The Walking Dead - Official Thread

Now the acting ability of Lizzy is the one gripe I can understand, she was a bit inconsistent in this episode. Idk if we can blame the scriptwriters for giving her too much to deliver or what but a couple times I just broke out in laughter watching her scream at Carol. But she's a child actor, I don't expect much from them at such a young age. In the end she pulled off the climax of the episode VERY well.

Also Tyreese and Carol's acting made up for it ten fold. Probably their best work of the series so far

I dunno if it showed Carol regretting teaching the kids to defend themselves. That actually was a really good idea. The scientist guy would've benefitted from those lessons. It seems like she regretted not being able to help Lizzie more with her mental issues. What can you really do with someone who thinks walkers are misunderstood and need their sympathy?

Last edited:
See...when I see stuff like:

This ep. was as good as a BB ep.
That's just all types of wrong.

It's like....I mostly just turn the part of my brain off, that's seen...anything on HBO...Breaking Bad...the first 5 seasons of Dexter...anything really good tbh. I watch TWD the same way I watch Family Feud or Adult Swim, cuz people living in a zombie world is always gonna be interesting to me, even though this is basically the CBS version of a good show.

I agree, everything seemed so forced, unnatural, unrealistic, and predictable.

On top everything these kid actors are horrible, AMC has really diminished the quality of the show by not investing more money into it. 

I really hope another zombie apocalypse TV show comes out and does well, maybe that will improve the writing for the show.

I gave up on that a long time ago. This show beat Sunday Night Football in the ratings. SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. Mad Men and Breaking couldn't beat Community's ratings for half of their runs. And I don't care that they're on location, half of Dexter happened outdoors. Most of The Americans happens in new places away from their main sets. Louie costs $17 to make and the dialogue and plots are consistently better, more sensible and thoughtful than TWD's. Justified takes place in the South...no one watches it, and every single actor on that cast is killing what TWD's actors are doing, cuz the writing, directing and casting are that much better.

There is no good reason why the directing is so mediocre and basic almost all of the time. I mean, this last one was one of the few episodes that actually consistently tried do creative things directing and dialoguewise, but it comes and goes so much. The filters and color treatment make the show look better than it's shot. Pick any episode of Breaking Bad and I promise there is more creativity and thought put in behind the lens than any episode of TWD after the first season.

It's not a surprise that apparently this last ep's setup was from the comics. But there's no good reason why every time they do something clever with their story, it rolls out like a HS kid wrote the script. What happened this last episode, was really interesting and bold, and you had to admire the inspiration and audacity behind what they did. But just on an artistic level...this was a step up from an episode of Passions. They did not protect the non-psycho girl's acting. And even the psycho would go from good to cringe in an instant. Cutty comes and goes, but I'll admit this was probably the best he's been. Carol is still a weak Bounty commercial actress, but this was the best moment she's had.

But even rest of the cast...Lauren Cohan and Steve Yeun have moments, but it looks like their best work is in the past. Carl is awful. Walt Jr would make him cook his breakfast. Daryl is fine in a 'Sawyer from Lost,' don't give him too much to do and just let him look cool, kinda way. Beth and Sasha are okay. Michonne...I can't even tell, because of how horribly her character is written half the time. Jon Bernthal killed his role. Morgan had the best actor this show's seen. Laurie Holden...if you've seen her in The Shield or The Mist, you know she's a good actress, they just ruined her character with awful writing. (That Governor bs)

And Andrew Lincoln...is technically the best actor on the show. (case in point the Lori dying episode) But when you're the lead of a major series like this...you gotta be that guy. Throw any strong actor up against him, and you'll see the difference. Shane and Morgan both bodied him off of the screen. If they would've cast John Hawkes as The Governor, he would've bodied him. Watch Deadwood or Justified...Tim Olyphant should've been Rick. The problem is, Rick is just a character on the show in Lincoln's hands. People care if he lives or dies, just cuz we've seen him the most, and he makes an okay lead, unlike anyone else left.

I don't know why I assumed almost everyone in here would like this show, before. :lol: But what's weird is that there's so many different camps that have issues with it. And in a lot of ways, none of them is particularly wrong, but almost all of them just focus on ONE thing that's just too much for them, but they'll skate on everything else. It's too slow or the acting or the dialogue or where are my fav people or haha you clowns watch this or the book's better or I hate this one person, but not the other people who suck just as much.

Iono...that's different. :lol: At this point, the show just is what it is, but anyone who kinda can't accept that this is at least consistently better than the worst of what we've seen from this show, is just a little too greedy and optimistic.

Last edited:
People really complaining about the little girls acting in here? Give me a break she's like 10, I thought she did a fantastic job anyways age aside (except for the screaming at Carroll which made me, too, bust out in laughter).

If you thought yesterday's episode was bad you may as well quit on the show now and stop posting in this thread because that episode was undoubtedly in TWD top 5. Episode singlehandedly made the show watchable again for me.

Couldn't have said it any better. I'm glad I'm the type of person who cares very little to compare every tv show to another. I watch to be entertained, simple as that

stopped reading after i saw "Sunday Night Football" in a zombie thread
Now see...
AMC’s ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4 Debut Smashes Records; 16.1M Watch
:x
Airing at 9 PM, the AMC show was watched by 16.1 million with 10.4 million among adults 18-49. NBC’s airing of the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington ******** game last night was watched by 19.65 million according to fast nationals from Nielsen.
16 million with a 10.4 in 18-49 my god.. . Is this real life? They this with football on too jesus. I don't even watch the show anymore but those ratings are insane.

Because it beat sunday night football in the ratings.

I did after he mentioned The Mist and good acting in the same sentence
Laurie Holden was good in The Mist. So was Marcia Gay Harden.

To each his own, I guess. *shrugs*

My point was basically, if you're putting this up there with BB, you're drowning in koolaid. Anyone still watching knows not to expect or compare this to anything great.

And if you could hate last night's episode...then this show really doesn't have much of anything left for you, cuz I can see all the ways it ain't what it could be, but compared to what this show's been, and how this season's gone...that was a good episode, just about any way you look at it, and you're officially not guilty watching, but hate-watching this show.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by MrONegative  
To each his own, I guess. *shrugs*
My point was basically, if you're putting this up there with BB, you're drowning in koolaid. And if you could hate last night's episode...then this show really doesn't have much of anything left for you, cuz I can see all the ways it ain't what it could be, but by compared to what this show's been...that was a good episode, just about any way you look at it, and you're officially not guilty watching, but hate-watching this show.
Honestly, I don't even know why BB gets compared to TWD.  I mean, I get that in this day and age everything is a ____ >>> ____ argument.  And they are/were two Sunday night heavyweights on TV.  But they're also two COMPLETELY different shows.  No way they get approached the same when it comes to writing, action, etc.  That sounds like I'm making excuses for TWD and I don't really want to do that because there are clearly flaws.  But TWD at its worst isn't as bad as some folks make it out to be, IMO.  Like you said, folks just like to hate-watch (not saying you're doing that, btw).  

That said, overall BB is the better show to me.  But TWD is still mad entertaining to me.  

Rick needs to be in the forefront. **** Corllllllll, **** Carollllllll, **** Cutty (for now), **** em all. I want to see Rick lead.

I am wondering if the group is going to reunite this season? I like it best when Rick is lead man.

It's going to end on a cliff-hanger like the end of season 2 did. Most likely they'll find another group or area to live. I have an idea, but it may be a spoila.

whats your theory? If you haven't seen the episodes there is no reason to be here anyways ^^^

I started the episode half asleep, but the moment Lizzie started acting up, I was wide awake and heated. That girl was crazy.

Am I the only one that's glad those two little twerps were killed off?

Their acting was atrocious. The show just got that much better without their acting stinking things up.

Am I the only one that's glad those two little twerps were killed off?

Their acting was atrocious. The show just got that much better without their acting stinking things up.

We hating on a pair of little girls flourishing in the world now? Well damb COLE WORLD

LOL TWD writers straight stole the ending of "Of Mice and Men" scene where George kills Lenny by shooting him in the back of the head... almost line for line.

I hate this show so much now.

WoFCtSl.gif

Back
Top Bottom