The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

:x

RFX - Dope Daytona... as said above, it definitely looks so much better on the wrist

Last edited:
bvbti.jpg

I have no problem with designer watches at all, they serve a purpose and I do like some of their styles which at times you just cannot get from an actual watchmaker.

Some prioritize the look/style some prioritize the movements and some prioritize the resale value, you just got to get what you like.

And for women who really aren't even into watches, Michael Kors or any designer watches are fine, just do not pay retail as most of those go on very deep discounts. If a woman do not care about watches, I'd actually not even bother trying to convince or giving them a nice, expensive watch. I've seen it too much that they would not bother to wind a manual or automatic watch and end up not wearing them at all.

My girl wants a michael kors watch

Is that basic or
No, but its a fashion watch. You will never pay what its really worth. I will say this though. I've taught my wife about fast fashion and fashion/costume jewelry and she appreciates it. It does have a place though.

I tried on the new Deepsea this weekend. That thing is huge on my small wrist. The jeweler also had a "Hulk" submariner and blue/black GMT II. They are still waiting for their delivery on the new Milgauss. I need to see that in person. My wife is going to kill me if I buy another watch this year.

So why are Daytona's more expensive compared to the sub and gmt? Is it because of the chronograph complication + the history of that watch?

Pretty much, the movement has a vertical clutch while most other chronos has a lateral one. It's still in-house and has a 72 hour power reserve. The newest movement also decreased it's components which means less things could go wrong, iirc they decreased the components by 60% and that is a huge number.

I mean a true watch expert could dissect it and argue why another watch like Zenith or JLC or Grand Seiko is worth more or better bang for the buck but at the end of the day it is because Rolex could charge what they want and there is still nothing that holds resale better than Rolex.

Plus it's not like Rolex are of inferior product either, it could go toe to toe with any watches when it comes to durability and accuracy.

It's some nice watches in here
I don't wear em anymore I use to rock the G-shocks in HS
I wanna get the Nixon chrono 42-40 rose gold I love it
I'm tryna step my watch game up anyone know any good brands that's not too expensive prefrently no more than $500

2gwro06.jpg

21o0ahd.jpg

28r2ogo.jpg

Each time I see a black 116520 it makes me want to change my white for one. Stunning pics. Nice to see another Daytona owner on NT. Are you on the Rolex forums as well RFX?

http://s978.photobucket.com/user/aleexxxxx/media/118A7DC7-8B3A-4D01-8C4B-660CBB710908.jpg.html

I can think of solution to that problem... :D
r9js0m.jpg

kbr9g2.jpg

Son......

I'm in Vegas right now.

Almost did a cash deal for a Daytona. I want the white face though.

My wife talked me off the ledge. Partially because she seems hell bent on buying me my next piece.

Or because she knew I was drunk.

:rofl:

Nice wife you got there, it's usually the other way around.

But as the sales associate says... "buy now before the price increase happens in *insert an upcoming date here*".

Last edited:
Are they made in the same factory but not authroized type  just like jordans fiasco 

Back
Top Bottom