~The supporting cast. Is it enough?~

They look real good. Now you can't blame the supporting cast. Its pretty good.

Like somebody said chemistry....

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

MayhemMonkey knows basketball, period.
pimp.gif

And I'd say if fair to say that Lebron and Wade  this upcomming year will most certainly be as close to 'lockdown defenders',  as you can get.  It's a given that neither now will have to exert close to the amount of energy that they've had in the past few years offensivly. Having to go almost 1 on 5 on most nights, down the stretch of close games. And anyone can say whatever you want,  but they are both ALL NBA defenders. They are explosive athletes, whom slide their feet, contest, and close out. And they create game/momentum changing turnovers(especially Wade, cannot tell you how many 4th qtr clutch shot blocks he's had)

That's thing when talking about the Bruce Bowens, Ron Artest(atleast in his his role as a Laker), Shane Battier types. While they all are tremendous on ball defenders in their own right, they don't come close to exerting the energy that the Kobes, Lebrons, and D.Wades do. And that's why those three in particular get the recognition they do as two-way players. It's easy to key on a opponent defensively when on the other end, all you're doing is camped out on the wing for 3 point setshots. Being able to hold ground after having to work hard for 27,28 points a game/everynight is a different story.

Let a Lebron with his athletic prowess in a role as a designated defender, with little to no worry of playmaking or scoring? No buckets.

Na dude they are not coming or touching even being great defenders. Dwade? who the hell is he locking down?

There has to be some talent and desire to play D.

Those guys you mentioned or considered dirty players and love to get in the face of other people. Bron and Wade can do that but only on the offensive end.

There ok defenders, with Bron being better.its not like Bron is going to have to try to lockdon anyway, considering the east doesnt really have any great SF.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

MayhemMonkey knows basketball, period.
pimp.gif

And I'd say if fair to say that Lebron and Wade  this upcomming year will most certainly be as close to 'lockdown defenders',  as you can get.  It's a given that neither now will have to exert close to the amount of energy that they've had in the past few years offensivly. Having to go almost 1 on 5 on most nights, down the stretch of close games. And anyone can say whatever you want,  but they are both ALL NBA defenders. They are explosive athletes, whom slide their feet, contest, and close out. And they create game/momentum changing turnovers(especially Wade, cannot tell you how many 4th qtr clutch shot blocks he's had)

That's thing when talking about the Bruce Bowens, Ron Artest(atleast in his his role as a Laker), Shane Battier types. While they all are tremendous on ball defenders in their own right, they don't come close to exerting the energy that the Kobes, Lebrons, and D.Wades do. And that's why those three in particular get the recognition they do as two-way players. It's easy to key on a opponent defensively when on the other end, all you're doing is camped out on the wing for 3 point setshots. Being able to hold ground after having to work hard for 27,28 points a game/everynight is a different story.

Let a Lebron with his athletic prowess in a role as a designated defender, with little to no worry of playmaking or scoring? No buckets.

Na dude they are not coming or touching even being great defenders. Dwade? who the hell is he locking down?

There has to be some talent and desire to play D.

Those guys you mentioned or considered dirty players and love to get in the face of other people. Bron and Wade can do that but only on the offensive end.

There ok defenders, with Bron being better.its not like Bron is going to have to try to lockdon anyway, considering the east doesnt really have any great SF.

Why do they need to worry about defense, when they are going to score 100% of everytime they bring the ball up the court?

Why do they need to worry about defense, when they are going to score 100% of everytime they bring the ball up the court?

They'll be fine. I can see them even adding Erick Dampier just for another experienced big man.

PG - Chalmers, Arroyo
SG - Wade, Miller
SF - LeBron, Miller
PF - Bosh, Haslem
C - Joel Anthony, Z/Dampier

They'll be fine. I can see them even adding Erick Dampier just for another experienced big man.

PG - Chalmers, Arroyo
SG - Wade, Miller
SF - LeBron, Miller
PF - Bosh, Haslem
C - Joel Anthony, Z/Dampier

outside the big 3 and maybe miller none of those guys would even sniff playing time on the current Lakers roster..

outside the big 3 and maybe miller none of those guys would even sniff playing time on the current Lakers roster..

It's three real superstars. I think people are downplaying how good each of them are individually, and acting like LeBron's skills have been diminished since he's changed teams, same with Bosh. They have a nice group of players around them too; put them around the Big 3 and they're going to look good. But again, only time will tell and we'll just have to see during the games...but I think chemistry is going to be the most important thing.

It's three real superstars. I think people are downplaying how good each of them are individually, and acting like LeBron's skills have been diminished since he's changed teams, same with Bosh. They have a nice group of players around them too; put them around the Big 3 and they're going to look good. But again, only time will tell and we'll just have to see during the games...but I think chemistry is going to be the most important thing.

Is it just me or is most of the SALTY post coming from LA fans?
nerd.gif

I guess its all good getting PAUL, but three all stars players decide to join forces and they can't win a chip because of their bench?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The way I see it its LA-MIA----Everyone else right now on PAPER.
Its going to be a great season.
pimp.gif

Is it just me or is most of the SALTY post coming from LA fans?
nerd.gif

I guess its all good getting PAUL, but three all stars players decide to join forces and they can't win a chip because of their bench?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The way I see it its LA-MIA----Everyone else right now on PAPER.
Its going to be a great season.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ledafuture36

half the Lakers dont even get playing time though
laugh.gif

yeah they got some weak pieces but come on.. I mean if you take out Bosh and Wade, that team is probably better than the one Bron took to the finals...

Add Bosh and Wade and its good night
smokin.gif

half the Lakers dont even get playing time though
laugh.gif

yeah they got some weak pieces but come on.. I mean if you take out Bosh and Wade, that team is probably better than the one Bron took to the finals...

Add Bosh and Wade and its good night
smokin.gif

Im a magic fan til death
laugh.gif
 but if miami IF they make it to the finals next june then I'd love to see bean run  right thru them to 3-peat. It'll be a nice way for phil to go out and get his 12th ring

Im a magic fan til death
laugh.gif
 but if miami IF they make it to the finals next june then I'd love to see bean run  right thru them to 3-peat. It'll be a nice way for phil to go out and get his 12th ring

I guarantee you Chalmers and Haslem would get good clock for the Lakers.

I guarantee you Chalmers and Haslem would get good clock for the Lakers.

Back
Top Bottom