The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Got a new job at a Danish start-up, went to Denmark in a suit, tie & Gucci shoes. The first thing they said, "you're way overdressed for Danish standards" lol. Bought this today.
PXL_20220916_213111621~2.jpg

at any pricepoint?

GP laureato?

VC Overseas is probably easier to get than an AP but still not a walk on

i like the chopard alpine eagle, i was so close to getting one, might still before the end of the year if i dont get the damn exp36 or pelagos39

hublot classic fusions are cool in my book but its the watch everyone loves to hate

on the more affordable side, the prx is good and if you dont mind some modding, casioak
Thanks my guy.

Looking for something more affordable.It will be my first timepiece so gonna take it slow.

Anything under £500?

check out the prx

though its closer to an oysterquartz than a royal oak but its got that integrated bracelet look

victorinox inox for that more rugged look

not very helpful but a Bulova Royal Oak should be around $500 (it's not it's usually much higher), the automatic version uses ETA. most of em I've peeped for sale & picked up are kinda beat up at this point, I picked up a quartz version + an automatic that needs repair in like the past 4 years.

Thanks my guy.

Looking for something more affordable.It will be my first timepiece so gonna take it slow.

Anything under £500?
Ill show the wrist roll again because it tends to help people over the line on the PRX 80….

Last edited:
A couple?? Are they easier to get now? I’m interested but don’t really have the time & energy to chase one down right now.
I don’t think they are super easy to get yet. I was in San Fran and my hotel was right down the street from the store. I topped in one morning and they had Earth. Dude there was cool, he said to check back cause stuff comes in periodically. I did and was able to get Mars and Saturn

I don’t think they are super easy to get yet. I was in San Fran and my hotel was right down the street from the store. I topped in one morning and they had Earth. Dude there was cool, he said to check back cause stuff comes in periodically. I did and was able to get Mars and Saturn
Theyre as easy to get as walking into the store when they happen to have stock in.

Timings the issue.

If you arent too far from a store and dont go out of your way, and just pop in when passing, youll get one, at some stage.

I couldve had a few, but held out for the one i wanted .

Had i bought all the ones available when they had stock all the times ive been in id almost have the set.

ugh

where are the specs of the watch?

they got you curious with the design but how about provide the case size, thickness, etc...?

Terracotta Aqua Terra purchased. Now a coupla month wait for delivery….

Also popped into Rolex to announce my displeasure at waiting. Told them id made this purchase in the interim as i was bored and they actually said theyd bump me up. Interesting.

92674BCC-3AE2-457D-82BC-5BF6C50704E9.jpeg

Huge fan of silver bezels.

I deleted my earlier post about chrono24 because I thought new is the only way to go but comparing it to new I still feel like I’m overpaying lol. So if anyone has experience on buying from chrono24 please chime in

Looking at the aquaracer chrono but used prices are like half the new ones. And for the same price of a new I can scoop up a Monaco or Carrera skeleton. Feels weird paying full price on a depreciating asset, let alone one that needs maintenance.

Last edited:
I had a very lucky 48 hours.

I was visiting SF for work and decided to stop by the Rolex store on Market St. on Wednesday. The rep there was awesome and I told him that I’ve been looking for a Datejust and he took note of my top options. Three hours before I had to fly home he called to tell me they received a shipment with my top choice.

CC618F8E-6F3C-43C7-A275-50A010E32A3C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom