The "Real" Marvin The Martian Releasing?

Saw these at Foot Locker, definitely looks better in person than pics. In person the iridescent part of the midsole pops a lot more, which is something you can't really see in pictures. Also, I like how the leather looks in person compared to pictures, much less fake leather jacket looking.

Last edited:
Leather on these on point. I didn't cop but my brother did. They could've had Marvin printed on the paper or a card. Why use those people characters an do nothing with them. Pointless

These are sitting, I better bring mine back to the store.

Jk, these are great, though I guess I didn't HAVE to buy them today haha.

These'll be one of those releases that soar in value years after release. Watch.
Reseller alert. I been out the loop but upon reading I seen you have 18 size runs and basically clowned the shoe then caved in. It's alright I'm happy with the execution as well but your prey tactics are very weak and they release too many to profitable....please contain whatever that is....[emoji]128521[/emoji]

Reseller alert. I been out the loop but upon reading I seen you have 18 size runs and basically clowned the shoe then caved in. It's alright I'm happy with the execution as well but your prey tactics are very weak and they release too many to profitable....please contain whatever that is....[emoji]128521[/emoji]
These'll be one of those releases that soar in value years after release. Watch.

You should do your research before labeling me. 1) I'm a store manager, I can't be a reseller.
2) I'm not a reseller

3) check the Niketown restock thread to see what I did to resellers at my store.

4) there is no prey tactic.

I liked the shoe. Was 50/50 cause of the green heel tab. Tried it on come this afternoon. Actually liked it and pulled the trigger.

Also I was basing my claim that these will be worth something down the line because several air Jordan's on my list that once sat and even hit clearance racks, are now worth a pretty penny. Especially in dead stock condition.

Namely the 03' Jordan 1 retro Chicago patent leather. Which is one of my personal grails.

Nice try but, next time think before you go off on a tirade.

Him mad......Him lost

You should do your research before labeling me. 1) I'm a store manager, I can't be a reseller.
2) I'm not a reseller

3) check the Niketown restock thread to see what I did to resellers at my store.

4) there is no prey tactic.

I liked the shoe. Was 50/50 cause of the green heel tab. Tried it on come this afternoon. Actually liked it and pulled the trigger.

Also I was basing my claim that these will be worth something down the line because several air Jordan's on my list that once sat and even hit clearance racks, are now worth a pretty penny. Especially in dead stock condition.

Namely the 03' Jordan 1 retro Chicago patent leather. Which is one of my personal grails.

Nice try but, next time think before you go off on a tirade.
Store manager whom see all and knows all. Handles raffles and my facts were....? I'm not mad. You just look sus. I'm sorry if I was wrong but eh...

Not really interested in these, but checked them out at my local spot today and man, that Leather is Lovely.
:nerd:

@FNLInsider how did sales go today . The places in So Cal were slow on these and the FNL as of 8:30 had 60 % or more of the stock still left .

@FNLInsider how did sales go today . The places in So Cal were slow on these and the FNL as of 8:30 had 60 % or more of the stock still left .
I can tell you that it was slow in San Diego. I have a friend that works at a shiekh and fnl and both still have almost all sizes availablr. I got a pair though and they are worth it to me, other than 1 of the shoes has glue all over it lol. I can fix that though.

I can tell you that it was slow in San Diego. I have a friend that works at a shiekh and fnl and both still have almost all sizes availablr. I got a pair though and they are worth it to me, other than 1 of the shoes has glue all over it lol. I can fix that though.
Well I doubled up on these. I used a VIP $20 at FTL and gift card and picked up a second at FNL with a Winner Circle reward. Really like the colors and the leather. 7's are so comfortable and want to be able to wear these couple pairs over the next few years. I also have in mind to beat up one and then use it to go to the Gym with. Congrats to everyone today and went for it and got a pair.

Last edited:
Exactly 50% of these were gone by 9 pm. Which leaves the other 50% to fly probably when back to school starts for us this weekend.

I would say the French blues have better leather than these. Well I'm not really a leather expert, but the leather on the French blues seems to be heavier and thicker than the leather used on these. Like yesterday when I was at my store, I thought we had a size 12 on display because the box was so light, opened that *** up and both shoes were there. These and the Bordeauxs were constructed similarly and some have that toe box bump. Wondering if changes in production process have made 7s lighter. Maybe they eliminated materials.

I feel like these and the Pro Star 5s will eventually soar in value. Both of them are nice CWS with cool back stories to them.

Soar in value? Definitely not. Every shoe that eventually sells out gets a little bit more expensive but anyone who wanted these or the 5s got them for retail or less. Some models don't do well now a days when it comes to retro+ color ways outside of a colab. Recently the 5s and the 7s happen to be of those models.

this shoe is pretty much all my fav colors..scored yesterday @ hibbets. had no idea about those peaks till i saw em in person...whew...straight fire! that pearl really comes through in the sun. i suggest if you're half way on getting em just go for it they look way better in person.

I feel like these and the Pro Star 5s will eventually soar in value. Both of them are nice CWS with cool back stories to them.

Soar in value?

It's a different climate today. People are looking at today like back in the early 2000's when Jordan's sat. So Jordan's that sat then, are desirable now. They cranked out a lot less Jordan's. People who missed out or had Oreo's want them now. Now you are getting a release every other weekend at least. GR's aren't missed out on if you really want them. Kids flip their kicks to have the latest release they want. They'll go up in value naturally, but they'll also have a lot out there, because people don't wear or barely wear their sneakers now. Everyone thinks they'll make some money. People will also have more to choose from in addition to what retros and retro +'s they'll be cranking out.

And who knows by then Jordan's might not be as desirable or they'll be cranking them out again in seven years.

Last edited:
Saw these at various stores today and must say they are NICE!
I didn't buy since I'm on a no $200 shoe mandate for a bit but anyone that is borderline on them should really check them out in person.

Back
Top Bottom