The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

New addition!

Been sleeping on Tudor...probably the best bang for your buck out there

D578FA49-2F95-4E28-BABF-8FD867886AA0.jpeg

since i'm not gon' be getting the santos anytime soon, i figure i'd take these out and just change up with a new strap
monaco new strap.jpg

chart is old iirc, but yeah it's not accurate

most VCs lose value, if you watches are selling at ~20% off the bat then you can't be in that category

Omega and IWC are definitely on Rolex level and even Zenith, Rolex just seems like it's a higher tier because they hold their value much better

i'd put Cartier in Rolex level too especially now that they've highly discourage discounts on their watches too, playing the same marketing as Rolex so they might start holding their value moving forward

really too much to dissect in that chart and too many overlaps with the description of each category

These kinds of charts are always so controversial :lol:

AP and VC way up there... and over AL&S? :rofl: Both have awful resale though.

Richard Mille, Breitling, IWC, and Zenith can go up a notch; Bremont, Hublot, Heuer, and Glashutte Original can go down a notch.

Rolex too high on this list :lol: Kidding aside, lots of brand overlap these categories, can't really just throw them on there for good. Poor Omega. :lol:

not only that but some of those watchmakers has such a broad offering that one could belong with Zenith and Omega but then they'd have some crazy complications to compete with PP and VC

I had such a hard time selling my Overseas Chrono, I ended up parting with it for $10,900 (months after I paid 3k out of pocket for service and all new replacement parts).

Watch was over 20k msrp. I'm going to have to say that chart is a bit off. There's definitely AP's and Patek's out there that you can also get 20 off easily from an AD.

Question for the ballers: how well do gold Rolexes hold up to relatively frequent wear?

My two-tone GMT has definitely taken a beating, but I also wore it almost daily for 18 months.

With the GMT, however, I don't really care about any scratches since it's not a terribly expensive watch.

What I'm worried about is how a $30k DD40 or AP RO (leather strap) is going hold up, because no matter how you slice it, $30k is $30k.

I'm just not the kind of guy who "babies" my stuff--all my stuff gets used, and gets used a lot.

I think I've landed on the DD40 (still debating between YG and WG) and the issue of durability is the last hold-up before I proceed with a purchase.

499DED2A-121A-496A-B8A0-17BAD8DE6E4D.jpeg
Friday night visit to my AD and she hits me with the “guess what I got for you”
Had to scoop it up.
Officially done with Rolex. Just need my aquanaut and I’m good

If you done, what’s the ticket on your rolexes? :lol: NT family discount!

not only that but some of those watchmakers has such a broad offering that one could belong with Zenith and Omega but then they'd have some crazy complications to compete with PP and VC
IWC tourbillon’s comes to mind

Back
Top Bottom