The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by Demps

^
Barca are buying Jordi Alba.

I like Jordi Alba and dude is a great left back, but come on, another sub 5'8 player?  Barca falls to @#$% when defending set pieces; we desperately need someone with more height and overall size. Every time the other team gets a corner, I feel a goal coming
30t6p3b.gif

My dream would be for us to get Thiago Silva
frown.gif
Shakira-Pique is too inconsistent, and as much as I hate to say it, Puyol's time as a starter will come to an end soon. I heard a rumor that Milan wanted our Thiago+ a @#$% load of cash for Silva though
sick.gif

52mdzq.jpg

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Our central midfield has needed revamping for about 3 seasons now, Carrick is +#%*, Anderson isn't cutting it, Fletcher can't do it by himself, and Scholes is old. If you watch all of our games, you see that many of them are lost in the midfield. Hopefully Fergie gets some new central mids this season... Our defense is decent, we have talent on the wings, and our forwards are generally solid.
Carrick is actually influential...
I've seen him pressing on attackers, forcing a dispossession which leads to a United goal, but because he didn't get the assist, nor the goal, everyone shows no love to him.  His style of pressing up the middle is very necessary to United.  

Carrick has been one of Utd's better performers this season...
pimp.gif

why he's not in the Euro squad surprises me...

speaking about Utd's midfield,maybe it's about time Sir Alex ditches the traditional 4-4-2 (in European matches probably)...
their midfielders are probably the slowest in Europe,so maybe having three man in the middle might see United dictate the pace of the game:

Young/Nani     Rooney     Valencia

Anderson/Giggs     Scholes/Cleverley

Carrick

Evra     Vidic     Rio     Rafael

De Gea

plus,there's gonna be width and a lot of movement upfront in a 3-man attack...

Originally Posted by beans718

eiddyfouw- raphael is injured every season though..

we deff need a LB and another RB, wouldnt mind a central Def as well.. but between smalling, evans, rio, vidic, and poss jones.. im not too hard pressed.. like keep uppie said fletcher is not a guarantee, keep hearing kawaga will sign soon but we all know how this goes.. I think chelsea would be dumb to spend that kind of money on hulk (50 mil) when you have players like cavani or falcao out there, also ppl keep forgetting they have a huge tank of a forward in lukaku (SP?), who with some decent time i can see coming into that drogba roll.. im also curious as to how this mf is gonna work for chelsea.. seem really stacked.. hopefully all this spending will force the glazers to give fergie more funds..
That's probably why Fergie has been monitoring...
Leighton-Baines-001.jpg

what the? 
laugh.gif

"What goal celebrations would look like if Hollywood were in control of them"...

carrick is @#!@ lol man this statement is somehow so prevalent...its ridicules. the man was by and large one of three players this season that actually should be proud of their performances. England national team would be three moons better of a side with him, and thats not cause im a united fan.

Keepie Uppie....i totally agree, the days of 4-4-2 have withered away..i believe the only real use of it would be against mid to bottom level squads during cups and league play. but for europe and more quality sides we need to find a formation that allows us to control the middle of the park and have more use of our speed on the wings...i prefer a 4-2-3-1, its often run by real madrid, chelski, city, bayern..

ddg
                              da silva rio vidic evra
                                  carrick scholes
                              nani  kagawa young
                                       rooney

of course, valencia can play in the place of nani, young can play in the place of kagawa (as well as cleverley, giggs, and even switch rooney there and allow javier or wellez to be up top)...the benefit of the formation is we keep position in the middle with carrick and scholes, and we get a lot of forward support from our RBs and LBs, so we can let jones, rafa, evra, and even valencia (at RB) bomb up and down the wings, this formation has allowed marcelo and dani alves to have more mobility and have more support from players like alonso/khadira or busquest/keita and it would be the same for us..also this sort of a formation, allows the four attacking players to read the game and move fluidly, the reason it works best at madrid is they have attacking players that can create something from nothing, esp ozil, which is why i hope we actually get kagawa b/c young + nani + kagawa would add sooo much creativity to our play that rooney/javier/wellez would benefit greatly from their movement.

thoughts?

Originally Posted by tonton32

carrick is @#!@ lol man this statement is somehow so prevalent...its ridicules. the man was by and large one of three players this season that actually should be proud of their performances. England national team would be three moons better of a side with him, and thats not cause im a united fan.

Keepie Uppie....i totally agree, the days of 4-4-2 have withered away..i believe the only real use of it would be against mid to bottom level squads during cups and league play. but for europe and more quality sides we need to find a formation that allows us to control the middle of the park and have more use of our speed on the wings...i prefer a 4-2-3-1, its often run by real madrid, chelski, city, bayern..

ddg
                              da silva rio vidic evra
                                  carrick scholes
                              nani  kagawa young
                                       rooney

of course, valencia can play in the place of nani, young can play in the place of kagawa (as well as cleverley, giggs, and even switch rooney there and allow javier or wellez to be up top)...the benefit of the formation is we keep position in the middle with carrick and scholes, and we get a lot of forward support from our RBs and LBs, so we can let jones, rafa, evra, and even valencia (at RB) bomb up and down the wings, this formation has allowed marcelo and dani alves to have more mobility and have more support from players like alonso/khadira or busquest/keita and it would be the same for us..also this sort of a formation, allows the four attacking players to read the game and move fluidly, the reason it works best at madrid is they have attacking players that can create something from nothing, esp ozil, which is why i hope we actually get kagawa b/c young + nani + kagawa would add sooo much creativity to our play that rooney/javier/wellez would benefit greatly from their movement.

thoughts?
This simply isn't good enough.  I think Kagawa is a great player, but I think he'll need support of having another creative around him as well.  I prefer when Rooney has a strike partner as well.  As long as he's all the way up front with a partner, he's lethal, because Rooney likes to roam up front.  Hernandez should be given a bit more playing time with his poaching style. 
Scholes and Carrick?  Carrick is good, that much I'll admit, but Scholes can't play every game.  Scholes should be a sub, rarely ever starting matches IMO.

We need a supportive maestro for Kagawa.  If you see Kagawa's style, he roams, we need someone fixed in the middle who can dictate pace, and slide those creative through-balls...(i.e Modric- I know I'm like a broken record lol).  Lastly we need a younger version of Scholes, someone who can pass, but who can get gully with the tackles (that's where my thoughts of M'Vila came about, since it's slowing down with Arsenal).   

Cleverley needs to spend his entire summer with a "finishing" or striking coach. 

If the Glazers don't open the kitty soon, we're done for next season. 

Btw...S Korea just scored a BEAUTY right now against Spain... 
eek.gif

Btw...seems like Swansea are loosing Brendon Rogers as he's the next man for Liverpool (so they say).

Interesting choice of managers...he's young...and done pretty well with Swansea last season. That's a real shame, cause I liked watching the Swans play...I hope they can still improve next season

laugh.gif
@ the thought of the overpriced Brits at Liverpool trying to play tiki-taka...this could be worse than AVB at Chelsea.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

i have never seen a free kick from inside the box
Indirect free kick in the box. Only seen it happen when the keeper handles a pass back to him with his hands.

seen CR7 have a free kick from inside the box as a madrid player last season. missed

Swansea manager confirmed for Liverpool

Ba could leave Newcastle at 7m, apparently with a strange set of clauses he has a 2 month window (starting on 31st May) where he could leave for anything starting at 7m.  His current wages are about 50k a week...so there's definitely room to play for a club who wants to get a steal...
I doubt Chelsea would be interested...however Tottenham most likely is, especially since they don't want to pay the 10m for Adebayor. 

Arsenal would probably try and swoop in, if RVP decides to randomly leave in the next few weeks. 

Who knows...maybe Rogers can convince him to join at the Kop 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

laugh.gif
@ the thought of the overpriced Brits at Liverpool trying to play tiki-taka...this could be worse than AVB at Chelsea.

You say that as if Swansea squad has more/better technical players than Liverpool.  
This is an excellent appointment by Liverpool's owners as Rodgers is one of the brightest young managers in Europe. The couple times I watched Swansea last season was like a breath of fresh air in the Premiership- all pass and move, building from the back, high lines, etc. He'll have the players and funds necessary to be a success, just needs the time to implement his style. Hoping he does well.

Santi 
pimp.gif

it should be a pretty competitive game cuz of the fact that Brasil is playing with their u-23 olympic team . i can actually see USA pulling this one out . but then again thats might be my blind faith .

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

after thinking about it, chelsea have signed 3 left sided players since january, and a central midfielder, i wonder what they will look like next year

4-2-3-1
Cole-Terry-Luiz/Cahil-Ivanovic

Ramires-Mikel

Hulk-Mata-Hazard

Torres

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Cahill over Luiz?
roll.gif

I would love to see

Cahill -    Luiz -      Cole

ramires-     meireles

hazard                     mata

sturridge torres hulk

With the top 3 rotating.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

after thinking about it, chelsea have signed 3 left sided players since january, and a central midfielder, i wonder what they will look like next year

4-2-3-1
Cole-Terry-Luiz/Cahil-Ivanovic

Ramires-Mikel

Hulk-Mata-Hazard

Torres

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Cahill over Luiz?
roll.gif

I would love to see

Cahill -    Luiz -      Cole

ramires-     meireles

hazard                     mata

sturridge torres hulk

With the top 3 rotating.

laugh.gif
@ you clearly not knowing what you're talking about. So we're switching to a 3-2-2-3 now huh? 
laugh.gif

laughing at Cahill over Luiz yet you've got Cahill playing out of position at RB over Ivanovic? Lulz

Cahill struggled when he first got to Chelsea but has been arguably Chelsea's most consistent defender down the stretch of the season. 

Meireles as a starter over Mikel/Lamps? 
laugh.gif

Sturridge starting on the wing?
laugh.gif
He's terrible on the wing and only plays well up front.

Back
Top Bottom