The Thread About Nothing. SNEAKER EDITION

B5g91UNCUAA_z12.jpg

That's what it's all about right there :pimp:

Whether it be the joy you get from getting a pair that you've really wanted in, the feeling of putting them on, or paying it forward by giving someone else the chance to experience these feelings.

It's about the love, man.

Where are all those people that hated the Columbia XI's? I remember from each holiday release when it gets talked about them being released, there was a portion of that thread where people would bash that shoe like it was horrible. Now look at them....
laugh.gif

Where are all those people that hated the Columbia XI's? I remember from each holiday release when it gets talked about them being released, there was a portion of that thread where people would bash that shoe like it was horrible. Now look at them....
laugh.gif
Still here.

Columbias worst OG XI still

I've always loved the Columbia XIs. I hate the "breds". The look just doesn't work for me and everytimeI see someone wearing them its either in a generic outfit or they have been beat to shreds.

laugh.gif
Still here.

Columbias worst OG XI still
At least you're consistent 
laugh.gif

For me, if there's a sneaker that I like, but I don't have the funds = autopass.

Anyone ever recall anything about some "Grape" VI samples in 1990/1 ?

I found some of my old JB calendars and MJ is wearing a few pairs of samples. Sample infrared VIs with the boxy reinforced toe rand, sample Metallic/Fire-red Vs with the large "sharktooth/flame pattern" and most peculiarly a pair of White based VIs that appear to have black and turquoise accents being worn with a purple sweatshirt.

I'll scan some pics so you can see what I'm talking about, but I'm under the presumption they may have been a cancelled Hornets themed colorway of the VIs.

I remember seeing V samples on the old Air-Jordans.com website that had neon blue and green accents as well as Black/Cement IVs with a multicolor splatter pattern, but don't recall any sample VI's aside from the reverse midsole 00 retros.

Edit: Here are the pics...

Sample VIs with reinforced toe rand
z9Cfsfb.jpg

Sample Vs with large "sharktooth/flame"
in1LvBf.jpg

Mystery VIs (possible scrapped Hornets colorway?)
fwzd7K5.jpg

Last edited:
nthat.gif
. Them sample V's look like 180's at a quick glance for some reason. Either way, Nike marketing was working their magic. 

Back
Top Bottom