The RETRO Gaming Thread!

This Raspberry Pi/RetroPie is awesome. Played a ton of NES/SNES over the past few days with a little bit of GB/GBC and Sega Genesis mixed in. Struggling a little to get my controller working for N64 but that's just because I'm tight and don't wanna buy one that's proven to work out of the box :lol:.

ps2_470.jpg

Super Mario Land!

Don't even know how many times I beat that as a kid. One of my top 3 Game Boy games. (Other 2 are Tetris and Pokemon Red/Blue.)
Our nickname for that game is "Lead Mario" due to the jumping physics being a bit different than most Mario games lol. But yeah, beat that game many times as a kid. Still fun to play when I remember to dust it off.

And yeah, Tetris and Pokemon are also classics.

Last edited:
Sega just added ROMs and mod support onto the Steam version of Sega Genesis & Mega Genesis. Someone added the Tim Allen sound from Home Improvement when someone dies in Streets of Rage 2. 
laugh.gif

Been replaying so many old games the past few weeks...

Just finished Earthbound and Super Metroid again. I just loaded up my Resident Evil Dead Silence (DS) cart and my save file from 2006. Can you believe it's been 10 years since that came out!? I saw something NEW in Chris' special key closet outfits... The Ninja one is so sick! I never saw it before. I guess I should have replayed it after I beat it ten years ago. LOL.

This isn't technically retro since it's a bootleg from Ali express, but plays/feels exactly like a game boy colour and its backlit :smokin. 34 bux if you want to replay your game boy collection without the need for a well lit area.

Been playing one of my fav games from childhood

View media item 2033324

markman23 markman23 I need to hop back on to Earthbound. I never really got started but I will have time this summer to play. I got it for the WiiU virtual console a while back. Time to see what the hype is about

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom