the Vans thread...

Grabbed zelda slip ons, mario authentics, womans nintendo skate highs, duck hunt authentics, and donkey kong authentics all for around 100$ at the vans outlet store. They have a buy one get one half off sale going on.

Don't know why u guys are so obsessed with og vault slip ons and Gold Coast authentics. A few of you might genuinely like them but I have a feeling a bunch of hypebeasts have infiltrated this thread. Like the dude @mikeeeeey just said just make your own. Literally the same exact shoe. You can tell ur friends they're gold coasts.. don't worry about that.. Maybe I'm just grouchy from missing yet another blends release.
I like the OG's because of the lack of stripe detail on the foxing which gives it a cleaner look and the chunky midsole is just something that I think looks better on vans. But your right the recent surge in popularity is just Hype and will die down eventually when another shoe is worn and posted all over IG.

When you think about the rise of "hype" in todays fashion market it is pretty crazy how much of a factor it plays in business these days. Take Adidas for example they took the Kanye situation and turned that into Billions all because of limited production runs and social media marketing. Meanwhile Nike stock has been stagnate(they are still making stacks) ever since the Jordan mania has fizzled and the rise of fashion sneakers like the Yeezy line by Adidas were introduced. All of this is possible because of Social Media and how much part it plays in our daily lives, literally everyone has a cell phone and all of those people prob have at least one media account which means instant access to news and dialogue and celebrity nonsense. Its not a consequence that the Kardashion fame and IG/Snapchat/Twitter are both peaking at the same time.

I wouldn't be suprised if corps started devoting entire marketing budgets to a "Hype" division or if the "Theory of Hype in economics and marketing" became accredited courses in Universities. We have already seen the development of social media marketing degrees and most startups these days if not all in the retail world have a full time social media director position filled.

The fog collab was the weakest of all the 50th anniversary collabs you can't even put it next to the masterminds or wtaps or born free blends they had the perfect opportunity based on both brands history and they just went the easy route

Back
Top Bottom