The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

I'm doing my due diligence and reading a bunch of stuff on this listening to interviews from those who have information before I go off.

Some of you guys need to not bash the media just yet on the coverage because everyone is treading lightly on this topic because you don't want to report a falsehood.

That being said, the acts of Sandusky, Curley and Schultz are diplorable, inexcusable, and the way this was handled was awful. While the news of Joe Pa knowing and reporting the information to the AD may seem like it wasn't enough, it was something. But if we find out that Joe Pa knew more, and knew first he needs to be fired.

Everyone that is connected to the program, media wise is saying that Joe Pa being a GOD on campus and just within college football is going to save him in this matter, but if we find out that he covered up more than already is out there, there simply is no excuse.

Sandusky deserves the chair, plain and simple. Curley and Schultz lying to a jury, and covering for Sandusky essentially, send them to jail too.

How about the kids, lives ruined because of this man. The Attorney General of PA Linda Kelly came out and said that there were 8 cases made public of Sandusky's actions...in 2002 I believe, how many more since then because no one said anything?

This transcends sports. And the fact that it's a brand name like Penn State and Joe Pa behind it is even worse.

This is worse than the ASU Pt shaving scandal, worse than the USC money exchanging hands, worse than the stupid tattoo OSU scandal, worse than the U booster scandal...this tops them all because it bleeds outside the realm of college sports.

Heads need to roll, IDK if you fire Joe Pa right now, maybe finish off the season, but this is a black cloud that will loom over Penn State forever.

Worst story I have ever heard. I hope everyone involved burns in hell for all of eternity (Paterno included).

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

B, read what the DA had to say

I just read this off the student paper article:
And Schultz’s lawyer, Tom Farrell, of Pittsburgh, said he’s also disappointed by the charges.Farrell said both men “did what they were supposed to do

It's kind of more complicated then it sounds though. If I worked with someone who I was really close with i'd hesitate to tell the cops.

I would need to be convinced he truly molested kids. If not you are ruining his life. Even if found innocent, something like that doesn't leave you. I know a kid that was falsely accused of raping a girl and he was in jail for months and almost had to leave school. All because a girl lied

Good post grusumm18, I've been looking for that. Will read at some point this weekend and redo my stance on the issue after I've gathered all the info.

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Good post grusumm18, I've been looking for that. Will read at some point this weekend and redo my stance on the issue after I've gathered all the info.

You couldn't find that? I thought you had sources and info we couldn't dream of reading?
laugh.gif

I understand if you say that Paterno did his part. That's why nobody hears your argument because we know what your saying. Thing is that within a week he should have been asking questions. That was his assistant for over two decades and he wasn't waiting to petition to ban him if the allegations were true? Or you can't at least understand that? Years have past and we got to see how Paterno reacted.

Like catholic priests & boy scouts masters, I think there are a lot of pedophiles hiding among the ranks of coaching from pop warner-little league to college level. This may be the beginning of stories coming out. Some victims of other coaches may come forward after seeing the Penn St story...Those poor kids...

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

As of right now, Joe Paterno was told something and reported it to the proper people. How is he at fault if they did nothing with the information?

This. 
indifferent.gif

OK, let's think about this in a work setting. You are told that someone who works for you is molesting young boys in your office. You tell your boss and that's it? You continue to work with this guy even though nothing has been done?

Writer on ESPN said it best, "If Paterno knew something and did nothing, he's an accessory. If he didn't know, he should have known."

Joe Paterno wasn't working with Sandusky at the time an assistant vaguely described a situation to him.

There is a reason why you don't jump to conclusions and throw everything in the air when someone alleges something. Huge corporations, universities included, pay people a  lot of money to handle situations like this to both take care of the problem and mitigate the misinformation.

You honestly believe that all of these people deliberately covered up a man molesting children because he was a nice guy? Really? It sounds to me that Sandusky was accused of something that no one could prove at the time, and the easiest thing to do was sweep it under the rug. The people who swept it under the rug should go to jail for the rest of their lives as long as children come out and testify against the man and a court finds him guilty.

I don't believe Joe Paterno swept this under the rug. He was told a disjointed story and reported it to the people he should have. Those people should be held accountable.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Joe Paterno, Tim Curley and Gary Schultz were aware of incidents as early as 2002. Curley testified to the grand jury that he "advised Sandusky that he was prohibited from bringing youth onto the Penn State campus from that point forward." Seven years later, in the summer of 2009, Sandusky was still hosting overnight camps for children as young as 9 at other Penn State schools.

IMO.... if the sexual allegations are true, and Joe Paterno did indeed know of said allegations... combined with facts above, then it is IMPOSSIBLE to defend Paterno, in any way.

In the beginning, if he went and told his boss like he was supposed to? Fine. But if numerous YEARS went by, and Sandusky was still on campus, around children.... and Paterno ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN.... Completely indefensible.

There's just no reasoning his actions, if he allowed this man to be around children after being made aware of the allegations. None.

Joe's only crime was trusting the high ups to take care of it. yeah joe should've went to the police, looking at it now but who knows what the AD told him since he put his trust in him. like a big "misunderstanding" so Joe didn't do anything. It's not like he witness this all go down.
again I don't know how McQueary didn't go to the police in the first place. He WITNESSED it all go down. Same for the Janitor.  

If Joe knew about this and helped cover up i'm done supporting him.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

You couldn't find that? I thought you had sources and info we couldn't dream of reading?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
clown

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Joe's only crime was trusting the high ups to take care of it. yeah joe should've went to the police, looking at it now but who knows what the AD told him since he put his trust in him. like a big "misunderstanding" so Joe didn't do anything. It's not like he witness this all go down.
again I don't know how McQueary didn't go to the police in the first place. He WITNESSED it all go down. Same for the Janitor.  

If Joe knew about this and helped cover up i'm done supporting him.
This reasoning makes no sense.

Paterno did know about this. It was revealed to him nearly 10 years ago. By seeing no action being taken (due to Sandusky still be allowed on campus with children up to 2009), then YES he did help cover it up. Paterno isn't stupid. He knew there was more he could've done to address the matter after seeing his "bosses" do otherwise.

This reasoning is illogical and idiotic. He knew about the allegations and knew what could've been done to prevent Sandusky being around the program (you know, because he IS the program?).

yea because what joe paterno REALLY needed was a reenactment staged by the school's drama class, a police drawing, and a very descriptive audio telling of what happend???? get the @+@* outta here with that "oh i didnt know it was that serious" bull !%++...

we shall see once this goes to court. paterno might look like an even worse dude once he takes the witness stand

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

Originally Posted by HankMoody

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
clown
laugh.gif
I mean when you got a major exam tonight, trying to find that document was the least of my worries

Why is it Joe's responsibility to check on the people who Penn State pays to handle these types of situations? If you tell someone something and they say they handled it or that the story was based in falsehoods and couldn't be proven, what can you do?

When you're dealing with allegations of this magnitude, you don't immediately grab a bull horn and tell everyone and their brother before you find that they are grounded in truth.

I find it hysterical that the same people who complain about Joe Paterno being a shell of his former self for some time now, all of a sudden think he is all there in the head and some investigative genius. For years you have players and media saying he is a relic, and now he was supposed to circumvent the system in place with his sharpness of mind to get out in front of an investigation.

He is an old man who was lied to by people he trusted. Those people should go to jail for the rest of their lives.

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

1) Why is it Joe's responsibility to check on the people who Penn State pays to handle these types of situations? If you tell someone something and they say they handled it or that the story was based in falsehoods and couldn't be proven, 2) what can you do?

When you're dealing with allegations of this magnitude, you don't immediately grab a bull horn and tell everyone and their brother before you find that they are grounded in truth.

I find it hysterical that the same people who complain about Joe Paterno being a shell of his former self for some time now, all of a sudden think he is all there in the head and some investigative genius. For years you have players and media saying he is a relic, and now he was supposed to circumvent the system in place with his sharpness of mind to get out in front of an investigation.

He is an old man who was lied to by people he trusted. Those people should go to jail for the rest of their lives.
1.) Because he is the end-all-be-all authority figure for the program in which the events took place?
     Because he should have vested interest in preventing a man on his staff from raping young boys?
     Because after seeing Sandusky still around children, he think should think "Hmmm.... why is this still happening?"

2.) Call the police?

Jesus. This is common sense. How can people defend this man?

Awful situation. Everyone in a position of power and influence at Penn State who were privy to or should have been privy to information on this case should lose their jobs/investigated for obstruction of justice. That includes Joe Paterno. I refuse to believe he didn't think to call the cops on the guy. He was alleged to have molested a kid and he knew this. This is not an administrative issue, it's a criminal one. It doesn't add up.

I couldn't even read no more after victim 4 I really felt like killing him. Everybody need to lose they job from the #!#*#%@ top to the #!#*#%@ bottom period.

And no he shouldn't get the chair that would be to easy of a way out.

Back
Top Bottom