the thread about nothing...

Seems like this will be a great evening to do nothing, but watch football and relax. I need to get a haircut, but the laziness won't allow it.

Can someone explain why tv shows/programs are broadcasted at times that (for example) air at 9/8c?

Why is the airing of said programming at a different time in the central time zone?  When a show airs at 9 Eastern Time, that doesnt mean it airs at 6 Pacific Time....it airs at 9 Pacific Time.  Why is this different for the Central Time Zone?  Why wouldnt the show just air at 9 across the board?

Just something I have always been curious about.  Anyone know?

Can someone explain why tv shows/programs are broadcasted at times that (for example) air at 9/8c?

Why is the airing of said programming at a different time in the central time zone?  When a show airs at 9 Eastern Time, that doesnt mean it airs at 6 Pacific Time....it airs at 9 Pacific Time.  Why is this different for the Central Time Zone?  Why wouldnt the show just air at 9 across the board?

Just something I have always been curious about.  Anyone know?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_time_zones_on_North_American_broadcasting#United_States

Broadcast networks and cable channels also advertise airtimes in Eastern time, sometimes also including either Central or Pacific time and until the 1980s, Mountain time, depending on whether there is a separate feed for that time zone. This has led to conventions like "tonight at 9/8 Central" (referring to the east feed), "tonight at 9 p.m. Eastern and Pacific" (referring to both the east feed and the three-hour delayed west feed), and "tonight at 9/8 Central and Mountain" (also including the Mountain feed).

being a west coaster i cant imagine watching a sporting event until 2am

Back
Top Bottom