the thread about nothing...

Two interviews lined up this week for work I never imagined myself doing. Entry level, but gotta start somewhere right?

Wish a dude some luck
happy.gif
Good luck

Anyone know if there are advantages to graduating with a major in Accounting, vs graduating with
a major in Finance? Faced with a decision to graduate in 3 quarters with a Finance degree, or in

6 or 7 quarters with an accounting degree.

Will this really hinder or prevent me from gaining a solid career path? Or are they mostly the same?...
nerd.gif
Dont do accounting. The end.

People will try and feed you the "Accounting is the building block of business" stuff which is partially true, but all of that which theyre talking about you gain in the first two classes. In regards to how marketable your degree will be, finance and econ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:
Anyone know if there are advantages to graduating with a major in Accounting, vs graduating with
a major in Finance? Faced with a decision to graduate in 3 quarters with a Finance degree, or in

Will this really hinder or prevent me from gaining a solid career path? Or are they mostly the same?...
nerd.gif
Depends on what you want to do (if you've given that any thought).

I graduated almost 5 years ago with a double major in Accounting and MIS, and am a licensed CPA. Did the whole accounting firm thing also.

If I could do it all over again, I would change my path in a heartbeat. However, a lot of people are still happy doing what they do within accounting.

Accounting you're pretty much on a cap track. And your career j's a bit more defined.

Finance is a bit more broad, you can pretty much interview for a bunch of jobs (e.g. analyst, managerial training programs, consulting etc).

Accounting firms are stickler s for vetting transcripts, but the fun jobs are not in accounting.

Dont do accounting. The end.

People will try and feed you the "Accounting is the building block of business" stuff which is partially true, but all of that which theyre talking about you gain in the first two classes. In regards to how marketable your degree will be, finance and econ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Depends on what you want to do (if you've given that any thought).

I graduated almost 5 years ago with a double major in Accounting and MIS, and am a licensed CPA. Did the whole accounting firm thing also.

If I could do it all over again, I would change my path in a heartbeat. However, a lot of people are still happy doing what they do within accounting.

Thanks for the replies guys, looks like I'll be focusing on FInance, and maybe considering Econ as a minor or double major. My main goal is to have a degree with good job options. Something that I can gain a consistent career with, not being stuck with something I may not like doing, and then not having other job options.

And finishing sooner sounds way more appealing than school for an extra year for accounting.

Migraines are the worst. Take some Excedrin and just drink tons of water and hope for the best.

It's the caffeine. It can help a migraine.. and it's also an ingredient in Excedrin or a comparable store brand severe headache medicine.

Two interviews lined up this week for work I never imagined myself doing. Entry level, but gotta start somewhere right?

Wish a dude some luck :D .

good luck bruh

Will this really hinder or prevent me from gaining a solid career path? Or are they mostly the same?... :nerd:

Accounting you're pretty much on a cap track. And your career j's a bit more defined.

Finance is a bit more broad, you can pretty much interview for a bunch of jobs (e.g. analyst, managerial training programs, consulting etc).

Accounting firms are stickler s for vetting transcripts, but the fun jobs are not in accounting.

my dude bilbo getting his wolf on. i see you pleighboi. dont forget about me when youre running wall street :\

It's almost my birthday guiz :-/

Want to buy myself something nice but it seems I have to spend $400 on school :frown:

I have a final tomorrow morning, but i just checked and i'm already passing the class :smokin

I think the people who I went to school with who did marketing got into corporate sales typejobs, also company marketing departments

I know very little about that area, and the career track.

I think for market in it's pretty school dependent.

Last edited:
Migraines are the worst. Take some Excedrin and just drink tons of water and hope for the best.
Luckily I had some Motrin in my bag (didnt work anyways), the water is what saved me. I have this bottle which I wish I knew how many ounces it was that I keep on my desk that I try and finish once every hour. I just ramped it up and had like 4 bottles in that span.

A can of Coke helps as well apparently.
Someoen todl me about the caffiene thing. I hate hot coffee but I'm going to buy an iced one later cause I gotta stay up all night and study.

Back
Top Bottom