~The supporting cast. Is it enough?~

If this team can win a championship, what makes you think the Heat can't?

Scott Brooks
Matt Bullard
Sam Cassell
Earl Cureton
Mario Elie
Carl Herrera
Robert Horry
Chris Jent
Vernon Maxwell
Hakeem Olajuwon
Richard Petruska
Eric Riley
Larry Robinson
Kenny Smith
Otis Thorpe

Scott Brooks
Matt Bullard
Sam Cassell
Earl Cureton
Mario Elie
Carl Herrera
Robert Horry
Chris Jent
Vernon Maxwell
Hakeem Olajuwon
Richard Petruska
Eric Riley
Larry Robinson
Kenny Smith
Otis Thorpe

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by ledafuture36

outside the big 3 and maybe miller none of those guys would even sniff playing time on the current Lakers roster..
I guarantee you Chalmers and Haslem would get good clock for the Lakers.

laugh.gif
 Chalmers wouldn't play over Fisher or Blake and Haslem might get garbage time.. he's behind Gasol, Odom and Bynum.. he'd
be fighting for minutes against Ratliff.. I stand behind my statement but it's not like those big 3 and Miller are not good enough to win

it.. but lets not get carried away and pretend these scrubs they signed are starting on any other championship contending team.. 

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

outside the big 3 and maybe miller none of those guys would even sniff playing time on the current Lakers roster..
I guarantee you Chalmers and Haslem would get good clock for the Lakers.

laugh.gif
 Chalmers wouldn't play over Fisher or Blake and Haslem might get garbage time.. he's behind Gasol, Odom and Bynum.. he'd
be fighting for minutes against Ratliff.. I stand behind my statement but it's not like those big 3 and Miller are not good enough to win

it.. but lets not get carried away and pretend these scrubs they signed are starting on any other championship contending team.. 

if they lose people will say they didn't have a good enough supporting cast and their coach sucked. you can see it already.

there is no excuse. they teamed up on some superfriends steez and now they have a target on their back. with the type of talent their "big 3" has they better win it all for the next 4 years.

if they lose people will say they didn't have a good enough supporting cast and their coach sucked. you can see it already.

there is no excuse. they teamed up on some superfriends steez and now they have a target on their back. with the type of talent their "big 3" has they better win it all for the next 4 years.

Originally Posted by DubA169

laugh.gif
 I'm not a Heat fan.. I'm a Laker fan but I'm honest with who they got.. some people are acting like its 2000 and big z and juan howard
are studs.. they are serviceable bigs but none of their bigs can play D.. that's not good when you consider how the Lakers won the chip..

Pounding it in the paint.. with Wade, James, Bosh and Miller you shouldn't need that good of role players.. Heck Kobe in his prime played

with Kwame, Mihm and Smush as starters and they had career years and almost beat the Suns in the playoffs.. Miami should make the finals

but people need to stop over hyping there pick ups..  

laugh.gif
 I'm not a Heat fan.. I'm a Laker fan but I'm honest with who they got.. some people are acting like its 2000 and big z and juan howard
are studs.. they are serviceable bigs but none of their bigs can play D.. that's not good when you consider how the Lakers won the chip..

Pounding it in the paint.. with Wade, James, Bosh and Miller you shouldn't need that good of role players.. Heck Kobe in his prime played

with Kwame, Mihm and Smush as starters and they had career years and almost beat the Suns in the playoffs.. Miami should make the finals

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Scott Brooks
Matt Bullard
Sam Cassell
Earl Cureton
Mario Elie
Carl Herrera
Robert Horry
Chris Jent
Vernon Maxwell
Hakeem Olajuwon
Richard Petruska
Eric Riley
Larry Robinson
Kenny Smith
Otis Thorpe
Different time period. Teams weren't so stacked in the '90s.

Scott Brooks
Matt Bullard
Sam Cassell
Earl Cureton
Mario Elie
Carl Herrera
Robert Horry
Chris Jent
Vernon Maxwell
Hakeem Olajuwon
Richard Petruska
Eric Riley
Larry Robinson
Kenny Smith
Otis Thorpe

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Is it just me or is most of the SALTY post coming from LA fans?
nerd.gif

I guess its all good getting PAUL, but three all stars players decide to join forces and they can't win a chip because of their bench?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The way I see it its LA-MIA----Everyone else right now on PAPER.
Its going to be a great season.
pimp.gif

It's always just YOU. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You always have to stir up something against Laker fans, you are always in Laker threads going at it with CP and others. 

The majority of Laker fans in here don't sound salty to me?   In fact, the majority of the Laker fan regulars are giving them the benefit of the doubt, and saying they are gonna be a problem.

So of course it's just you. 

laugh.gif

If you're a Lakers fan then you know damn well it's not about the individual names (which you said yourself). Look at the unit as a hole. That's why this team's bench is looked at the way it is. The surrounding players are built to compliment the big 3.

laugh.gif

If you're a Lakers fan then you know damn well it's not about the individual names (which you said yourself). Look at the unit as a hole. That's why this team's bench is looked at the way it is. The surrounding players are built to compliment the big 3.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Is it just me or is most of the SALTY post coming from LA fans?
nerd.gif

I guess its all good getting PAUL, but three all stars players decide to join forces and they can't win a chip because of their bench?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The way I see it its LA-MIA----Everyone else right now on PAPER.
Its going to be a great season.
pimp.gif

It's always just YOU. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You always have to stir up something against Laker fans, you are always in Laker threads going at it with CP and others. 

The majority of Laker fans in here don't sound salty to me?   In fact, the majority of the Laker fan regulars are giving them the benefit of the doubt, and saying they are gonna be a problem.

So of course it's just you. 

Scott Brooks
Matt Bullard
Sam Cassell
Earl Cureton
Mario Elie
Carl Herrera
Robert Horry
Chris Jent
Vernon Maxwell
Hakeem Olajuwon
Richard Petruska
Eric Riley
Larry Robinson
Kenny Smith
Otis Thorpe
The Dream > *

No one could hold him.

Scott Brooks
Matt Bullard
Sam Cassell
Earl Cureton
Mario Elie
Carl Herrera
Robert Horry
Chris Jent
Vernon Maxwell
Hakeem Olajuwon
Richard Petruska
Eric Riley
Larry Robinson
Kenny Smith
Otis Thorpe
The Dream > *

No one could hold him.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

laugh.gif

Don't get me wrong I think they will contend with that team but where is the defense coming from? Sure they might score 110ppg but they have no defensive presence in the middle.. and Big Z, Haslem, House and Chalmers will put up numbers against
the bad teams in the NBA but what are they gonna do against teams that play good D and have offense too.. I think Boston and LA are better set up for the playoffs.. the Lakers got some really solid pieces that have been overlooked this off-season cause 

of what happened with the Heat.. I just think its ridiculous seeing "pimp hat smoker guy" next to juan howard, big z, carlos arroyo, etc etc.. but its gonna make this season a lot of fun!!!!  

laugh.gif

Don't get me wrong I think they will contend with that team but where is the defense coming from? Sure they might score 110ppg but they have no defensive presence in the middle.. and Big Z, Haslem, House and Chalmers will put up numbers against
the bad teams in the NBA but what are they gonna do against teams that play good D and have offense too.. I think Boston and LA are better set up for the playoffs.. the Lakers got some really solid pieces that have been overlooked this off-season cause 

of what happened with the Heat.. I just think its ridiculous seeing "pimp hat smoker guy" next to juan howard, big z, carlos arroyo, etc etc.. but its gonna make this season a lot of fun!!!!  

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Even coaches get caught up in hype. They aren't immune to favoritism, quite honestly Kobe has a few 1st team Defensive selections he doesn't deserve, but because of his reputation, he has them.
Which is why Gerald Wallace and Thabo made the 1st and 2nd All-Defensive team? You really think NBA coaches are effected that much? Then you aren't giving them enough credit...
Yes I do think they can get effected. They are human and are prone to error just like everyone else. Gerald Wallace is JUST getting noticed for his defensive abilities, as 09-10 was his first selection to a defensive team period, even though this man has been putting up 2 steal/1 block averages for the past few seasons. LeBron has improved on the defensive end, but I wouldn't consider him or Wade lockdown defenders. Solid sure, but lockdown? Nah...

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Even coaches get caught up in hype. They aren't immune to favoritism, quite honestly Kobe has a few 1st team Defensive selections he doesn't deserve, but because of his reputation, he has them.
Which is why Gerald Wallace and Thabo made the 1st and 2nd All-Defensive team? You really think NBA coaches are effected that much? Then you aren't giving them enough credit...
Yes I do think they can get effected. They are human and are prone to error just like everyone else. Gerald Wallace is JUST getting noticed for his defensive abilities, as 09-10 was his first selection to a defensive team period, even though this man has been putting up 2 steal/1 block averages for the past few seasons. LeBron has improved on the defensive end, but I wouldn't consider him or Wade lockdown defenders. Solid sure, but lockdown? Nah...

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Scott Brooks
Matt Bullard
Sam Cassell
Earl Cureton
Mario Elie
Carl Herrera
Robert Horry
Chris Jent
Vernon Maxwell
Hakeem Olajuwon
Richard Petruska
Eric Riley
Larry Robinson
Kenny Smith
Otis Thorpe
Outside of the Lakers and Boston, how many other teams are exactly stacked? And the '90s had great teams. Sonics, Jazz, Bulls, Magic etc.

Back
Top Bottom