The Point of Buying OG Jordans

i used to be the same. after 2005 i stopped buying retros all together and only bought the main AJs, Kobes, and Lebrons.

now tho, I started buying retros again because all my old OGs & retros are worn down or sold. now i only want something i can wear without worry about if it'll fall apart even if the quality and material sucks on newer retros.

I totally feel you on that. My 99/00 metallic 5s were one of my favorites until it started to crack right by where the air bubble was. After that I bought the 2011s as a replacement (though I haven't worn them yet) , but I can already tell they are no where close to the older models in terms of comfort and quality. Hate to be that person that keeps repeating this, but I feel this is true.

There was a time when you could buy them and wear them, but now those pairs are almost all gone. Not it's just a waste of money because they'll fall apart unless they've been used quite a bit

Older retros have better quality most of the time I have 02 raptors with some buttery suede that are flawless and solid. I also have 06 metallics that make 2011s look like [emoji]128169[/emoji]

I'm all for collectors but find it ironic so many in the thread say quality, when its no longer dependent on the original creation of the shoe but how its been maintained for this deacde+.

Collecting, Sure.

Restoring to wear, Sure.

Nostalgia, Sure.

Just Wearing, Nope.

It's not stupid to wear or own them, collections are an awesome thing. But it defeats the purpose of chasing down these higher quality shoes (at a higher cost more often then not) for them to fall apart.

Older retros have better quality most of the time I have 02 raptors with some buttery suede that are flawless and solid. I also have 06 metallics that make 2011s look like [emoji]128169[/emoji]
What does this have to do with "the point of buying OG Jordans"???

for me it is about the first shoe you saw (regardless of year) like i had to have OG black/red XIs because in 8th grade i saw them and fell in love but if i were younger and saw the 01s for the first time then i would have to have those and so on and so forth, yeah quality is better but we really only love them because of when WE saw them first thats why some are pro 01s on XIs and some are OG all the way on XIs. i love all of the xis every released because the model is my fav but i dont own most of them (except for all og colorways besides lows) but they dont make me feel like they did back in the day, oh and probably also because the OGs were on MJs feet and not retros besides 1s and a few others.

I wouldn't buy an OG model today, that's just me since I don't collect and wear err thang. If I still had a pair of OGs I would restore them so I could wear them. I'm one of the few that ain't bothered by quality of newer retros. If I don't like it I send it back, simple.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom