The Thread About Nothing. SNEAKER EDITION

Kobe should have stayed with adidas

Look at that one shoe that looked like a toaster. ...yea it was weird but it was forward thinking and that was more than 10 years ago.....imagine if they kept progressing to today.

His last 2 sneakers may have been designed by kanye west..

all his adidas design wise are better than his nikes.

One of my biggest pet peeves about sneakers is when you're having a conversation about sneakers and someone calls out the wrong year that a sneaker came out. Like for example calling black metallic 5's "'06" >:

I agree completely. It irks me too, even though it probably shouldn't. If I know black metallic 5's dropped in January 2007, then there really is no reason to be discussing production dates unless it's to confirm authenticity. Besides, in most cases, it's generally easier to remember or search on the net for release years than it is to locate production dates, unless you already have the shoe.

Last edited:
tumblr_lnqf2eJln01qh9acyo1_500.jpg

One of my biggest pet peeves about sneakers is when you're having a conversation about sneakers and someone calls out the wrong year that a sneaker came out. Like for example calling black metallic 5's "'06" >:

I agree completely. It irks me too, even though it probably shouldn't. If I know black metallic 5's dropped in January 2007, then there really is no reason to be discussing production dates unless it's to confirm authenticity. Besides, in most cases, it's generally easier to remember or search on the net for release years than it is to locate production dates, unless you already have the shoe.

Thats why I usually have the problem. If I don't remember the year they come out I check the shoe itself

Found some old Eastbays and FNL mags the other day. Posting in here to remind myself to scan some pages for yall.

Sorry it took so long. Here's some from 02/03

FNL Mag:

I didn't know Reebok made a AJ X :lol:
rbk_ajx.jpg

Dat Sweat Suit :lol:
bron1.jpg

bron2.jpg

Eastbay

Remember when you could get Nike ID's through Eastbay?
eb3.jpg

eb2.jpg

Black/red patent Griffeys from 02... aka the consolation prize for anyone who struck out on the 01 Black/Red XI retro.
EB1.jpg

Jordan New Jack :lol:. MJ musta been getting his Goth on in 02 ... & Jet Flights @ $30... :x These need a retro so bad.
eb4.jpg

eb5.jpg

eb6.jpg

I want this Jordan Machinists suit so bad. I have an unreleased sample coverall in a similar style that was intended for the XIIIs. I also remember a black/red and olive/red one they made for the XVIs. I'd love to find that one somewhere. I remember people talking real bad on it, calling it the Jordan "Garbage Man" suit, but I always thought coveralls were dope.
eb7.jpg

eb8.jpg

eb9.jpg

eb10.jpg

eb11.jpg

eb12.jpg

Anyone need a Jordan wave cap or biker style bandana? :lol:
eb13.jpg

eb14.jpg

FP IIIs @ $60
eb15.jpg

eb16.jpg