the thread about nothing...

fyi If i meet any of you guys in real life I'm just gonna picture your avy over your face the entire time
laugh.gif
you'll be talking to a lot of jiggling tittays and shaking masses.

from reddit, a theory on Pulp Fiction

We were stoned and talking about movies when I came up with this bizarre theory that I thought Pulp Fiction was about music in America. I'm very aware that this is most likely not true, but we had a lot of fun talking about it.

The briefcase is Rock and Roll. Marcellus represents the origin of rock music in America (blues, motown, soul, etc) Jules is Chuck Berry and Vincent is Elvis. They go to get the briefcase back from the nerdy white guys trying to steal it. Maybe they represent greedy record producers that profited off of Black music and screwed over many Black musicians.

The reason the guy that unloads a gun at them is unable to hit them is because legends of music can never die and will be around forever. Jules realizes this and realizes that he is fighting a pointless fight. Pumpkin and Honey Bunny happen to be British and they also try to take the briefcase. They represent the British Invasion. The British Invasion was completely influenced by the blues and older pop music. Jules lets them leave with the money, but keeps his "Bad Mother ******" wallet. (They can steal and be influenced by the older music, but they can't take a legends style. They have to come up with their own style.) Jules even mentions that he is trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Butch is introduced as a boxer being told by Marcellus to throw a fight. Butch represents new and interesting rock music that continues to come out and Marcellus doesn't like this. Butch doesn't throw the fight and runs away. They both get captured by rednecks while a country song is playing. The rapists represent country music. Country music also stole a lot from the blues and other Black music. This is shown by them raping Marcellus. Butch has a chance to escape but decides to go back and save him out of respect. Marcellus agrees to let Butch live and they truce and go separate ways. Marcellus accepts that there will always be new music and there's nothing he can do to stop it. The watch represents that as time moves on, more new music will continue to be made and they will all be influenced by what came before them.

Vincent dies on the toilet like Elvis.

My god. He's right.

Ms. Wallace must be disco then.

Warm...warmer...disco!
Pretty interesting idea

:wow:

We were stoned and talking about movies when I came up with this bizarre theory that I thought Pulp Fiction was about music in America. I'm very aware that this is most likely not true, but we had a lot of fun talking about it.

The briefcase is Rock and Roll. Marcellus represents the origin of rock music in America (blues, motown, soul, etc) Jules is Chuck Berry and Vincent is Elvis. They go to get the briefcase back from the nerdy white guys trying to steal it. Maybe they represent greedy record producers that profited off of Black music and screwed over many Black musicians.

The reason the guy that unloads a gun at them is unable to hit them is because legends of music can never die and will be around forever. Jules realizes this and realizes that he is fighting a pointless fight. Pumpkin and Honey Bunny happen to be British and they also try to take the briefcase. They represent the British Invasion. The British Invasion was completely influenced by the blues and older pop music. Jules lets them leave with the money, but keeps his "Bad Mother ******" wallet. (They can steal and be influenced by the older music, but they can't take a legends style. They have to come up with their own style.) Jules even mentions that he is trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Butch is introduced as a boxer being told by Marcellus to throw a fight. Butch represents new and interesting rock music that continues to come out and Marcellus doesn't like this. Butch doesn't throw the fight and runs away. They both get captured by rednecks while a country song is playing. The rapists represent country music. Country music also stole a lot from the blues and other Black music. This is shown by them raping Marcellus. Butch has a chance to escape but decides to go back and save him out of respect. Marcellus agrees to let Butch live and they truce and go separate ways. Marcellus accepts that there will always be new music and there's nothing he can do to stop it. The watch represents that as time moves on, more new music will continue to be made and they will all be influenced by what came before them.

My god. He's right.

Warm...warmer...disco!
Pretty interesting idea

I love this.

was turned down by this light skin thick bmore braud..because I wasn't "hood" enough..:smh:...were the sign-up sheet for being a cornball brother

Watching Oldboy for the first time. The anime voice actors are ruining the mood for me.

Reported all u lames talkin bout reps
laugh.gif
Ok. This is my first time even participating in these conversations, I dont mind helping someone who might very well be superstitious, only a superstitious person would mention such a thing in the first place. Soon everyone will lose rep privileges anyways with it becoming the worlds biggest deal on here like it has

Last edited:
Whatever happened with the book you did with your grandfather? Maybe i missed it but i think i remember you trying to get it online for us to checkout

it's complete and edited... sadly, my grandfathers health has taken a turn for the worse... debating if I should add on a final chapter now or publishing as is

it's difficult because he was always going full steam every day, and now he has to cut back on his daily routine. his confidence is down and I don't want to rush the final print without his full blessing. once it gets pressed, NT will get free access... thanks for the support though! :nthat:

hope his health improves fam, but im sure i dont have to remind you how lucky you are, not only to have such a great grandfather but to get the oppurtunity to document his life with him like that. your son will get a chance now to appreciate him too

My god. He's right.

Warm...warmer...disco!
Pretty interesting idea

threadworthy...?

Last edited:
I think this whole rep thing and how people are so desperate to get any shows us who's actually been on NT for a while vs these some of these new members polluting the board

Back
Top Bottom