The Tesla Motors Appreciation Thread

Ce7cHEiWIAQ_E3b.jpg

I'm gonna need a moist towelette

Last edited:
I know Cali yuppies gon beast...maybe a few parkslope type NYers too...

But these aint doin no real damage since US hydrofracking and da end of Iran sanctions has changed da oil market for da foreseen future.

Musk said in a tweet that orders had reached 180,000 after 24 hours, with an estimated value of about $7.5 billion. Which car that you know of has done that kind of number? This has nothing to do with oil, oil is cheap. It is 2016.

Last edited:
Musk said in a tweet that orders had reached 180,000 after 24 hours, with an estimated value of about $7.5 billion. Which car that you know of has done that kind of number? This has nothing to do with oil, oil is cheap. It is 2016.

yea

VERY impressive

I'm interested to see how many of those actually end up buying the car instead of asking for their deposit back.

Regardless, let that boy Musk cook :pimp:

I'm not really into cars but I when saw the Model 3, the first thing I said was...

This car is going to change the world.

I'm not really into cars but I when saw the Model 3, the first thing I said was...

This car is going to change the world.

Yea, i dont think this model per say but i more so was like "ok its getting real". I really feel in 10-15 we will be able to make that call. When did the first tesla come out? I still feel its too new for the avg consumer to trust it from a reliabilty stand point.

How much is the tax credit

Only way I would think about buying one honestly

That matte black looks amazing too
7500$ federal.

2500$ rebate here in California and access to carpool lanes

Pre orders are up to a quarter million. This is definitely a major change, especially if the S continues to sell as well.

Pre orders are up to a quarter million. This is definitely a major change, especially if the S continues to sell as well.

wow

but if this happens............WOW

Rumor has it a top-of-the-line Model 3 could get an 80kWh battery, providing enough juice for Ludicrous-mode all-wheel-drive launches and 0-60 in under four seconds.

I'd be shocked if they even sold a quarter of those 250k pre orders in the first model year...
I don't know, if the first 200k get the 7500 tax credit I think at least half will sell. Even though it's refundable, putting $1000 down at this point is a solid indicator of intent in my opinion.

I don't know, if the first 200k get the 7500 tax credit I think at least half will sell. Even though it's refundable, putting $1000 down at this point is a solid indicator of intent in my opinion.

Lol cant you just put 1k down on a credit card or something? 1k isnt a lot, i think if the down payment was 3-5k then the number of who will actually buy will be more accurate.

They're definitely doing this to bring more equity to the company. TSLA shares went up a lot with this preorder.

Before, with the Model S and Model X you had to put $5k down and after two weeks it wasn't refundable.

The car doesn't eem have a dash since all the info is going to be on the 15" screen in the center.

I hope they at least get heads up display like BMW has.

Last edited:
but if this happens............WOW

Rumor has it a top-of-the-line Model 3 could get an 80kWh battery, providing enough juice for Ludicrous-mode all-wheel-drive launches and 0-60 in under four seconds.

Isn't the base 5 seconds 0-60 aheady?...

I'd be shocked if they even sold a quarter of those 250k pre orders in the first model year...

I Def agree on it being an indicator... But I'd still be shocked if they moved 65k the first year, not even basing it on production speed... I just think a lot of people put money down without really thinking it out...

Sure it's a 25-35k car, Accord money basically... But how are these people going to charge the car that don't have garages?... Do they realize how quickly the battery drains while sitting over night, especially on cold nights?... How is it in bad weather?...

I don't think a lot if people are asking themselves these questions... If you don't own a home with a garage, you're basically unable to own one of these... People who use garages or street parking are completely SOL here...

Edit - stupid nt mobile...

Last edited:
Hopefully they put up more charging stations :lol:

I read they are planning on doubling locations over the next year or two, but who knows. Impressed if it really drops in 2017 as Musk claims.

I live in an apartment and I'm fine. Some people in NYC charge at jfk.

Battery drain is real, especially in the cold.

Actual production numbers is hard to say. The Model X only moved 200 units or so in December. That's not a lot compared to GM who can produce thousands of cars in the same time frame.

Let's be real though, many people put money down thinking the car is going to be $25k. A lot of new buyers just see the $7500 tax credit and state incentives and think it all applies automatically when they could be working part time at Footlocker.

I live in an apartment and I'm fine. Some people in NYC charge at jfk.

Battery drain is real, especially in the cold.

Actual production numbers is hard to say. The Model X only moved 200 units or so in December. That's not a lot compared to GM who can produce thousands of cars in the same time frame.

Let's be real though, many people put money down thinking the car is going to be $25k. A lot of new buyers just see the $7500 tax credit and state incentives and think it all applies automatically when they could be working part time at Footlocker.

Curiosity to how you live in an apartment and manage to change?... :nerd:

And your last paragraph is a big part of my thoughts as well...

Back
Top Bottom