The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

3 in the back, as well as the exclusion of JT....i hope you guys try that out lol

nerd.gif

oh, and the brazil match was quite enjoyable as a neutral..jurgen has definitely added a touch of class, his philosophy of trying to put the side through the hardest fixtures so they can grow will surely help them come world cup qualifiers and the upcoming world cup in brazil. love how obvious it was that marcelo was one of maybe three world-class players on the pitch (to be fair he was the best of the three barring thiago silva and howard), he bossed the left side of the pitch with neymar all match. 

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

4-2-3-1
Cole-Terry-Luiz/Cahil-Ivanovic

Ramires-Mikel

Hulk-Mata-Hazard

Torres

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Cahill over Luiz?
roll.gif

I would love to see

Cahill   Luiz   Cole

ramires-     meireles

hazard                     mata

sturridge torres hulk

With the top 3 rotating.

laugh.gif
@ you clearly not knowing what you're talking about. So we're switching to a 3-2-2-3 now huh? 
laugh.gif

laughing at Cahill over Luiz yet you've got Cahill playing out of position at RB over Ivanovic? Lulz

Cahill struggled when he first got to Chelsea but has been arguably Chelsea's most consistent defender down the stretch of the season. 

Meireles as a starter over Mikel/Lamps? 
laugh.gif

Sturridge starting on the wing?
laugh.gif
He's terrible on the wing and only plays well up front.
Well, the switch was what "I" would like to see. Cahill doesn't play like a RB there, he plays like a full back. 
The 3 at the top rotate. I admittedly completely forgot about Lamps
embarassed.gif
 Him over meireles easy. 

What does messi mean when he's quoted on the Spanish magazine on the front cover " couldn't wait for Guardiola to leave"?

Liverpool have agreed with Brendan Rogers over compensation fees. Might be a decent little amount of money to spend on another player.
-United are looking into Stephan Radu (defender), however reports are also that United are looking into Modric.  Realistically, United can only afford to sign one more big name (after Kagawa).  Arsenal also looking into him. 

-Djorou at Arsenal claims he's unhappy and would think very carefully if an offer from another club came. 

-Norwich manager Paul Lambert apparently quit, in hopes of managing Villa next season.  Both clubs will still need to discuss compensation.

Torres scored in the friendly. I really hope he has a good Euro and snow balls that play into the season next year.

Chelsea are ready to make a move for Fullham striker Moussa Dembele.

Chelsea are also ready to talk to Ryan Bertrand about his 4 year contract he signed with them last summer.

Newcastle striker Demba Ba's release clause be activated on Thursday for 2 months and Chelsea and Tottenham are the teams interested in signing him.

United are interested in Tottenham's Luka Modric.

Arsenal and Tottenham are interested in signing Sochaux's midfielder Marvin Martin.

Tottenham and Newcastle are interested in signing City's Adam Johnson.

PSG are preparing a huge bid for United's Wayne Rooney.

Chelsea are closing a bid for Porto stirker Hulk.

United, Chelsea and Arsenal are keeping an eye on Yevhen Konoplyanka.

City are not looking to reinforce their attacking options this summer according to Roberto Mancini.

Interesting...
Well respected Arsenal blog Arsenal Insider reports today that Gunners winger Theo Walcott was all set to complete a deal to sign for Liverpool but that said deal was then scrapped when Kenny Dalglish was axed by the Anfield side.

The 23 year old England international is a player of obvious ability but more often than not he has failed to deliver and his performances can on the whole drive Arsenal fans crazy, such is the former Southampton man’s ability to consistently make the wrong decision in the final third, be that resulting in a misplaced pass, a woeful cross or a shot delivered at three mph.

Liverpool could well have been in need of a winger and Kenny Dalglish will have been painfully aware of the shortcomings of first team starters Stewart Downing and Jordan Henderson, who both looked inept last term on the left and right flanks respectively.

Walcott now has a year to run on his current Arsenal contract and some reports suggest that the youngster wants a significant pay rise, a rise that Arsene Wenger is reticent to reward the player’s sub-standard performances with.

Given that Arsenal have the likes of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Japanese international Ryo Miyaichi to call upon, perhaps now is the right time to consider offers for Walcott and perhaps Brendan Rodgers will think likewise and re-ignite this potential interest.

Lampard injured, will not play at the Euro.
No big deal.England will as usual fly home after the group games.

Originally Posted by Jesus Saved Edwin

PSG are preparing a huge bid for United's Wayne Rooney.
I've read they have 170m set aside for a Rooney bid (including wages per year for x amount of years, transfers fee etc)
30t6p3b.gif

Doubt he'll go though. 

He's getting all the game time in the world...and with one or two more signings we can really compete for the title and for CL (well...lol you know what I mean)

Plus PSG is really building right now...maybe in one or two more seasons...players like today's Rooney/RVP would go there...

hulk confirmed for chelsea. 60 mil if im not mistaken
Buffon hustling in '10 is catching him in legal trouble. close to 2 mil he "worked" for haha

more like 38mill. Good signing just hope this doesn't send Ramieres to the bench , he's evolving to a great player.

Originally Posted by QTfinest

more like 38mill. Good signing just hope this doesn't send Ramieres to the bench , he's evolving to a great player.

Ramires was playing on the right out of necessity, not because that is his position. I'm sure he will move back central next year now that they have options.

Wow chicharito with another dumb goal.defender in the last minute had to mess up in the friendly match

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
^^^ 
On a more serious note....

Brendan Rodgers is set to raid Swansea for three of his former players after he is unveiled as Liverpool's new manager - forward Scott Sinclair, 23, midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson, 22, and defender Ashley Williams, 27. Sigurdsson was set to join the Swans after a successful loan spell but has not completed his move yet.

[font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]If this really happens. The Swansea are screwed.  And it's such a shame, cause I really like Swansea.  I don't see how they would be able to re-build while losing 3 players and a manager. All in the same month.  [/font]

Just read on soccernet that Swansea have a 12 month period of protection from Liverpool raid on players

From goal.com...

Report: Del Piero in talks to join Montreal Impact - Would be nice for MLS

Report: Paris Saint-Germain to offer AC Milan 68 million euros for Thiago Silva and Pato

Back
Top Bottom