The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

At some point AVB has to think about dropping Lampard. I think they would be much more dangerous putting Mikel on to hold and pushing Raul forward.

SUPER NANI SKILLZ!
That hit the side of the net! 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by Curious24

^ Thats because La Liga sucks.  Even Real Madrid doesnt give Barca competition to be honest. Casillas was totally wrong when he said Madrid was better than United.  United and Barca have one thing no one else has, CHEMISTRY.  When I see the football Madrid is playing it hurts my eyes.  No ball control in midfield and wait for the defense to make a mistake.  

Real would eat United for breakfast. The Chemistry between Ronaldo and Ozil > The tension between Rooney and Nani. Watching the way United score goals gives me eye cancer: Waiting for the goalkeeper not to clear the ball far enough and score an easy goal off the rebound.

Barca and Real are easily 1 and 2 in the world. This makes La Liga as a whole very boring to watch (minus El Clasico), but they are still the best in the world.

Thats why they didnt reach the CL Final like Barca and United.

No, the reason why Real didn't reach the CL final is because they ran into the same team that wiped the field with United in the middle of England. Which is why the CL format sucks. Everyone knows that the real final should've been Barca-Real.
Everything you said is idiotic.  what other format do you want? BCS?  Who's the judge? you?  Imagine what will happen if Ronaldo or Ozil goes does for two weeks during champions league knockout.  They'll lose because they're dependent on players.  They'e dependent on pepe, casillas, ronaldo.  Madrid did not give barca a fight either.  Three years ago United beat Barca to reach the final, so playing them is not an excuse.  Where they played doesnt really matter because  We all know what happend to Madrid two years ago when choked to reach the final in their own building.

I still can't believe how lucky United get. They create 0 opportunities, yet they are able to score various goals out of nowhere through sheer luck. Hopefully we adjust and try to fight hard for a draw.

i cant be mad at the Nani goal. thats just skill.
but the non offsides call and a ball that bounces right to rooney get under my skin

Ramires man, smh. Two GOLDEN opportunities, couldn't smash either in. At least leave that last one for Sturridge, dude had his name written all over it.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

i cant be mad at the Nani goal. thats just skill.
but the non offsides call and a ball that bounces right to rooney get under my skin
And guess who's reffing? Phil Dowd.
laugh.gif

United aren't lucky, they are clinical. We had a chance with Torres on a bad giveaway, that we didn't take, and yes, the first two United goals were offside, but they took their finishes well, and that is what happens in football.

The problem is that AVB is playing Meireles out of position, and his positioning in that holding role is horrible. Lampard is a complete non-factor, so the midfield trio that he has is basically useless. I will not understand how you go into a game like United where a player like Mikel is going to be needed, and use a player who is basically an attacking midfielder to hold. It is mind-boggling. The Torres selection I understand, as there is no Drogba, and Anelka has not scored a goal against a big club since the mid-2000's, so I get it as we lack options, and I suppose I understand the selection of Lampard, but it's just a tough pill to swallow.

I am entirely more upset with the teamsheet than what has happened thus far in the game.

Back
Top Bottom