The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Why wait.

I see people who work retail (Costco) wear a Day Date II and some other guy at Costco running carts wearing a Panerai.

Well, in part I want it in white gold or platinum, so I can't really afford $20k+ right now :lol:

Appearances relative to perception matter in my profession (unfortunately) so in front of clients or others may not be the best for me....yet

deposit is down for BLNR from an AD and picking it up later this week. The sales rep wouldn't budge on the price but managed to get tax waived. ecstatic af right now. first rolex piece...no...first luxury watch ever. anything i should expect? 
Congratulations! You need a good relationship or a lot of luck to get any discount on the BLNR. Getting tax waived is pretty good.

You should expect the overwhelming desire to start shopping for a second piece.

Make sure you put it on your insurance for valuable property, most regular homeowner/renters insurance won't cover valuables like a Rolex, it requires a special rider.

deposit is down for BLNR from an AD and picking it up later this week. The sales rep wouldn't budge on the price but managed to get tax waived. ecstatic af right now. first rolex piece...no...first luxury watch ever. anything i should expect? 

Congrats bra been struggling to decide what i want exactly i need to take another trip to the ad

Do it! Hard to find but that dial is beautiful. I like the Deepsea's look but a little too chunky for me.
I think I am going to, its just hard giving up 2 of them to get one. I tried on the black face when I bought my Sub and while it is massive I love it. Plus people in here know how big my wrists are
laugh.gif

It's not fishy, it is normal for grey market to get their stock from out of the country. But it's really all about reputation, make sure the store is trustworthy.

Authorized dealer = warranty through Rolex = anything breaks, you send them to Rolex and they fix it

Grey market = sellers warranty = anything happens then you send them to the store and they either fix it or send it to an independent watchmaker

Then there is also Grey Market like DavidSW that isn't authorized but he has connects that he gets the warranty card stamped and the warranty becomes legit. It's not always offered with all his watches but I think that is the case in most brand new watches he sells.

But yeah for a $400 difference just go AD, hell I'll haggle the hell out of that $400 from the AD and they might just comply. Plus I know most do not care much for it but I do like seeing my name on the warranty card :lol:

Both of my pieces from dsw have my name on the card but if it were only a 400 dollar difference I would have went with my AD for sure

Nice! You end up trading the others?
Yep, kinda realized that while I love watches, I don't need multiple ones at the moment. I'll be getting another Coke top in the future though, hopefully Rolex brings them back someday. 

This thing is HEAVY though, but I loveeeeee it, it fits my wrist well. 

i saw this watch at tj maxx, I wanted to buy it, but wasn't sure how the warranty situation would work. I watched from places like this get a warranty or just the store return policy? The girl at the counter was unsure.

View media item 1989116

i saw this watch at tj maxx, I wanted to buy it, but wasn't sure how the warranty situation would work. I watched from places like this get a warranty or just the store return policy? The girl at the counter was unsure.

I'd be surprised if that watch had a warranty but if it did it would be through the manufacturer not the store you bought it from.

I would look into buying a Tissot or something similar which will be a much better value. Victorinox would be a good starting place too.

These would be way better options that are similar in style:

http://www.jomashop.com/victorinox-watch-241674-1.html

http://www.jomashop.com/tissot-mens-watch-t0394171605702.html

Theres a lot more out there for sub $300 as well and those will have have a warranty. 

Last edited:
Really haven't been into watches since I bought my Tag Monaco and really don't get to wear my watches due to work. So I am seriously considering downsizing my collection of affordable watches to start a Speedy Pro fund.

Keepers would include: Tag Monaco, Hamilton Pan Europ, Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic, Hamilton Khaki Pioneer Mechanical, Hamilton Khaki King II, Hamilton Ventura LE, Tissot PRC200, Tissot Visodate, Seiko SARB017/Alpinist, Seiko SARB065/Cocktail Time, Poljot Strela 3133, Citizen Calibre 2100/Ron Swanson, Seiko SNK805, Timex Expedition Chrono

Thoughts?

Really haven't been into watches since I bought my Tag Monaco and really don't get to wear my watches due to work. So I am seriously considering downsizing my collection of affordable watches to start a Speedy Pro fund.

Keepers would include: Tag Monaco, Hamilton Pan Europ, Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic, Hamilton Khaki Pioneer Mechanical, Hamilton Khaki King II, Hamilton Ventura LE, Tissot PRC200, Tissot Visodate, Seiko SARB017/Alpinist, Seiko SARB065/Cocktail Time, Poljot Strela 3133, Citizen Calibre 2100/Ron Swanson, Seiko SNK805, Timex Expedition Chrono

Thoughts?
Sell them all and buy one piece.

Semi srs.

I'd rather have one really nice watch (Rolex/Omega etc...) than a lot of just ok pieces. 

Back
Top Bottom