The "Real" Marvin The Martian Releasing?

Copped my pair today. I can't believe the quality on these, I got lucky. There isn't a mark out of place. Paint is perfect, no glue at all, leather is beautiful. They run true to size, not big at all. I'm usually a 12.5 and these 13s fit perfect. If you like them, get them.

Just a quick poll. When people say "quality" do they mean attention to detail like no stains, glue marks, paint in the wrong places, loose threads or do they mean quality interns of materials used and overall build?

Just a quick poll. When people say "quality" do they mean attention to detail like no stains, glue marks, paint in the wrong places, loose threads or do they mean quality interns of materials used and overall build?

When I say quality I'm referring to the materials used; leather the various degrees of softness, suede, nubuck, dura buck , leather sock liner ... Etc
Stitching, glue marks, bad painting( sloppy peaks), mis shapen, shoes etc are all craftsmanship, good or bad...its like a pizza I guess the materials equal , the grade of ingredients used; pepperonis,the selection of cheese, and the tomato sauce.. While the craftsmanship is how well it's prepared/cooked... Cause you can have grest ingredients and the pizza can still come out nasty if the chef burns it lol [emoji]128514[/emoji]
So cooking = craftsmanship ..... Damn now I'm hungry thx bro [emoji]128513[/emoji][emoji]128540[/emoji]

Last edited:
So even tho I said I'd pass I totally caved on these [emoji]128514[/emoji]. Looks WAY better on foot tbh.

Wow the night of a release and fsr are still available online. Reselling game is taking another L on this one.

When I say quality I'm referring to the materials used; leather the various degrees of softness, suede, nubuck, dura buck , leather sock liner ... Etc
Stitching, glue marks, bad painting( sloppy peaks), mis shapen, shoes etc are all craftsmanship, good or bad...its like a pizza I guess the materials equal , the grade of ingredients used; pepperonis,the selection of cheese, and the tomato sauce.. While the craftsmanship is how well it's prepared/cooked... Cause you can have grest ingredients and the pizza can still come out nasty if the chef burns it lol [emoji]128514[/emoji]
So cooking = craftsmanship ..... Damn now I'm hungry thx bro [emoji]128513[/emoji][emoji]128540[/emoji]

See that's exactly how I feel about quality and that's not what I got from the pair I tried on. Toe box wasn't stiff but not soft by any means. The shoe looked nice in the details but imagine if these were constructed out of the the leather that was on the toe box of the 2004 black/red 13s. These felt as flimsy as the bordeauxs. Maybe I'm just expecting too much. Or my idea of quality isn't actually right lol

Even the folks who have picked up aren't selling me on claiming my raffle pair....
it's funny how when a shoe sits it doesn't motivate us to run to the store on a winning ticket, don't feel like one of the chosen ones.

See that's exactly how I feel about quality and that's not what I got from the pair I tried on. Toe box wasn't stiff but not soft by any means. The shoe looked nice in the details but imagine if these were constructed out of the the leather that was on the toe box of the 2004 black/red 13s. These felt as flimsy as the bordeauxs. Maybe I'm just expecting too much. Or my idea of quality isn't actually right lol

The quality is decent but I also expected better. It's like when I first saw the Vegas 1's, I was in awe of the leather and I could smell it. Best quality 7's I've seen this year is the Cigar's.

I feel you bro but these shoes have son unique materials that make them cool to me, now if we are just comparing leather , the Chi's and SBB have this show in terms of quality... They are definitely softer, but this shoe has some good materials too and while not the best leather , you can Jordan Brand didn't just phone in this release with the horrible leather used on the 2012 4's... If I had to place this leather I'd say better than the pro star 5, better than the French blue 7, equal to the champagne 7's, and lesser than the Chi's, and SBB's... If I had to put a number on it its be a 7/10 in leather quality... It's good, better than most, but definitely not the cremé de la cremé of leathers...

I don't know what it is!

Some Pics make these look like Fire!

but other, and Most Other Pics make these look Weak!

the Red Tongue and Red Rubber Toe, w/ the Green Pull tab in the back just stops me from buying these!

You cop three of each colorway and you are passing on these .WTF

Just swung by the mall to pick up some food and check these out.

View media item 1674234
They're definitely not a bad colorway, and if I had more cash on me right now i'd probably cop. But with the pair or Lebrons I just picked up the other day I don't, and i've been waiting for the Chromes since last year.

Most are probably saving for next weekend.

That's what i'm doing, or saving for whenever the Chromes drop.

i noticed a lot of pics are making the red look orange or washed out. in person its a really vibrant deep red. you really gotta see it in hand to get a good look.

Welp. Didn't make it by the mall to get my guaranteed pair so I still haven't seen em in person, but I am diggin em. Went ahead and ordered from Eastbay since I'm a gold member.. No tax/free shipping. I can wait a few days to save $15 in tax, prob won't be wearing em right away anyway.

it's funny how when a shoe sits it doesn't motivate us to run to the store on a winning ticket, don't feel like one of the chosen ones.

Not about being the select few....I luv my laser 1s (have 2 pairs) and they are GRs that are still available at HOH and the like. There have been some nice 7 offerings this year and I'm just not sure this one warrants the price tag. Lol

u mean the discount exclusion? if so, that would be nice. cause i still have my 25% off gold member code. i first thought i could apply it to anything since its a code one can only get one time by becomming a member, but apparently not, so its just been sitting there. would love to apply it to something i like like some jays, instead of some random stuff like socks and tees...

Mine still sitting for the same reason.. And every time I'm about to use it bc the price is right and exclusion is off they don't have my size anymore. :smh:

These deff grew on me can't wait to get mine. I've bought 5 pairs of 7s this month. Donezo with these

I got a jacked up pair.....damn I was so excited to get them I tried on the right shoe to see if it fit and bought them. Got home and the left shoe's jumpman is off centered and there is glue all over the midsole. Will post a picture when I get off work

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom