THE THREAD ABOUT SKATEBOARDING.

thought this quote was dope.

tumblr_n0zuai8wWm1qcjlv3o1_1280.png

the lifestyle 
nthat.gif

tumblr_n0ux1cw6fg1qfjfh5o1_1280.jpg

this is insane, I've seen this spot in person and is a lot scarier. one of my favorite pics of all time, I actually cut the two piece spread off Transworld and framed it. so gnarly

tumblr_mzy8yypfA31qczwkvo1_1280.jpg

here's a behind the cover thing for it

I can't wait to see Dylan Reider and Kevin Bradley's part in "Cherry"

Jeremy Leabres B Sides. that kickflip 5-0 on that bus stop 
sick.gif

Jimmy Cao's Thrasher part. I really really really like this part, it takes a lot for me to get hyped off a part since most skaters look like robots when they skate but I found something in this that makes me want to go out and go push and have fun and not worry about tricks or being perfect, just have fun.

Last edited:
I've seen jimmy and his crew skate a few times around the city and they kill it! Jimmy's style is very mellow.

Last edited:
Jimmy Cao's part made me want some Puma Suedes (but not light colored khakis).

Pretty psyched that they finally decided to do an Ed Templeton Epic'ly Later'd. I might have left the grip off of the nose of my deck a few times so I could do one-foot ollies like he did. Kind of crazy to realize that he was pushing street skating alongside Jason Lee back then. I didn't even know that they were tight.

New Deal in the old days was a sick company, but I don't think they should try to bring it back. It's like how Underworld Element was sick until it became Element. Or how Mad Circle was awesome before it went under. Then again, if Mad Circle didn't end, then maybe Pontus Alv wouldn't have left the US to start Polar or Karl Watson wouldn't have done Organika?

Yeah, I was just on that site earlier to check if part 3 came out. I just figured that posting the YouTube upload would be easier to get people interested.

The Cardiel, Koston, Rowley, Mariano, and Dressen ones were pretty sick too. I'm probably forgetting a few.

Ed Templeton is so weird 
laugh.gif
 taking pics of little girl in bikinis all day in HB for him. can't wait til he has an art show I can actually make it to.

Thrasher just posted this 
laugh.gif

and this dope Santa Cruz ad for their collab with Star Wars.

Ed Templeton is so weird :lol:  taking pics of little girl in bikinis all day in HB for him. can't wait til he has an art show I can actually make it to.

It's usually that or pelicans. I like how he just takes pictures of random stuff that catches his eye though. Compared to other pros/ams on Instagram who tend to have lots of pictures of them at parties (Atiba, Koston,etc.), throwaway footy, inspirational quotes(Stevie WIlliams), throwback pics/vids when they used to skate way more, or promotion for whatever dozens of sponsors/projects they have (Dyrdek and Theotis).

Any thoughts on this video? Aside from Derek Fukuhara, I forgot that World had a skate team up until recently when they canned the program. I want to wish Shetler luck with his company, but I can't stop thinking that "All I Need" is a terrible name for a skate company.

SMH at them using Brandon Westgate footage and what seems to be insinuating like he quit Zoo for them. If he did, I feel bad for Westgate making such a bonehead decision when I heard way bigger, better companies (Alien, Real, Toy Machine) were looking to grab him. But then again, that's all SLAP message board speculation. As much as I stopped caring about Zoo back when they started kicking off the older OG riders, I can't deny that they get that mall shop money to pay their riders.

Anyway, old school Filmbot Derek Fukuhara:

and Marty Murawski:

Why does it feel like only now the companies that Kenny Anderson rides for realized that he's a handsome guy? Is it due to the whole "Team Handsome" thing?

Still not sold on Alex Olson's new company Bianca Chardon, but I do like how they're trying to bring back that '90's Big Brother magazine ad approach.

Last edited:
It's usually that or pelicans. I like how he just takes pictures of random stuff that catches his eye though. Compared to other pros/ams on Instagram who tend to have lots of pictures of them at parties (Atiba, Koston,etc.), throwaway footy, inspirational quotes(Stevie WIlliams), throwback pics/vids when they used to skate way more, or promotion for whatever dozens of sponsors/projects they have (Dyrdek and Theotis).

Any thoughts on this video? Aside from Derek Fukuhara, I forgot that World had a skate team up until recently when they canned the program. I want to wish Shetler luck with his company, but I can't stop thinking that "All I Need" is a terrible name for a skate company.

SMH at them using Brandon Westgate footage and what seems to be insinuating like he quit Zoo for them.

Why does it feel like only now the companies that Kenny Anderson rides for realized that he's a handsome guy? Is it due to the whole "Team Handsome" thing?

Still not sold on Alex Olson's new company Bianca Chardon, but I do like how they're trying to bring back that '90's Big Brother magazine ad approach.
I like Templeton's eye, he just has to watch out 
laugh.gif

I'm glad I wasn't the only one tripping out about Westgate, I found it odd but he's just the homie, I don't think people should look deep into it.

that Fukuhara part was dope and MArty has one of my favorite BS flips.

I saw Kenny Anderson with some babe in LA in September and she was bangin!!! a hot little vintage hipster 
embarassed.gif

I like Olson's take on skateboarding and his company, kinda similar to 3D, just a pure skate brand and lowkey.

I found this part that is pretty dope, sucks Powell let go of some riders, including Hoffart who is so gnarly

I also might have turned into a Powell only board guy if I get my hands on one of these fun shape boards

and love em.

I always saw Powell as doing business way more shady and out of touch compared to when Stacy Peralta was still at the company. But then again, most of the riders they had on the team during that time went off to World or started their own companies.

When most kids could buy a Powell blank for $35 what incentive was there to buy a Powell pro board for $50+? Aside from Caballero, I had to go check the website to see if I knew anyone on the board team. At the very least, they still make good bearings, bushings, and wheels, so at least I can buy those.

Was going through my YouTube history and re-found this chill little Japanese skate clip. Not the most technical or gnar, but it gives me that "go out and skate at night" feeling.

how do you take the screwdriver out of the skate tool? Im trying to just pull it out but its stuck tight in there. It's the basic t shape one

I got a set of Satori 64mm 78a cruiser wheels on my Zip Zinger. Before that I had the Zip Zinger wheels which were terribly slow for me, even with Swiss bearings in them. I also have a set of Satori P-town player 54mm 78a wheels on my Creature Brue Killer. I remember wanting those wheels ever since I saw this video. I'd say the 54s are almost as fast as the 64s, but without the extra weight and height.

Don't buy those Spitfires just because they say Supreme on them! The graphics will disappear in a week or so. That said, I haven't ridden Spitfires for years so I can't offer any relevant feedback. Sorry.

Part 3 of Ed Templeton is on vice's site. Makes me want to relearn caspers and proper impossibles.

Also, this got uploaded:

Don't buy those Spitfires just because they say Supreme on them! The graphics will disappear in a week or so. That said, I haven't ridden Spitfires for years so I can't offer any relevant feedback. Sorry.
Graphic and brand doesn't really matter to me, they're just the only wheels I've found that are soft and not gigantic lol.

powell's mini logos were my go-to boards as a kid, not bc of the pricing but bc they were really good boards and lasted a while considering I had no money growing up. but I'm trying to find something as to why they got rid of their team.

and that part was fun. no flip-in, flip-outs and all that technical stuff that gets tiring to see.
I see that Daewon won the 2up contest
**** yea, it was a tough one though, youness, sewa, nick, joey, marc killed it!!!

daewon took everyone from the berrics staff to eat with his winnings or something like that after.

Anyone got a plug on some small soft cruiser wheels?
looks for some OJ wheels. 

here's the website http://ojwheels.com/  just so you could check them out then if you like what you see obviously check around online/ebay for a pair.
you just reminded me that I need to watch "Search the Horizon" again, was dead sick the day it came out and never got around to it.

Back
Top Bottom