THE REVISED KOBE VI THREAD: (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/ST) COLORWAYS ON SALE,NDC AND EASTBAY ****

Grinches are getting absurd. Where were all these guys when the grinch released and it was a in and out of store purchase?

bruh, point me in the right direction then

cause i see concord gradients goin for 150 and that aint the playas price at all

i need multiple pairs for no better than 60 a wop
You're not looking at the right place or at the right sellers. People ask for whatever they want but nobody buys. Shoot offers, someone with a brain will take it. Others that are selling with hopes of paying for college with the profits just get laughed at

Sold my pair for the reason. Tards want to pay 500........ I'll help them out :smile:

Lol I can't blame you there. All jokes aside the Grinch is the best x-mas "themed" kick ever but sadly it's not the best x-mas Kobe IMO. It's weird almost.
What makes it really bad is when people who aren't familiar with the Kobe line and newbies to the Kobe line start beasting for it. The grinch lose their luster at that point to me.

Lol I can't blame you there. All jokes aside the Grinch is the best x-mas "themed" kick ever but sadly it's not the best x-mas Kobe IMO. It's weird almost.
What makes it really bad is when people who aren't familiar with the Kobe line and newbies to the Kobe line start beasting for it. The grinch lose their luster at that point to me.
Wouldn't say the "best" but they're nice. They're just the first Xmas shoe that was hard to get

Wouldn't say the "best" but they're nice. They're just the first Xmas shoe that was hard to get

So you don't think the Grinch is the best Xmas THEME on a kick? Only other theme I think that is comparable is the "Nightmare" theme from Adidas. I'm definitely not saying its the best Xmas sneaker but the concept was nice.

Last edited:
Sold my pair for the reason. Tards want to pay 500........ I'll help them out
smile.gif
i think its the best because it executes the theme the best and it ties into Christmas

all other Christmas cws are not Christmas themed at all

i think its the best because it executes the theme the best and it ties into Christmas

The IV was somewhat themed. Laces were symbolic of a red bow on a gift but that's it lol.
The 8s are themed too.

I actually think I read somewhere that the Grinch wasn't originally modeled after "the grinch" it was modeled after a snake of sorts but then sneakerheads dubbed it the grinch. I'll see if I can find it.

Last edited:

The IV was somewhat themed. Laces were symbolic of a red bow on a gift but that's it lol.
The 8s are themed too.

I actually think I read somewhere that the Grinch wasn't originally modeled after "the grinch" it was modeled after a snake of sorts but then snakeheads dubbed it the grinch. I'll see if I can find it.
the red bow was horrible, i didnt even realize that it was symbolic

the 8s had no theme, "Christmas Lights" yet they looked like stained glass. . . . 

you may be right about the Grinches, but im betting they were supposed to be Grinches because he wore them on Christmas and i believe Nike's ad used that nickname, didnt he play lebron that game and lebron had on the all red joints on some St Nick stylo?

the 8s had no theme, "Christmas Lights" yet they looked like stained glass. . . . 

you may be right about the Grinches, but im betting they were supposed to be Grinches because he wore them on Christmas and i believe Nike's ad used that nickname, didnt he play lebron that game and lebron had on the all red joints on some St Nick stylo?

Pretty sure Nikes ad dubbed the 3 sigs as the stoplight pack.

Pretty sure Nikes ad dubbed the 3 sigs as the stoplight pack.
that actually makes a lot of sense, and you're probably right

i just remember yahoo news having an article about Kobe's shoes and it calling them the Grinch that stole Christmas cw and the theme was Nike certified

The Grinch nickname is just something that caught on with sneakerheads that spread and more or less became the official nickname. The actual shoe is based off of a Green Mamba and like it's been said was part of the Stoplight Pack.

The Grinch nickname is just something that caught on with sneakerheads that spread and more or less became the official nickname. The actual shoe is based off of a Green Mamba and like it's been said was part of the Stoplight Pack.

That's what I thought. Just needed confirmation. Appreciate it bro.

i thought it went without saying they shoe was based off of the Green Mamba, we all knew that

im just saying i thought they were called the Grinches because of the timing and they played Kobe as the Grinch that was about to steal Lebron's Christmas game

either way it goes, inadvertently, the Grinches are still the best Christmas themed kobe, even if it was by accident

Nah...it was never anything official from Nike. Like I said, just something that caught on with sneakerheads that stuck. From what I remember, at least here on NT, pics were leaked about a few weeks to a month before release, and a couple people commenting just mentioned/guessed that they seemed like a Grinch colorway. After that it just sorta caught on with other people weeks leading up to release and obviously since then it's stuck as the "official" nickname. I know what Yahoo article you're referring to, but people were already calling them the Grinches before that. Nickname was never really Nike certified or whatever, at least in the initial marketing/design of the shoe, maybe just after the fact. If you look up past interviews, some of the designers themselves have even said the Grinch theme was not an association they had originally thought of.

It was just one of those few instances where the unofficial nickname ended up trumping the official nickname/marketing they had. Same sort of thing happened with the Lebron 8 Low Miami Nights. They're officially supposed to be the Flamingos, but Miami Nights was the nickname that stuck cuz people kept calling them that.

Flightclub has a pair of Grinch 6s for only $450 size 13. That site usually rapes the prices but I guess ebay has took over in that department lol. Every now and then you can always find Grinch 6s on the lower end either in DS or VNDS condition. I guess this shoe is more so grail status in forums but not necessarily in the outside world. I know plenty of ppl who hate this shoe and wouldn't pay remotely close to $450 for them or others who own the shoe but ball in them and treat em like trash

http://www.flightclubla.com/p.php?fc=la&c=bb&sc=kobe&i=041405

Was offered $800 for my vnds sz 13 pair...won't sell them though. Love this shoe! I still remember calling Eastbay and being on hold for an hour+ on xmas day to get my pair :pimp:

Good old days...no bots, or tweets :pimp:

Was offered $800 for my vnds sz 13 pair...won't sell them though. Love this shoe! I still remember calling Eastbay and being on hold for an hour+ on xmas day to get my pair :pimp:

Good old days...no bots, or tweets :pimp:

Shoot send them my way, I will gladly sell my pair for that!!!!!

Flightclub has a pair of Grinch 6s for only $450 size 13. That site usually rapes the prices but I guess ebay has took over in that department lol. Every now and then you can always find Grinch 6s on the lower end either in DS or VNDS condition. I guess this shoe is more so grail status in forums but not necessarily in the outside world. I know plenty of ppl who hate this shoe and wouldn't pay remotely close to $450 for them or others who own the shoe but ball in them and treat em like trash

http://www.flightclubla.com/p.php?fc=la&c=bb&sc=kobe&i=041405
My size, but Yea, to be honest, if I had a pair I would hoop in them

I have all the cws I really want to rock (LM, Italian camo & blue camo) if I could double up on those three I would

My size, but Yea, to be honest, if I had a pair I would hoop in them

I have all the cws I really want to rock (LM, Italian camo & blue camo) if I could double up on those three I would

Yea I slept super hard on the avatars. SMH. Ace pretty much looks good on every sig. It never disappoints.

Back
Top Bottom