The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Finally getting the BLNR .... supposedly.

Crazy the prices they've been going for but I'm patient enough to get from an AD instead of getting a used one at or above MSRP.

That being said, would be nice if they had they had the new movement but personally I like it over the BLRO.

i guess it depends on the city

when i got mine, all 4 stores i visisted had it on display and was more than willing to let go that same day

but that's LA for you

I think it might be different now for the BLNR. Haven't found a place that has one. If you know of an AD willing to ship LMK and it's a done deal.

I like the pepsi too but not enough to consider a purchase, there's just something off with the red on rolex's ceramic bezels, just not the right shade unlike the ss bezel of the old or the one on the tudor

I don't like the bezels on the new GMTs either. Everything, from the colors to the number font, is nicer on the classic ss bezels IMO. The Pepsi is one of my grails and I've decided that I'm going vintage when I decide to buy one.

3772C17B-ED9E-4613-BE46-0638810699F6.jpeg
My gawd. I need!!!

Can someone explain the fascination of the Tudor BB 58 to me? Is it just the nostalgia & size of the watch? It's an aesthetically dope piece especially for everyday wear, but the watch beasts seem to be foaming at the mouth for it lol.

with watches size matters :lol:

especially for those that want that vintage feel and look

it's also worth noting that the market has somewhat been pushing toward smaller watches, maybe not to the extreme of 32mm but definitely away from the 50mm giants

What's a good affordable (<$500) automatic pilot or aviator style watch? Looking for something like the IWC 3717, I see stuff on ebay/amazon for ~$100 not sure if I those are bad or not.

tumblr_mj9yhbi8Ya1qzleu4o1_500.jpg

MARATAC_MID_PILOT_WHOLE5.jpg

Maratac Mid Pilot might work for you
http://wornandwound.com/the-affordable-observers-watch/

I've been looking at a Pilot's Watch in that range for awhile now.. I was close to pulling the trigger on a Laco or Steinhart Type B style.. but I'm not as in love with it as before. I impulse bought a Seiko 5 the other day and threw it on a NATO strap and I'm glad I finally got a simple field watch. I wanted the Hamilton Khaki Field for years but this was a good alternative for a third of the price.
4446ba742eeca3727fbf24c75df7042471acc3d0_l.jpg

336046f4f87232fb0496008b0d32b006.jpg

Can someone explain the fascination of the Tudor BB 58 to me? Is it just the nostalgia & size of the watch? It's an aesthetically dope piece especially for everyday wear, but the watch beasts seem to be foaming at the mouth for it lol.

Size.

Anyone want to explain the hype of the ETA 79220N? I get that it was produced for a less amount of time and the movement is different, but the updated movement is worth having a newer one no?

Size.

Anyone want to explain the hype of the ETA 79220N? I get that it was produced for a less amount of time and the movement is different, but the updated movement is worth having a newer one no?

Never understood this either, some folks will never let go of their ETAs. Talking about the cost to repair down the road, etc.. like the in house just going to explode or something in four years.

Figured this would be the best place to ask, anyone have experience with Bulova brand pieces. I'm currently in the market for an inexpensive watch below 1200, I was focusing on Movado but I found a Bulova watch for an excellent price. Any opinions would be appreciated, especially for owners after the Citizen took over

Size.

its the sudden discontinuation of the movement that appeals to people, it all of a sudden become more "rare" or unique with an engraved rose supposedly

in the consumer world where we look for something to be limited or a "collectors" item, things like this appeals to people these days, it as unexpected and people are lured into that

its the sudden discontinuation of the movement that appeals to people, it all of a sudden become more "rare" or unique with an engraved rose supposedly

in the consumer world where we look for something to be limited or a "collectors" item, things like this appeals to people these days, it as unexpected and people are lured into that

People will do anything to make their pieces desirable for eventual resale value (see "tropical"/"spider" dials/bezels). :lol: The in-house Black Bay works well. Great accuracy. Just a little bit on the thick side. The bracelet -especially the endlinks- just don't look right to me.

As for ETA movements, Swatch group is clamping down on sale of parts to third party watchmakers, so good luck getting ETA parts in the future. But then again, Sellita parts can probably work -then you'd have a franken. :ohwell:

A buddy of mine got on the list for the BB58 over here... list already 20 deep apparently (small market). :lol::sick:

Last edited:
People will do anything to make their pieces desirable for eventual resale value (see "tropical"/"spider" dials/bezels). :lol: The in-house Black Bay works well. Great accuracy. Just a little bit on the thick side. The bracelet -especially the endlinks- just don't look right to me.

As for ETA movements, Swatch group is clamping down on sale of parts to third party watchmakers, so good luck getting ETA parts in the future. But then again, Sellita parts can probably work -then you'd have a franken. :ohwell:

A buddy of mine got on the list for the BB58 over here... list already 20 deep apparently (small market). :lol::sick:

That's the thing about the BB though, always seemed to bulky IMO. The 58 is a good size and I'm actually considering it.

Back
Top Bottom