the thread about nothing...

but lets be honest....is the story really any differnent then just casting the kid, teenager, and adult and shooting it over a year like a normal movie?

Like oh its about growing up and they used the same actors thats crazy...but its still a story about growing up right? Its still a movie...this isnt' a documentry of a persons life over 12 years...they are actors just acting. I don't see how its "ground breaking".
eyes.gif
Yeah, it's still a story of a boy growing up. They claimed that they shot the same actors in a span of 12 years. I dunno if it's true, but if it is, hell, that's cool

Last edited:
but lets be honest....is the story really any differnent then just casting the kid, teenager, and adult and shooting it over a year like a normal movie?

Like oh its about growing up and they used the same actors thats crazy...but its still a story about growing up right? Its still a movie...this isnt' a documentry of a persons life over 12 years...they are actors just acting. I don't see how its "ground breaking". :rolleyes
Yeah, it's still a story of a boy growing up. They claimed that they shot the same actors in a span of 12 years. I dunno if it's true, but if it is, hell, that's cool

true i guess if nothing else...its pretty cool that its the same actors getting old. But these days with cgi and make up i prob couldn't tell you the difference anyway :lol: the story in general looks cool though, those coming of age tales are always good watches...will check it out

emissions problems suck...

$300 for a new knock sensor which i can understand, no biggie but another $200 just to run more EVAP diagnostics  ... 
ohwell.gif
 i hate cars

"Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD -- a fictional drama made with the same group of actors over a 12-year period from 2002-2013 -- takes a one-of-a-kind trip, at once epic and intimate, through the exhilaration of childhood, the seismic shifts of a modern family and the very passage of time."

Dope concept and awesome execution. 

Like oh its about growing up and they used the same actors thats crazy...but its still a story about growing up right? Its still a movie...this isnt' a documentry of a persons life over 12 years...they are actors just acting. I don't see how its "ground breaking". :rolleyes

It's groundbreaking because no one ever shoots a movie with the same cast over the course of 12 years. That's what makes it unique.

Last edited:
"Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD -- a fictional drama made with the same group of actors over a 12-year period from 2002-2013 -- takes a one-of-a-kind trip, at once epic and intimate, through the exhilaration of childhood, the seismic shifts of a modern family and the very passage of time."

Dope concept and awesome execution. 

It's groundbreaking because no one ever shoots a movie with the same cast over the course of 12 years. That's what makes it unique.

I hear you....i just don't know if unique makes for a better movie experience for me.

Rihanna's IG fiasco?! da noodz

Back
Top Bottom