The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

As much as I love Henry, his physical abilities (pace, aggression, & his direct play) have greatly diminished at age 36. He still has creative ability but I think he would look woefully old playing the Prem now. In terms of his play, I've noticed Henry started looking "old" on the pitch during the last 2 seasons with the Red Bulls particularly the tail end of this year.

Edit - I'm afraid he'd look like Michael Jordan playing for the Wizards... :rolleyes :smh:

Last edited:
As much as I love Henry, his physical abilities (pace, aggression, & his direct play) have greatly diminished at age 36. He still has creative ability but I think he would look woefully old playing the Prem now. In terms of his play, I've noticed Henry started looking "old" on the pitch during the last 2 seasons with the Red Bulls particularly the tail end of this year.

Edit - I'm afraid he'd look like Michael Jordan playing for the Wizards... :rolleyes :smh:

Damn, PSK, you just hurt my feelings fam! As a Gooner AND a Wizards fan... :smh: :\

I don't get why the England NT for the most part under performs?  If the trend keeps up, they're going to get run out of Brasil with the quickness.  Especially if they get matched up with either Brasil, Argentina or Colombia in their group. 

Cr7 scored 42 goals in 2007-08 season for united. Where he played on the wing. Having this many goals really doesn't surprise me all that much... Still very impressive :pimp:
Yea, that was a great year but his final year in Manchester he didn't break 20 goals in the EPL. I was skeptical before he went to Madrid because his goal scoring wasn't always consistent.

So maybe many of you weren't surprised, but I was. If you asked me in the summer of 2009 will Ronaldo have a great career at Real? I'd say yes absolutely. But if you asked me if would he average a goal a game or more and break all these records? I would have said no.

But he's gotten better every single year, a lot of that I think was fueled by his competitiveness but also by the Messi comparisons.

I think the england squad "underperforms" because they are overrated. People watch the EPL due to exposure and assume the england NT should do well because they have all these giant clubs and great players. What the average folk fail to realize is that the EPL's best players are foreign imports. EPL coverage usually glorifies the native england players thus resulting in people believing they can hang with other national teams.

But if you look at the league leaders in assist, goals, and clean sheets in the past few seasons, they are dominated by foreign players.

Theres also that whole we invented football so we should be great at it complex, as well as the tendency for english players to become drunk with fame and succumbing to the lifestyle instead of training every waking moment obsessing to become the best in the world

I think there is also a lower ceiling of ambition for english players, they probably have the mindset of "i want to be the best player in the epl" where as the super elite have the i want to be the best player in the world" mindset.

Just my opinion

Last edited:
Mourinho is starting to piss me off. As a Portuguese person, I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in him. :smh:

The roller-coaster ride of emotions, reactions, and goals between Ronaldo and Ibra on Tuesday's game (just them). Still can't believe how amazing that game was. (Ibra was not clapping at Ronaldo, i don't know what idiots would honestly believe that)

Na bruh, because of what he said about the Portugal game and Cristiano. Basically brushing off the game and his performance. He said he didn't watch the game, he was busy watching his Chelsea players play. I don't know if he's been in England too long but his blood runs Portuguese, maybe he forgot.

Na bruh, because of what he said about the Portugal game and Cristiano. Basically brushing off the game and his performance. He said he didn't watch the game, he was busy watching his Chelsea players play. I don't know if he's been in England too long but his blood runs Portuguese, maybe he forgot.

Such a stupid comment.

Dope vid up there btw...

I think the england squad "underperforms" because they are overrated. People watch the EPL due to exposure and assume the england NT should do well because they have all these giant clubs and great players. What the average folk fail to realize is that the EPL's best players are foreign imports. EPL coverage usually glorifies the native england players thus resulting in people believing they can hang with other national teams.

But if you look at the league leaders in assist, goals, and clean sheets in the past few seasons, they are dominated by foreign players.

Theres also that whole we invented football so we should be great at it complex, as well as the tendency for english players to become drunk with fame and succumbing to the lifestyle instead of training every waking moment obsessing to become the best in the world

I think there is also a lower ceiling of ambition for english players, they probably have the mindset of "i want to be the best player in the epl" where as the super elite have the i want to be the best player in the world" mindset.

Just my opinion

I have a similar opinion regarding the matter. It seems english players do not venture away from the EPL as much as I would like to see them. Tabloids always claim that the EPL is the toughest league in the world and even if it were true, almost every Premier League team is comprised of damn near 50% foreign players if not more. I've always wondered how english stars would fare if they played in the Bundesliga or Spanish Liga. I imagine they would adjust and adapt, but whose to say since no english players seem to ever want to venture too far away from home.

English players know how to play ONLY english football. Meanwhile, Spain or Germany or even France can throw together a group who have more expansive league resumes (ie. Torres, Cazorla, Ozil, Khedira, Pogba, Ribery, etc.). On the pitch it translates to a whole England squad that only knows how to play one style of play, while whoever they are facing likely has a number of different players who are multifaceted in their techniques, pace, pressure, etc. and can just run England off the field.

To give England credit though, they are the focus of the richest league in the world, so their failures are magnified more than others.

Last edited:
Suarez played last night, and he'll be playing for Liverpool on Saturday lol

As far as sleep goes, you know they sleep on the planes. It's not like they're on regular planes like you and I. At the end of the day, they're getting paid MILLIONS to do something most of us pay to do (if u happen to play in a league)
View media item 109537for the love of the game.
when I was a kid, I would want to play ALL the time no matter what. even when I came home from baseball practice. elite professional athletes just have that passionate fire in them that propels them to be the best, it's an intangible

BZqp2alCUAAJ2y8.jpg

Suits by Lavin
(Only size of the pic there is so far)
they all look like schoolboys in this pic. especially Wilshere and the Ox :lol:

Just my opinion
good post

the Premier League is made up of 353 foreign players, which is 69.9% of the entire league

Last edited:
Such a stupid comment.

Dope vid up there btw...

Best parts of the video is Moutinho pulling Nani's arm towards him to cover the wall but Nani refused (because he's an idiot) and Ibra powered it right down the spot. Also Ibra taunting Pepe before the corner and in the box then scoring a goal and jabbering to his face again lol.

Best parts of the video is Moutinho pulling Nani's arm towards him to cover the wall but Nani refused (because he's an idiot) and Ibra powered it right down the spot. Also Ibra taunting Pepe before the corner and in the box then scoring a goal and jabbering to his face again lol.

Yo, that was my first thought about Nani when I saw the video too :rofl:

I pointed out how Ibra taunted Pepe right after the goal on here, I think only 1 other person saw it when it was happening Live lol

Back
Top Bottom