~The supporting cast. Is it enough?~

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by goukiteg

If this team can win a championship, what makes you think the Heat can't?

Scott Brooks
Matt Bullard
Sam Cassell
Earl Cureton
Mario Elie
Carl Herrera
Robert Horry
Chris Jent
Vernon Maxwell
Hakeem Olajuwon
Richard Petruska
Eric Riley
Larry Robinson
Kenny Smith
Otis Thorpe
Different time period. Teams weren't so stacked in the '90s.
Outside of the Lakers and Boston, how many other teams are exactly stacked? And the '90s had great teams. Sonics, Jazz, Bulls, Magic etc.

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Even coaches get caught up in hype. They aren't immune to favoritism, quite honestly Kobe has a few 1st team Defensive selections he doesn't deserve, but because of his reputation, he has them.
Which is why Gerald Wallace and Thabo made the 1st and 2nd All-Defensive team? You really think NBA coaches are effected that much? Then you aren't giving them enough credit...
Yes I do think they can get effected. They are human and are prone to error just like everyone else. Gerald Wallace is JUST getting noticed for his defensive abilities, as 09-10 was his first selection to a defensive team period, even though this man has been putting up 2 steal/1 block averages for the past few seasons. LeBron has improved on the defensive end, but I wouldn't consider him or Wade lockdown defenders. Solid sure, but lockdown? Nah...
So are you saying Wallace is a lock down defender because he's putting up 2 steals and 1 block averages for the past few seasons?

You do realize Wade AND Lebron have career averages of 2 steals and 1 block per game right...

Even coaches get caught up in hype. They aren't immune to favoritism, quite honestly Kobe has a few 1st team Defensive selections he doesn't deserve, but because of his reputation, he has them.
Which is why Gerald Wallace and Thabo made the 1st and 2nd All-Defensive team? You really think NBA coaches are effected that much? Then you aren't giving them enough credit...
Yes I do think they can get effected. They are human and are prone to error just like everyone else. Gerald Wallace is JUST getting noticed for his defensive abilities, as 09-10 was his first selection to a defensive team period, even though this man has been putting up 2 steal/1 block averages for the past few seasons. LeBron has improved on the defensive end, but I wouldn't consider him or Wade lockdown defenders. Solid sure, but lockdown? Nah...
So are you saying Wallace is a lock down defender because he's putting up 2 steals and 1 block averages for the past few seasons?

You do realize Wade AND Lebron have career averages of 2 steals and 1 block per game right...

Yes it is enough, those of you who say it isn't are in denial and speaking through hateful emotion. Look at that supporting cast through objective eyes and there's no argument against the fact that Miami can beat anyone.

Yes it is enough, those of you who say it isn't are in denial and speaking through hateful emotion. Look at that supporting cast through objective eyes and there's no argument against the fact that Miami can beat anyone.

All 4 Miami Heat fans on ignore
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

I did forget Bron and Wade average 2 stls/1 blk also, I'll take the L on that.

I do consider Wallace a better man-to-man defender than them though, and when you combine that with his help defense/ability to get into the passing lanes, I think that makes him a lockdown defender. LeBron still struggles in man-to-man situations, and D-Wade can hold his own man-to-man, but they both are better as weakside/help defenders.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

I did forget Bron and Wade average 2 stls/1 blk also, I'll take the L on that.

I do consider Wallace a better man-to-man defender than them though, and when you combine that with his help defense/ability to get into the passing lanes, I think that makes him a lockdown defender. LeBron still struggles in man-to-man situations, and D-Wade can hold his own man-to-man, but they both are better as weakside/help defenders.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Is it just me or is most of the SALTY post coming from LA fans?
nerd.gif

I guess its all good getting PAUL, but three all stars players decide to join forces and they can't win a chip because of their bench?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The way I see it its LA-MIA----Everyone else right now on PAPER.
Its going to be a great season.
pimp.gif

It's always just YOU. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You always have to stir up something against Laker fans, you are always in Laker threads going at it with CP and others. 

The majority of Laker fans in here don't sound salty to me?   In fact, the majority of the Laker fan regulars are giving them the benefit of the doubt, and saying they are gonna be a problem.

So of course it's just you. 

This is all you had to type man.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Is it just me or is most of the SALTY post coming from LA fans?
nerd.gif

I guess its all good getting PAUL, but three all stars players decide to join forces and they can't win a chip because of their bench?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The way I see it its LA-MIA----Everyone else right now on PAPER.
Its going to be a great season.
pimp.gif

It's always just YOU. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You always have to stir up something against Laker fans, you are always in Laker threads going at it with CP and others. 

The majority of Laker fans in here don't sound salty to me?   In fact, the majority of the Laker fan regulars are giving them the benefit of the doubt, and saying they are gonna be a problem.

So of course it's just you. 

This is all you had to type man.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Scott Brooks
Matt Bullard
Sam Cassell
Earl Cureton
Mario Elie
Carl Herrera
Robert Horry
Chris Jent
Vernon Maxwell
Hakeem Olajuwon
Richard Petruska
Eric Riley
Larry Robinson
Kenny Smith
Otis Thorpe
Outside of the Lakers and Boston, how many other teams are exactly stacked? And the '90s had great teams. Sonics, Jazz, Bulls, Magic etc.
Orlando, Dallas, and San Antonio all have players with more talent than any team from the '90s (I'm talking about depth, not individual talent). The talent was more widespread in that decade, not just on a few teams. I don't think any championship team from the '90s could beat Boston's team or the Lakers team from last season based solely on the fact that there's more talent from 1-12.

The '90s did have great teams, but they weren't as deep with talent.

Scott Brooks
Matt Bullard
Sam Cassell
Earl Cureton
Mario Elie
Carl Herrera
Robert Horry
Chris Jent
Vernon Maxwell
Hakeem Olajuwon
Richard Petruska
Eric Riley
Larry Robinson
Kenny Smith
Otis Thorpe
Orlando, Dallas, and San Antonio all have players with more talent than any team from the '90s (I'm talking about depth, not individual talent). The talent was more widespread in that decade, not just on a few teams. I don't think any championship team from the '90s could beat Boston's team or the Lakers team from last season based solely on the fact that there's more talent from 1-12.

The '90s did have great teams, but they weren't as deep with talent.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by ledafuture36

outside the big 3 and maybe miller none of those guys would even sniff playing time on the current Lakers roster..
half the Lakers dont even get playing time though
laugh.gif

yeah they got some weak pieces but come on.. I mean if you take out Bosh and Wade, that team is probably better than the one Bron took to the finals...

Add Bosh and Wade and its good night
smokin.gif

Nahhhhhhhh chill....

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by ledafuture36

outside the big 3 and maybe miller none of those guys would even sniff playing time on the current Lakers roster..
half the Lakers dont even get playing time though
laugh.gif

yeah they got some weak pieces but come on.. I mean if you take out Bosh and Wade, that team is probably better than the one Bron took to the finals...

Add Bosh and Wade and its good night
smokin.gif

Nahhhhhhhh chill....

Back
Top Bottom