The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

#whitedialwednesday
(they make everything a hashtag)
22BA8977-F653-4C15-944A-BF86E0A5981A.jpeg

its the seiko SSC813 and yes it came with a bracelet but it sucked (typical of seikos) so i put it on a black kevlar strap

they actually just introduced a new limited edition version with a light blue dial and black center links for the bracelet

friday is casual
casual is friday

B01FEB4E-11CC-4549-9C01-F43F026D3B48.jpeg
beautiful . works well with a casual strap too.
I put mine on a true black (the one that comes from GS is several shades lighter for some reason) croc bespoke band from Camille Fournet. Makes it look like Calatrava level.
And as great as this photo makes the watch look, the polishing in person is a whole another level

is it a collab? as in rolex is involved?

or is supreme buying rolex pieces then modding them (putting their logo on the dial)?

just doesnt seem like a rolex thing to do

My bet is they’ll be modding them…Considering Rolex took a low view of Bamford altering their watches, to the tune of refusing to service the custom pieces they were making, I doubt they’d do an official collab with Supreme…But who knows honestly…Maybe Rolex just decided to embrace the hypebeast market…

id have to see it to believe it

if they said tudor the. i would have believed it

but we’ll see, the price is gon tell us everything, an official collab and price i gon be pretty close to retail but a $10k upcharge means its all supreme

How much of y’all’s salary should you spend on a watch? I’m looking to buy one nice piece and then chill on that. I’m not a huge watch guy and don’t care about internals. But want a nice piece. Then will buy an everyday chill piece later on if I’m tired of my Apple Watch.

I’m not looking at it from an investment standpoint either. I don’t care if the price goes up or down. I’m just gonna assume it’ll go down in price. if it’s a model that appreciates, I’ll probably have beaten it up too much for me to make profit. Lol.

Last edited:
Y’all see Daniel Craig’s screen used NTTD SMP is hitting the auction block?

E536ED48-7F4B-4257-97D1-34A87612732F.jpeg
DF1452C4-3D20-41F2-8585-6AFDE7E22161.jpeg
9FD398DA-2315-433F-9B0E-C5DC74871CC9.jpeg
A3B0ABFB-DA25-4884-ACB4-9C3AD2933F16.jpeg
6E59AC24-3A75-4FB9-BD04-FBB0E94C4FDE.jpeg
D14DE024-2E97-4CA2-9F0A-940F4A2F45FA.jpeg
DC6A23BB-D0DB-4F45-9E6A-27EA75CB1077.jpeg
BD7C4D7F-C5E4-493D-95E7-0651286C54D7.jpeg
EC5021C5-CC3A-4922-8E2E-DFEA37519832.jpeg

I might be crazy, but this thing looks so damn good with wear on it…But I happen to like when watches have a nice patina to them…

Nah I’m finding that I like watches that have some wear on em. They’ve been around telling time for a while and it’s cool to see em still kickin.

How much of y’all’s salary should you spend on a watch? I’m looking to buy one nice piece and then chill on that.

I'm sure the feedback on this varies massively. Many will say south of 5% which makes complete sense. Others would have no problem dropping >10% because they know they can EASILY get out of the piece for a profit if needed. Once you realize there's profit to be had if you need to get out, it's easy to throw logic out the window and just go splurge.

I'm sure the feedback on this varies massively. Many will say south of 5% which makes complete sense. Others would have no problem dropping >10% because they know they can EASILY get out of the piece for a profit if needed. Once you realize there's profit to be had if you need to get out, it's easy to throw logic out the window and just go splurge.
Word man. Appreciate that feedback. I don’t trust myself to keep a watch in good condition lol.

<5% feels like a good baseline.

Last edited:
its hard to give a certain percentage budget that can work for everyone

take the 5% for example, 5% to someone making $150k annually is different from someone who makes $50k and the same goes who uses 75% of their salary on mortgage/utility/insurance, etc… compared to someone who only spends 25% on those instead

i think its better to hone in on something you like and start from there, if the price is too high then look for cheaper alternatives and see if that works for you

an example is the new tudor black bay pro, its a $4k watch and if thats too much especially if you arent even sure you’ll like wearing a watch then try the san martin version from aliexpress at $350 and then if its something you really want to pursue and upgrade to tudor then aim for that

at least i think that makes it easier

its hard to give a certain percentage budget that can work for everyone

take the 5% for example, 5% to someone making $150k annually is different from someone who makes $50k and the same goes who uses 75% of their salary on mortgage/utility/insurance, etc… compared to someone who only spends 25% on those instead

i think its better to hone in on something you like and start from there, if the price is too high then look for cheaper alternatives and see if that works for you

an example is the new tudor black bay pro, its a $4k watch and if thats too much especially if you arent even sure you’ll like wearing a watch then try the san martin version from aliexpress at $350 and then if its something you really want to pursue and upgrade to tudor then aim for that

at least i think that makes it easier
Yessir makes sense

Back
Top Bottom