The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

ive been checked out on brietling for a sec

and saw the endurance pro and was like that be a nice causal something outside of what I have

ain’t no way in hell would id pay that price for that

How the hell you gonna put a tracking device INSIDE a watch? :smh:

echau echau congrats on the MK2. Big fan of that bezel.

so it wasnt inside the watch but the packaging of a rolex

that door/gate lock was terrible, not blaming the victim but it should be like in the Uncut Gems where you cant open both doors at the same time

also why most keep their rolex inventory in the safe and would never show it to anyone even with an id and most rolex displays are just displays with no movements

but yeah, California is crazy right now

Yea those "security doors" were terrible.

Still hate to see that happen. These low lives will eventually get caught.

as the news report says, CA needs to give out harsher punishments

these arent petty thefts

up until now, my wife hasnt really cared for watches. she's had an apple watch for years, but has mentioned wanting an actual watch a couple of times recently. what do you suggest as a first watch for women? i dont want to jump out there and get her a lady DJ, in case she decides wearing a watch isnt really for her.

Cant go wrong with a brand new Cartier. Can get an older DJ 36mm for same price range on Moda too if you frequent it.

Cant go wrong with a brand new Cartier. Can get an older DJ 36mm for same price range on Moda too if you frequent it.

i was thinking of maybe a tank. it would likely be a quartz movement, bc she's not going to set the time or keep it wound. could be wrong, but she'll forget lol. i'm going to hold off on a rolex until she shows more interest.

Not an AP fan, but I think the 16204BA is my next "milestone" watch:

20230905_APPreviews_074.JPG

up until now, my wife hasnt really cared for watches. she's had an apple watch for years, but has mentioned wanting an actual watch a couple of times recently. what do you suggest as a first watch for women? i dont want to jump out there and get her a lady DJ, in case she decides wearing a watch isnt really for her.
easy, take her to a watch store.

Not an AP fan, but I think the 16204BA is my next "milestone" watch:

20230905_APPreviews_074.JPG

Lol I love openwork AP's. The hilarity of barely being able to see what time it is due to all the moving parts is what I love most. It's just an F U watch.

What’s the budget? Tank solarbeat or a santos would be by suggestions

you cant go wrong with cartier but also look into your wifes style

like if she has chanel bags, get one of the J12s (they have quartz still i believe) or one of the Premieres, its not gon hold value like a Rolex DJ or Cartier Tank/Santos but there is a good chance she’ll like it more and you can probably get a good discount on Chanel too

she got LV bags? LV got the Tambour in smaller sizes and in quartz too and those look so much better in the metal, try and check it out, i have a weird and varied taste in watches (i just remebered i have a j12 somewhere :lol: ) and id honestly wear the dual moon, they make a 35mm and 39mm versions and even one with diamonds
1695192065253.png

Get her a tank. It is timeless and different than a Lady DJ if she decides she might eventually want one.

Back
Top Bottom