the thread about nothing...

Coward :smh:
4EBD7429-D7B8-4624-8196-804671FDE70D.jpeg

I forgot Drake was even on Jordan brand, are people going to stop wearing Jordan's if he leaves? They just sold a ton of 3s last week

Last edited:
Drake May Leave Jordan Brand for adidas
The rapper is reportedly in talks with the German brand.
By Jake Silbert/5 Hrs ago/Fashion
56344 Hypes0 Comments
The latest OVO x Jordan Brand sneaker was raffled just days ago but it may very well be the final collaborative drop. According to footwear industry insiders close to Drake, as well as HYPEBEAST’s own sources, the rapper is unhappy with his Jordan Brand partnership and is seeking a deal more to his liking.

Sources also say that the rapper is in talks with adidas to forge a new partnership, where he would join peers like Kanye West and Pusha T — West famously left Nike for adidas for similar reasons. Drake and Jordan Brand have worked together since 2013, with a host of Jordan silhouettes reworked by Drake’s OVO imprint in the past five years. The rapper favors the Air Jordan 8, but has collaborated on a variety of silhouettes, including last year’s off-kilter Trunner LX.

On top of the various rumblings, adidas informed HYPEBEAST that it had a major announcement planned for last weekend’s 747 Warehouse St. activation. However, that announcement was postponed by Saturday. Still, we’ve noticed that Drake has been liking some of our Instagram photos of various adidas silhouettes (see below), something he hasn’t done in the past.

Stay tuned for more information, neither Jordan Brand nor Drake have confirmed or denied the rumors. 2018 has barely begun and it’s already a banner year for Drake, with his “God Plan” recently hitting triple-platinum status.

From hypebeast.com

I mean damn, Kanye went on that stupid *** rant with Mark Parker which led to him leaving. Does anybody think they will do better than that? What would anyone else expect from Nike? If you want more creative control, take your *** to the other side then :lol:. I didn't personally care for any of the OVO collabs with Jordan anyway.

Jordan brand doesn't really need, they are still living off the legacy of Michael Jordan and nostalgia. Both parties are still going to eat.

Adidas has better designers anyway, we shall see what happens. Adidas also has done bett job representing hop-hop/musicians consistently as well since run dmc back in the 70s.

Still mad that adidas pushed back the byw x to fall. Gonna have drop over retail which I don't like doing.

Real talk I think Kanye is kind of a once in a lifetime situation, I dont think no other rapper can really move his own sneaker. I aint talking about collabs or colorways, I mean a completely new model. Kanye is looked at as fashion icon, Drake gets clowned on the regular for his fashion choices. These brands just burning money hoping to replicate the success (Under Armour signed A$AP Rocky for christ sake)

Back
Top Bottom