The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

omega fans, was this a good deal? it was $3800 or maybe even $3900:
https://thekeystone.com/products/omega-yellow-gold-la-magique-ultra-thin-strap-watch
data_5b9fe2f3-e1cc-4ade-a852-3c8dc4ad9a1d_1024x1024.jpg

I was kind of interested but no gold bracelet made me think twice and it was sold before I could really decide.

Copped an Apple Watch. Still got my sub no date on the way but this thread had me curious.

Working in the tech industry, almost all of my coworkers have apple watches as well. So it’s been a lurking temptation that I’ve been telling myself I don’t need.

But we’ll see how it goes. I’m updating this thing right now and I don’t like the feeling of having to update my watch :lol:

Yeah I guess that’s true. Maybe I will just take the $7k the guy’s offering locally.
What’s the condition of the watch? Also year?

You might be asking yourself short because he’s def gonna flip it

Saving for a Rolex datejust. Got a new job last week, payraise got me thirsting to flex.

For rolex, and a leather band is it a waist? Because thats what I prefer.

Checked out the Tudor B.B. gmt on leather the other day. It’s a great looking watch for the money. Had to pass on it though unfortunately.

I agree, you’re selling yourself short. I know Tourmet sell rolexes without boxes and papers for full aftermarket value.

Yeah I realize I can probably get more, but most people selling for above $7k without box and papers are watch shops or websites. Just being a random dude with a watch seems borderline sketch. I’m also not active on any forums so making an account and posting immediately to sell a watch will also seem sketch imo. I wouldn’t buy one from someone like that. Could easily be stolen or something.

Gonna swing by my parents house next weekend and see if I can find the stuff in my old room or something. If I can’t, I’ll let all the NT fam fight over who wants to buy it I guess. Def would prefer a local cash sale though. Don’t have to worry about chargebacks or other bs that way.

Good condition. No scuffs or blemishes anywhere. Normal light wear on the bracelet. Could be polished out easily, but some people are super anti-polish on rolexes so I haven’t done it yet.

Yeah I realize I can probably get more, but most people selling for above $7k without box and papers are watch shops or websites. Just being a random dude with a watch seems borderline sketch. I’m also not active on any forums so making an account and posting immediately to sell a watch will also seem sketch imo. I wouldn’t buy one from someone like that. Could easily be stolen or something.

Gonna swing by my parents house next weekend and see if I can find the stuff in my old room or something. If I can’t, I’ll let all the NT fam fight over who wants to buy it I guess. Def would prefer a local cash sale though. Don’t have to worry about chargebacks or other bs that way.

Do a wire transfer or account deposit of cashier check into your account.

Add the overnight shipping and insurance in the cost.

If you need me to vouch for you on the Rolex forum I can.

Good condition. No scuffs or blemishes anywhere. Normal light wear on the bracelet. Could be polished out easily, but some people are super anti-polish on rolexes so I haven’t done it yet.
Last time I checked since I’ve been researching :lol: when you get it serviced Rolex polishes the watch for you and makes it look factory new unless obviously you got some deep dent or scratches that their normal polish can’t remove

Sounds like your watch is in good condition which I think most people who are into pre owned expect, not like we’re aelling shoes here :lol:

Try and find that paper work bro if not I still think you can find a legitmate cash buyer at 8k atleast IMO if it’s not beat up

Your best bet is to put on Craigslist. Say meet at Rolex AD to confirm authenticity. Shouldn’t take too long to move since the GMT Batman is a high demand timepiece. Don’t know yours’ exact condition but personally I wouldn’t sell for less than 8K

Also consider, getting the Rolex service by an AD to prove the authenticity. Atleast you’ll have some documentation.

And you can buy a Rolex box for $100 on eBay if it’s that series.

I was going to actually ask isn’t there a way to get official papers or proof of service from an AD?

If he’s got some type of documentation wouldn’t that be a green light?

If you dig vintage watch and do not mind 34mm, the Timex Marlin is back in stock now: https://www.timex.com/marlin-34mm-hand-wound-leather-strap-watch/Marlin-34mm-Leather-Watch.html

it is handwound with a chinese movement and cheap strap but for the looks and actual handwound movement, it's not too bad

retail is $200 but sign up through their email to get 15% discount code and the cashback at ebates is at 13.5% which brings it to ~$147 (ships free and no tax ordering from CA)

ordered one to check it out since 36mm OP works for me

(pics below are not mine)
B89A7124_copy.jpg

B89A7150_copy.jpg

Timex-Marlin-New-Lizard-Leather.jpg

also a dead ringer to the GO senator sixties
db42437e-3ac1-11e6-979f-08d74eb7b24a.jpg

^ ^ ^
Todd Snyder released the same watch in black too, on Todd Snyders website, you can also sign up for the newsletter and immediately get 15% off and cashbacks 4%
marlin_blackout.jpg

todd-snyder-timex-marlin-blackout.jpg

If you’re buying a 2nd hand Rolex, absolutely make sure to meet at a watchmaker that specializes in Rolex so they can open up the case and confirm the movement is legit.

Alright guys,

1) do you like to wear your watch a little on the loose side or a little snug?

2) where do you like to wear your watch, below,above or on the bone?

go

About a pinky width's room. So just a tad loose. And just on the wrist bone. Thankfully, mine's not as prominent, so sometimes I wear it in front even.

Back
Top Bottom