The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

What has Messi done with Argentina?

I'm not blaming him for Argentina failing, I'm just saying he's nothing great when he has that blue/white shirt on.

If you think I'm wrong, then please show me his stats with his entire International career to prove me wrong.
Like I said, Argentina have been under performing for the longest time now, one player isn't just going to change their fortunes overnight. Quick google search lists his international honors as:

31 goals in 76 appearances

2008 Olympic Champions

2005 FIFA U-20 Champions

Those stats by themselves seem pretty good but obviously it doesn't tell the whole story. He is only 25 and has at least two more world cup appearances to change things.

Messi is better because on Barcelona he has Xavi, Iniesta, David Villa, Pedro, etc. to make him look/play better.

Argentina is where you see the real side of it all...

Messi is better because on Barcelona he has Xavi, Iniesta, David Villa, Pedro, etc. to make him look/play better.

sick.gif
That's ridiculous. So using that same logic, Ronaldo is not that great either because he hasn't replicated his club form for Portugal. He had Rooney, Giggs, Scholes etc at United and now Ozil, Benzema, Alonso etc at Madrid. Portugal is where you see his real side?
laugh.gif

Troof.

Put Messi in any squad except maybe like Chelsea and City in the EPL I bet you. He wouldn't do as well.

My man, it's true that Messi looks better because of his support, but one can't deny that the kid is a beast.

I'll admit, he does play the majority of the time against weaker teams, and has an incredible supporting cast, and once he's out of that precious Barca system, things go pear-shaped. But the insane runs that he has dribbling through numerous players, getting fouled, getting back up and still chipping it over the keeper can't be denied. Also his versatility (free-kick, penalty, open play) has shown itself in the big games (classico's and CL finals).

And the fact that he's relatively young and still has quite a few years left in him is crazy.

As a team player, it doesn't get much better than that.

As an individual player, I still believe Ronaldo is better (both footed, and header, deadball, live ball- he does it all).

I still however would like to see Messi in another team performing instead of just Barce, but I know it's unlikely.

3 handballs in 10 minutes. Haven't seen that before. :lol:

Attaboy, Sideshow Bob.

C'mon, you Ukrainian bastards.

How the hell have Utd not scored!?

Great chip-attempt by Rooney.

Bringing on Scholes?

I don't agree with this decision at all.

I'd rather keep him fit for the weekend. But I guess, with his passing maybe some of the youngsters like Welbeck, Hernandez and Powell will get better opportunities...

Giggsy with the neat flick :smokin

Cleverly off at the 44th minute... that can't be good. 
mean.gif
  Heads off with the trainer.

Back
Top Bottom