The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Arsenal stays sticking to some randoms... Arsenal supporters on the misc say that Arsenal will be the buying power once they pay off the stadium lmao..
Heard Bale might leave the spurs.... I think the EPL will probably between City and UTD haha, don't be surprised if West Brom comes in 4th, or everton pending the transfers

Bale wants to go abroad to play, He has been angling towards Barcelona and they have been seen watching him on lots of occasions now,
He was the first choice before Jordi Alba last summer but was priced away

Last edited:
  • Arsenal intend to launch a formal bid for Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha, 20, with Arsene Wenger determined to add to his attacking options during the January transfer window. - Daily Telegraph
  • Manchester United are set to be tempted with a £5m bid from Paris Saint-Germain for defender Patrice Evra, 31, who is said to be interested in playing for the club. PSG, though, may consider a move for Manchester City's Gael Clichy, 27, if the Evra move fails. - Independent
  • Daniele De Rossi, 29, has met Manchester City officials to discuss a possible move away from Roma after growing disillusioned with life at the club. - talkSPORT
  • But Manchester City's exit from European competition could limit their chances of signing Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi, 29, or Dutch midfielder Wesley Sneijder, 28, who has fallen out with Inter Milan bosses over after refusing to take a wage cut. - Daily Star
  • Swansea manager Michael Laudrup has warned clubs chasing top scorer Michu they will have to pay up to £30m to secure the Spaniard's services - 15 times more than they paid Rayo Vallecano in the summer for the 26-year-old. - Daily Telegraph
  • Manchester United and Arsenal are tracking Montpellier midfielder Remy Cabella, 22. - The Sun
  • Anderlecht striker Dieumerci Mbokani, 27, says he is unlikely to leave the club in January. The DR Congo international is a target for Tottenham and Fulham. - talkSPORT
  • Wolves have yet to decide whether to offer 26-year-old striker Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, who is out of contract in the summer, a new deal. - Express & Star
  • Roger Espinoza, who can play in defence and midfield, is poised to join fellow Honduras international Maynor Figueroa at Wigan. The 26-year-old, who plays for MLS team Sporting Kansas City, represented his country at London 2012. - Daily Mirror
  • Shakhtar Donetsk forward Fernandinho, 27 says he will be playing in Manchester in January - but the Brazil international hasn't revealed if he will be joining City or United. - talkSPORT
  • Stoke manager Tony Pulis has warned the Premier League's top clubs that none of his players are for sale. Manchester United and Liverpool have been interested in defender Ryan Shawcross, 25, and goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, also 25. - Daily Star
  • Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is monitoring Ghana midfielder Derek Boateng, 29, who plays for Ukrainian side Dnipro, - The Sun
  • Russian outfit Zenit St Petersburg are ready to go head-to-head with Chelsea over a deal for Everton's Marouane Fellaini, 25, in January. - Metro
  • Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson could be about to trump Man City boss Roberto Mancini by signing two of his top targets. United Chief Executive David Gill flew to Croatia this week for talks about signing £15m-rated Alen Halilovic, 16, and he also enquired about 20-year-old right-back Sime Vrsaljko. - Daily Mail
  • Wolves are poised to recall in-form striker Leigh Griffiths from his loan with Hibernian in January, dashing the Edinburgh club's hopes of a cut-price permanent transfer. - Daily Record

Euro 2020 to be held across the entire continent :wow: :pimp:
http://www.uefa.com/uefa/aboutuefa/...009.html#uefa+euro+2020+held+across+continent

So I just found out that this Sterling kid from Liverpool is only 17?! :wow:

My parents did it all wrong, we should have immigrated to England :smh: :frown:

Already has 2 kids from 2 different women, and I've heard rumours of a 3rd on the way.

Son better pray he doesn't get injured.

Apparently the third is from the second baby mama
Melissa Clarke

Read about the Zaha rumor earlier today. Crystal Palace wants 20mil for him. Arsenal plan to big around 9mil

Soccer transfer rumors are the funniest things ever.

I remember like 2 years ago there was some stupid *** story that Messi would be bought by Man City for like 250 million quid. :lol:

I don't even read them anymore, unless it's from a legitimate source.

I do know the Zaha to Arsenal deal will probably happen, let's see if Wenger can tie that **** up.

I remember like 2 years ago there was some stupid *** story that Messi would be bought by Man City for like 250 million quid. :lol:

I do know the Zaha to Arsenal deal will probably happen, let's see if Wenger can tie that **** up.

I know its just paper talk, but am I the only Arsenal fan who DOESNT want Zaha? Palace are on course for automatic promotion (2nd place currently) and would surely only risk the 50m bonus the jump pays out for a stupid high offer for one of their key players. 20m for a player in the Championship!? :lol: We do not need any more projects, we need game changers, someone to win us points with their brilliance, (ie Arshavin when he arrived to Arsenal) and Zaha is not that.

I'm sick of paying for a handful of average players (10m here, 12m there...) when we could use the same funds to pay for world class players/talents. I'd honestly rather have a skeleton squad (like we've had in the past) where our first XI is really strong with nothing on the bench (maybe one year the stars will align with lack of major injuries) than have a squad full of average players and banking on them to become world beaters/play above their ability.

Here we are sitting 10th and I read about us looking at a 20m player from the championship to save our season..... :lol: :smh:

/rant

Euro 2020 to be held across the entire continent :wow: :pimp:
http://www.uefa.com/uefa/aboutuefa/...009.html#uefa+euro+2020+held+across+continent

So I just found out that this Sterling kid from Liverpool is only 17?! :wow:

My parents did it all wrong, we should have immigrated to England :smh: :frown:

Ive been telling my mom the same thing :lol:

Dog my mind was BLOWN when I found out Higuain is 24 and Tevez is 28. I swear Tevez is like 36 lol i've been hearing his name YEARS before I got into footie

Although, it would look weird as hell for a Dominican to be out on the futbol pitch :lol:

me too, didn't know Tevez was that old. Although he kinda looks like a caveman

Last edited:

I know its just paper talk, but am I the only Arsenal fan who DOESNT want Zaha? Palace are on course for automatic promotion (2nd place currently) and would surely only risk the 50m bonus the jump pays out for a stupid high offer for one of their key players. 20m for a player in the Championship!? :lol: We do not need any more projects, we need game changers, someone to win us points with their brilliance, (ie Arshavin when he arrived to Arsenal) and Zaha is not that.

I'm sick of paying for a handful of average players (10m here, 12m there...) when we could use the same funds to pay for world class players/talents. I'd honestly rather have a skeleton squad (like we've had in the past) where our first XI is really strong with nothing on the bench (maybe one year the stars will align with lack of major injuries) than have a squad full of average players and banking on them to become world beaters/play above their ability.

Here we are sitting 10th and I read about us looking at a 20m player from the championship to save our season..... :lol: :smh:

/rant

I also think it has to do with the sports journalism culture in other countries. A manager can comment on how good a certain player is and the headlines will read that manager wants to buy that player :lol:

Henry will be back. Plus Diaby will be back soon and that will be like a new signing
I like Zaha, wouldn't mind seeing him in an Arsenal shirt. A striker/winger...Gervinho isn't actually working out for us :lol: but I could see AW using him more centrally, good pace and dribbling skills...overall I think he would be more beneficial than Gervinho, he actually crosses the ball for one thing. In terms of experience, several players that we can chose from. Always thought that we should have had made a move for Afellay and gotten Berbatov in the RvP deal. I do like the idea of a squad mixed with youth and experience. But seeing how Gazadis says we won't be able to really compete until 2014, I guess we're gonna have to rely to gambles for a little bit longer :smh:

Last edited:
The talk about United looking at Alen Halilovic seems to have some element of truth in it, But whether it will actually happen is another thing

The talk about United looking at Alen Halilovic seems to have some element of truth in it, But whether it will actually happen is another thing

It's possible.

SAF only has 1 main target (Strootman/Wanyama). I know Strootman said he was ready to leave in the summer, but that might be pushed up by the need to strengthen up the middle.

There's also a secondary target of a defender (based solely on injury crisis at the backline).

Other than that, he has the money to buy the up and coming united. Esp cause Nani could very well leave for around 25m this winter.

With that being said our starting lineup in 3-4 seasons will begin to take shape soon.
Henriquez
Halilovic
Powell
Kagawa
Smalling
Jones
Buttner
Wotton
Blackett

Plus any other solid buys.

man that list got more and more :stoneface: as it went down

List is terrible. Ibra at 13? Behind the likes of Bale, Rooney, Aguero, Toure, and RvP? English league bias is strong. He's better than Falcao too - he can do all the things Tigre can do in front of goal as a pure number nine, but can also create chances like a number ten.

Good piece by Michael Cox on the Manchester clubs : http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/tacticsandanalysis/id/511?cc=5901

Despite the standings, they've both been far from convincing this season. United have been weak in defense and midfield (Giggs and Scholes), and despite their individual talent City have been a chore to watch. That 3-5-2 is just awful - 5 man defense posing as an attacking formation. That said, I'm looking forward to the match on Sunday, though I'm more excited for Inter-Napoli.

Last edited:
Anyone following the NCAA College Cup? Stoked to see IU going back to the national championship game. should be a great match tomorrow against Georgetown. :pimp:

I just wish united would be linked with solid defenders, and not useless strikers and 16 year old midfielders

Anyone following the NCAA College Cup? Stoked to see IU going back to the national championship game. should be a great match tomorrow against Georgetown. :pimp:

I heard one of the games yesterday was pretty crazy, I believe it was that one?

na it was the Georgetown/Maryland game. went to a 4-4 tie then to shootout. Georgetown ended up winning in the shootout. We won 1-0. Gonna be a good game tomorrow though. we're going for our 8th National Championship. :smokin

na it was the Georgetown/Maryland game. went to a 4-4 tie then to shootout. Georgetown ended up winning in the shootout. We won 1-0. Gonna be a good game tomorrow though. we're going for our 8th National Championship. :smokin

Yea that's what I meant. I was following live updates on it. Wish I got to t see it, hopefully the next game

Unfortunate we had to get a goal in that fashion but I'm really not gonna complain

Back
Top Bottom