The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Probably done for the year...

...still in their coffins!

2i9maki.jpg

21et0ex.jpg

Well done RFX45! That's possibly my next purchase the white dialed Daytona. Do you have a family portrait of all the Rolexes you have?

RFX45 how about the platona Daytona or the white gold Sub or a Pepsi white gold GMTII? Now that you have completed the SS collection, how about a precious metals collection? Lol! Watches are an addicting and expensive hobby.

I am not a big fan of the cyclops so most Rolexes with a date isn't my priority. I really like the Batman and Pepsi but it's just not a frontrunner in my wishlist.

As for the Platona Daytona, I was just discussing that in another forum. I love the ice blue dial but the brown creamic bezel is "eh" to me, I prefer it to be black. Real nice and hefty watch but not a big fan of the color combo. Just waiting for Rolex to make a ceramic bezelled stainless steel Daytona, that seems inevitable.

I love the color combo of Blue+Brown so the Platona Daytona is quite lovely to me.

I need to move up at least a tax bracket or 2 to get my hands on all the pieces I want right now.

My wife is low key asking me what I want my next piece to be because I think she's trying to buy it for me.

But we have a kid so all of a sudden I feel guilty having either one of us dropping major coin on watches.

What would be your next pick-up if you had the choice? Platona?

If I were to cop another Daytona, it'll probably be a white gold panda or rose gold with black dial. The rose gold with ivory dial and black ceramic bezel would be awesome if it came in a bracelet, last I checked I think it only came in a leather strap.

What would be your next pick-up if you had the choice? Platona?

If I were to cop another Daytona, it'll probably be a white gold panda or rose gold with black dial. The rose gold with ivory dial and black ceramic bezel would be awesome if it came in a bracelet, last I checked I think it only came in a leather strap.

As much as I love the Platona, I tend to go a bit simpler when it comes to my watch choices. The colors etc.

Until I can have 10+ to circulate.

Having trouble uploading. Been eyeing this for way too long. Might be time.

http://www.authenticwatches.com/iwc-portuguese-chrono-automatic-iw371446.html#.VBcpZRZChuU

DO IT! :lol:

If the 5001 isn't too large for you though, I'd save up and upgrade to that.

I've been looking at both.

But my little man admittedly has me far more cautious with my money these days.

You're not helping! :lol:

So that Platinum Daytona would have to wait a LOOOOOOONG while.

But besides that IWC, a nice stainless Daytona would likely be next on my list.

Or a GMT with some color. I still window shop the 2 tone Root Beer GMT as well.

RFX you sir are a beast!!!!!!!! Dope as usual

Untitled by Kush_Dry_Goods, on Flickr

I've been looking at some stainless subs but I'm not sure if I want two of the same watch or if I should be trying to get something different. I was looking at the Breitling Super Ocean. I love the way it looks stainless or with a rubber strap.

RFX you sir are a beast!!!!!!!! Dope as usual

Untitled by Kush_Dry_Goods, on Flickr

I've been looking at some stainless subs but I'm not sure if I want two of the same watch or if I should be trying to get something different. I was looking at the Breitling Super Ocean. I love the way it looks stainless or with a rubber strap.

Looks so good. you need to post more pics of those. I bet it looks 100x better in the sunlight too.

Super Oceans are very nice but get it in the rubber strap if you could (or get them in bracelet in case you change your mind later and then change to a strap), the bracelet that comes with it looks awkward and weird, doesn't look OEM because of the gap in the lugs. I like it when the bracelet is integrated to the case and lug, looks like they belong together, it should be like that.

Question:

You think it's possible to find a new incredible hulk submariner (no date) for $7500?

Also, is the potential resell value of a watch with the date/cyclops worth the extra $?

Nice pics so far, fellas :smokin

Been looking for something vintage in very good condition and I think I finally found it. Have to wait until the weekend to travel out there. I hope it's the one.

Nothing crazy, just always wanted one.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Question:

You think it's possible to find a new incredible hulk submariner (no date) for $7500?

Also, is the potential resell value of a watch with the date/cyclops worth the extra $?

That will be close to 20% off before tax, it'll be close to impossible at ADs as it seems to be still popular.

With that said, you're best bet is to probably contact some sellers like DavidSW, he sells new ones too that could come with a warranty and likely your best bet at getting it at the cheapest price.

As for resell, I don't think you have to base it on the cyclops but just the overall model. Percentage of resell will be determined/based from retail price in one way or the other anyways. I personally wouldn't let it affect the acquisition of a watch I want.

Do they even make the "Hulk" Submariner with no date?

I've never seen one and just googled and....still haven't seen one.

They don't but I am assuming he is just wondering a Sub vs Sub Date or a like an Explorer vs DateJust.

RFX and others:

What do you guys think of the Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-axial coming out?? IMO this looks better than the 'Mariner....again IMO.

Omega-Seamaster-300-Master-Co-Axial-watch-15.jpg

I might be biased since I own a Sub but I prefer my Sub.

The minute markers on the face are OD to me. Face of the watch is too cluttered IMO.

An conversely, I like the minute markers on the bezel of my Sub. They're a nice touch to me.

They probably even serve some function for actual divers :lol:

Back
Top Bottom