The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

but bought me a $35 timex watch at target.
shopping

Frederique Constant is far from a fashion watch even though I do prefer if it their offerings has more smaller cases. The design is classic and elegant and they make watches with Swiss in-house movement for under $3k. Even if you go with their quartz watches, you still get very good value for the price.

The slimline moonphase that retails for $3700 (can be had for a good discount online) is just a beauty and it has an open caseback with a very well decorated in-house movement. Very hard to complain about that! Seriously, the white version is close to 50% off at Joma right now.
I just wish it was more like 38mm and then it'll be instacop!

Wait, hold up, is this site legit?

The prices I see look great, I just want to know I'm not looking at some fake watches though.

Feels almost too good to be true.

JomaShop is definitely a legitimate grey market store.

Figured it would be a grey market store.

From the reading I've done, I've been hesitant to pull the trigger on grey market items for fear of ending up on FakeWatchBusta.

Anyone on here done business with them?

Last edited:
I've bought from them and plenty of people from WatchUSeek.com has purchased from them because when they do their deep discounts.

They are legit and if you have a problem, returns isn't too difficult.

I haven't read a report where they sold someone a fake watch.

I've bought from them and plenty of people from WatchUSeek.com has purchased from them because when they do their deep discounts.

They are legit and if you have a problem, returns isn't too difficult.

I haven't read a report where they sold someone a fake watch.

Fair play. I assume you didn't get any warranty or paperwork?

Came in a legit box and all right?

That Fredrique Constant you posted really has be interested to pull the trigger.

I only got a Tag and iirc it did come with the card just not stamped so I can't go to Tag for warranty.

Joma has their own warranty though and if a problem occurred I would have had to go through them.

Others who have bought Rolex and Omega from them didn't come with cards/warranty but all boxes and instructions were included.

I only got a Tag and iirc it did come with the card just not stamped so I can't go to Tag for warranty.

Joma has their own warranty though and if a problem occurred I would have had to go through them.

Others who have bought Rolex and Omega from them didn't come with cards/warranty but all boxes and instructions were included.

Thanks for the answers man, I appreciate it.

I guess I have a little thinking to do.

Sleep on it and check it out in person if you can. I was pleasantly surprised at how many stores carry Frederique Constant,, in my are at least. Most have them and even discovered that Bloomingdales carried them.

The watch wears big for a dress watch, it's already 42mm and the small bezel just makes it look even bigger. Plus the blue dial version is a sight to behold.

Best of luck and keep us updated on your decision!

Sleep on it and check it out in person if you can. I was pleasantly surprised at how many stores carry Frederique Constant,, in my are at least. Most have them and even discovered that Bloomingdales carried them.

The watch wears big for a dress watch, it's already 42mm and the small bezel just makes it look even bigger. Plus the blue dial version is a sight to behold.

Best of luck and keep us updated on your decision!

Yeah that's the thing. I'm not in the States, and would have someone close to me proxy it for me, which is part of my concern of actually checking it out in person first.

I'm starting to get cold feet cause I keep thinking with my luck, a week after I get it in my hands, some problem will come up and I'll wish I had that warranty. :smh:

Thinking to myself I should just wait until next year throw some extra cash on and get something else from an AD.

Last edited:
^^^

If you're talking about a grey market/Joma purchase, there IS still protection as far as I know.

So if some problem comes up, you won't be left high and dry. Either Joma will fix it or they will activate the warranty on their end and get it fixed through the manufacturer.

That's always been my understanding. Never had a problem with any watches I've purchased grey market in the time period where the warranty would cover it.

^^^

If you're talking about a grey market/Joma purchase, there IS still protection as far as I know.

So if some problem comes up, you won't be left high and dry. Either Joma will fix it or they will activate the warranty on their end and get it fixed through the manufacturer.

That's always been my understanding. Never had a problem with any watches I've purchased grey market in the time period where the warranty would cover it.

Thanks for a bit more insight.

I've got a few more days before I really am forced to make a decision. I'll see what happens over the next few days...

yeah Joma provides their own warranty so if anything happens then they'll try and fix it and if they can't then they'll try and work with the manufacturer.

Check around though, I would guess the brand would be easy to find in your location as well. I forget are you in Canada?

yeah Joma provides their own warranty so if anything happens then they'll try and fix it and if they can't then they'll try and work with the manufacturer.

Check around though, I would guess the brand would be easy to find in your location as well. I forget are you in Canada?

S. Africa.

:lol: if I was in Canada these things would much A LOT easier.

Ah ok. Looks like they got a few stores/ADs in a few cities in S. Africa so check it out: http://frederique-constant.com/store/

Yup, I was shopping at one with my boy a few months ago, and the AD wanted to give him a serious price of about 2300 after negotiating down for I think this model: http://www.jomashop.com/frederique-constant-watch-303mc3p6b.html (tax is ridiculously high here- 100% on imported goods :smh: ) and there's where I become a lot more interested in picking up a FC.

Back
Top Bottom