The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

i like the blue one, but 43mm might be a smidge too big for me. i prefer the 39-42mm range. there isnt a swatch near me so, i wont have a chance to try it on anyway :lol:

its all about balance, about symmetry

after getting two tudors, round divers, gada sport watches…

i needed to even it out…

31E1CAAD-C599-4069-B078-278DF5D9A9B9.jpeg

These are a lot better than the moonswatches imo.

The execution is a lot truer to the original design. I think the monnswatch layout of the chrono dials was off to me (similar to the speedmaster reduced).

I'm tempted to pick up the white/grey.

NM has 25% off Wolf (Rapport but this brand is WAY more expensive) to those who might be interested

still cost a good amount but in terms of just the cushion and hot it holds watches, it is topnotch in comparison to the cheaper aliexpress/etsy versions

i might add another one, maybe the 15 piece so its less clutter (for me at least)

I went to the grand opening of AP House in LA.

Really great location. Anyone in the LA area should stop by, a close friend of mine works there and she told me they are seeking new clientele to immediately begin relationships with. Although you are most likely going to be buying PM Royal Oaks for your first purchase. (60k+)

I know there’s some non-believers out there in the advice I give and feel free to stay your *** home, but recommend giving them a shot.

ok because i hate that guy and id never do business with him ever

but damn, switching to a new AP place means its gon be my 4th SA and ive never even bought a single piece from the brand

its nuts

ok because i hate that guy and id never do business with him ever

but damn, switching to a new AP place means its gon be my 4th SA and ive never even bought a single piece from the brand

its nuts

Are you referring to Wael? I’m pretty sure he’s with RM now and I believe the manager of Rodeo is female.

That being said I’d say that’s a great opener, 4th try to get a watch, really want something but it’s been really difficult but wanted to try again etc.

People’s Rolodex there are still empty. Seems like a good opportunity.

Edit: all new staff, diff manager. Just got a text back.

one more, last one for a while (i swear)

i was already interested in the first 40mm Christopher Ward released but was iffy of the size so when they announced the 36mm version it definitely piqued my interest and in the glacier blue dial, i was sold

this one is a more expensive prx but its definitely worth it

the finish and quality is a notch above, the steel used feels more solid and hefty and its a no date so its a huge plus

this pic has no filter, it just looks gorgeous
A4322191-48E9-4079-8683-7C168C795678.jpeg

it also looks bigger than the 35mm prx but for the better (at least for my wrist)

IMG_2212.jpeg

not really trying to justify the purchase further but it fulfill the need/want of an integrated bracelet in th elight blue dial like the obvious AP and

the $8k zenith
1694279269057.jpeg

$25k czapek
1694279331897.jpeg

I love the indices on the CW Twelve. Have been very tempted by the 36mm as well, and after seeing those pics I think I’d go blue dial as well. Nice watch + nice pics.

How do you feel about the movement? I’ve come to admire a lot of CW’s stuff, but always get hung up on the movement. For instance - I’ve been close to grabbing the Sealander in the 36 case but heard mixed reviews on the movement.

Is the finishing at a level that would make me happy in the interim over say, waiting a year-ish to get a Grand Seiko (… or even possibly the call for an OP36)?

NM has 25% off Wolf (Rapport but this brand is WAY more expensive) to those who might be interested

still cost a good amount but in terms of just the cushion and hot it holds watches, it is topnotch in comparison to the cheaper aliexpress/etsy versions

i might add another one, maybe the 15 piece so its less clutter (for me at least)

thanks man.. I picked this up

Is the finishing at a level that would make me happy in the interim over say, waiting a year-ish to get a Grand Seiko (… or even possibly the call for an OP36)?

its not on a zaratsu level of gs but i do think you’ll be happy with it especially for the price

and the sellita sw200-1 is a very solid and reliable movement, the powermatic might have the edge being from a mass produced company vs an independent brand who has to source it but at least with the sellita, a watchmaker can fix it

CW also has a 60 day return policy which is pretty generous and 60month warranty on the movement

there is a lot to love on the watch, i wouldnt say it makes the prx cheap but having both in hand you can tell the CW is bette

A logical guess would be a Tudor Prince Chrono or a update black bay chrono as it would seem a lot of work for them to create a whole new chronograph movement for a one off piece. If they could flip the movement so it's has a 3,6, 9 subdial layout they would really be on to a winner as a budget daytona alternative.

Update - Seems like it could be a Tudor Submariner.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20230914_170507_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nice watch. Glad that in the promotional material they mention that this is the ultimate modern 'milsub' so maybe the calls for a modern tudor sub will finally die down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom