The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I wish I still have my Genesis and MK 1.

2017 I definitely got to buy a retron 5..

Then start slowly buying all of the old consoles I used to have/ owned..

Nintendo
Sega Genesis
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
Dreamcast
X-Box
Playstation 1
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
X-Box 360

Last edited:
I remember in elementary school I thought I hit the jackpot when my library had a magazine with every NBA Jam TE code :lol:

Went in to the office and got a copy of every page :lol:

I remember this dude would hustle codes from Gamefaqs and this site called Game Revolution

For $5 he would print you all the codes to any game

This was before everyone had access to the internet and printers

i made a killing off printing all the moves/fatalities/etc. for mortal kombat II ... i have no idea how i compiled it b/c this was like '94 and the web wasn't super poppin yet and i didn't even have a computer at the crib ... i do remember printing like 400-500 pages at the public library and the librarian grillin' me tho :rofl:

i made a killing off printing all the moves/fatalities/etc. for mortal kombat II ... i have no idea how i compiled it b/c this was like '94 and the web wasn't super poppin yet and i didn't even have a computer at the crib ... i do remember printing like 400-500 pages at the public library and the librarian grillin' me tho :rofl:

Your the reason the charge at the libary now :smh: :lol:

I prefered the SNES version of Mario Kart over the 64 version.

Anyone else feel this way?

I also felt that Diddy Kong racing was a great/fun game

F-Zero > Mario Kart

But I feel you. I preferred it as well

Last edited:
The art direction of SNES Mario Kart fit the vibe of Nintendo perfectly, but 64 was legendary.

I've played adventure DKR here and there recently but I still give the edge to Mario Kart 64. To be fair I hadn't played it in forever and I'm not that deep into adventure. I remember the battles in DKR being better and more intense though. But I haven't touched that mode in forever.

Been loving F Zero GX lately tho.

Last edited:
people sleep on excitebike 64

best racing game on 64 actual racing wise

mario kart 64 had the best multiplayer tho with the battle mode

for those with handhelds or emulators mario kart advance has their own maps and it also has the entire snes version on it

The first time I played Metal Gear Solid, this reveal had me like...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Luved this part

All the boss battles were dope my personal fav was fighting liquid on top of metal gear hand to hand.... Vulcan raven was a pain the *** if i remember right

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom