The Satanic Panic is Back?

Does "satanic" imagery in media concern you?

• Total voters

“Pizzagate and QAnon are both outcomes from the same thing driving all of this — what QAnon and Pizzagate did was take advantage of beliefs that were already widely held and package them in a way that made sense to people following it,” he explains. “A lot of the people who have bought into QAnon and who think there are Satanic sacrifices happening in pizza shops, they probably thought things similar to that prior.”

The data backs up Dr. Uscinski’s assertion — in his polling conducted for the London School of Economics’ USAPP, Uscinski found that 25% of Americans polled thought that Satanic ritual abuse was widespread across America; 33% said that members of Satanic cults were regularly abusing thousands of children every year; 28% said that there was a “secret gay agenda” to convert children to gay or trans lifestyles.

“There does seem to be this correlation in people’s minds between using music as a gateway to Satanism and a gateway to ‘alternative’ sexuality,” Corupe says, exasperated. “I’ve seen the videos, and the performance at the Grammys, and it’s just theatrical expression of rebellion. It’s been in pop music for 100 years — if you want to talk about songs about the devil, go back to the blues in the ’30s. To think that this is something different or insidious is just wrong.”

“The artists in the ’80s emerged from this basically unscathed. The people who really got affected by this were the kids who were forced to get up on the witness stand and say ‘Iron Maiden made me do it,’ or kids who were wearing heavy metal jackets got targeted by bullies, or daycare workers who were falsely accused of abusing kids,” he says. “It isn’t the celebrities who are going to end up hurt here, it’s the regular people.”

Those poll numbers are insane

What do y'all think? Is The Devil making a comeback?

Gotta Leave To Make A Comeback.
Right.

Living in the south, that **** aint went nowhere. I saw a video last night where the guy from RDCworld said people are saying he sold his soul to the devil because he wen to the Roc Nation Brunch. Im like, people still on this?!? Its wild the people really think success is so impossible that literal magic has to be involved.

Right.

Living in the south, that **** aint went nowhere. I saw a video last night where the guy from RDCworld said people are saying he sold his soul to the devil because he wen to the Roc Nation Brunch. Im like, people still on this?!? Its wild the people really think success is so impossible that literal magic has to be involved.

But do you think it's gaining "mainstream" traction again like it did in the 80's?

Every time an artist has a performance with some tongue in cheek devil visuals, I see more and more people going down that road...even people who are mostly secular otherwise

And then there's the social media aspect that allows people to find others outside of their sphere who agree with them which only serves to galvanize those beliefs

Overall i don't see a widespread panic in America, if anything i think it's more normalized than ever. The only time i really see people who aren't extremely religious, complaining about satanic imagery is when celebrities are doing it in a CLEAR attempt to be "edgy" or "controversial"

Like Sam Smith at the Grammy's, i saw some backlash behind it, but the majority of it was based on how forced it was.

Sam Smith up until recently seemed like a regular British singer doing a pop version of R&B, was extremely successful & the talk around him from the outside looking in always seemed to be how the music sounded.

Fast forward to today they got him twerking in a devil suit & going on Red carpets in inflatable garments :lol: , Music industry really a circus nowadays.

Overall i don't see a widespread panic in America, if anything i think it's more normalized than ever. The only time i really see people who aren't extremely religious, complaining about satanic imagery is when celebrities are doing it in a CLEAR attempt to be "edgy" or "controversial"

Like Sam Smith at the Grammy's, i saw some backlash behind it, but the majority of it was based on how forced it was.

Sam Smith up until recently seemed like a regular British singer doing a pop version of R&B, was extremely successful & the talk around him from the outside looking in always seemed to be how the music sounded.

Fast forward to today they got him twerking in a devil suit & going on Red carpets in inflatable garments :lol: , Music industry really a circus nowadays.
When I saw him I was like wait whut?!

When I saw him I was like wait whut?!

It seemed so forced, again i'm not all the way tapped in with dude but it seemed like he was hella successful w/o any of the gimmicks & he was still an outwardly gay man, but that was secondary to his talent.

It's like they threw that all out the window to try to appeal to a different demo & it looked crazy

If you think about it, people have made “Illuminati” and “they worship Satan” claims about rappers forever, so in essence, “satanic panic” never went away.

But really in this example, it’s a way to take away from the rappers accomplishments and say that they couldn’t be successful without supernatural forces…. Smh

But do you think it's gaining "mainstream" traction again like it did in the 80's?

Every time an artist has a performance with some tongue in cheek devil visuals, I see more and more people going down that road...even people who are mostly secular otherwise

And then there's the social media aspect that allows people to find others outside of their sphere who agree with them which only serves to galvanize those beliefs

I do think there are artists that purposely play on this to bring more attention/controversy.

the thing that is funny about all these signs & logos people fear is that they usually are stolen from other cultures & repurposed.

1677096535572.jpeg

Being a perfect example, I've been told this is an occult sign, A white supremacy sign, A blood sign & lighting ya'll up from three sign all at once :lol: . So much of the things they have demonized & made "evil" didn't originate like that

If you think about it, people have made “Illuminati” and “they worship Satan” claims about rappers forever, so in essence, “satanic panic” never went away.

But really in this example, it’s a way to take away from the rappers accomplishments and say that they couldn’t be successful without supernatural forces…. Smh

Same thing that annoys me about "ancient aliens" stuff

cragmatic cragmatic Rappers aren't the only ones that get that heat though. Far from the only ones.

Maybe I’m blind to it because country music ain’t my thing, but do country music stars get the same accusations?

I know Sam Smith has been recently, and artists like Katy Perry, but you never see people saying Justin Timberlake or John Mayer did deals with the devil (trying to think of examples of white artists in other genres)

Maybe I’m blind to it because country music ain’t my thing, but do country music stars get the same accusations?

I know Sam Smith has been recently, and artists like Katy Perry, but you never see people saying Justin Timberlake or John Mayer did deals with the devil (trying to think of examples of white artists in other genres)

Yea, that isn't true at all man. EVERYONE gets it. EVERYONE.

It's just we are black and we only pay attention to what is being said about Black artists sacrificing folks and selling their souls.

wavycrocket wavycrocket 's favorite site always "covers" this topic. Site owner is a Christian .

Back
Top Bottom