelevant

the proof youre looking for, the smoking gun, doesnt exist or has already been taken care of

the fact is the oscars is a big deal, the best picture an even bigger deal

you simply dont **** that up on accident
You sound paranoid bro
People make mistakes no matter how big the stage is
Steve Harvey did the same mistake at the Miss Universe pageant and it took him almost 3 minutes to correct it
Was it a conspiracy for Steve Harvey to sabotage Miss Philippine's win by announcing Miss Columbia's name accidentally? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom