The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by IgnantBliss
negative Frank sings better and has better content..this tape has better production all that WAWAWA wailing and sound effects getting to yall brain

Sometimes I wonder what other people are listening to.

LOL at sings "better" and has "better" content.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by IgnantBliss

IMO this defecates all over Frank Ocean
negative Frank sings better and has better content..this tape has better production all that WAWAWA wailing and sound effects getting to yall brain

Look up the lyrics while listening to the music and you'll realize that there's way more content to it that you might think at first.
You're listening, but you're not HEARING (or however it goes..)

But I completely agree with everyone saying that dude makes them want to do tons of drugs and pipe scandalous women 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YoungSleezy

Originally Posted by stacksblowinpurp

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Yea this tape got me feelin weird wantin to do drugs and +%#$ strippers. I cant stop listenin.

I thought he had one dropping tomorrow too.
nerd.gif
 If so...

I NEED!!

nerd.gif
This week he said.."Thursday is the new Friday" His new tape name is Thursday 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

*prays that it comes out today*
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

i've said it before but they are 2 different artists

frank ocean is on a whole other level compared to the weekend in terms of writing

they also have 2 different types of sounds, both are great and it comes down to preference as to which one you like

i don't know why yall fronting any damn way, yall like the weekend more because the sound caters more to women and most of yall tryna convince yourselves that it sounds better because yall think that's what women want to hear

not buying it and i actually like the tape

Originally Posted by All Ready

i've said it before but they are 2 different artists

frank ocean is on a whole other level compared to the weekend in terms of writing

they also have 2 different types of sounds, both are great and it comes down to preference as to which one you like

i don't know why yall fronting any damn way, yall like the weekend more because the sound caters more to women and most of yall tryna convince yourselves that it sounds better because yall think that's what women want to hear

not buying it and i actually like the tape
Why are you projecting? I'll refrain from telling you you're full of @@@! and reserve that for the bolded section only.

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Come at me bro 
grin.gif
You need that Lonny, breaux 
grin.gif
I'll take your word for it. Probably get around to it at some point.

HAM CITY wrote:
Why are you projecting? I'll refrain from telling you you're full of @@@! and reserve that for the bolded section only.

yeah, ok
that's yall in here tryna act like one sound is drastically superior to the other, i'm simply stating why i feel yall are saying that

their overall presentation and sound are equal, just different

you were tryna make it seem like it was a crime that dude was feeling the frank tape more, frank does have better content but he doesn't sing better

Yo OP!!! next time you find something like this place "don't sleep" in title. I regret passing up this thread as many times as i did. Great find though.
pimp.gif

He is kinda killin Frank Ocean on this style of R&B though. FO is the better R&B artist imo but The Weeknd stepped up that whole style of singing bout that life.

the morning-official ride out and chill song...just puts u in the mindset of being free..it might just be the beat cuz the bass is killin me im a sucker for down low bass really liking this music

Originally Posted by illwill8710

Yo OP!!! next time you find something like this place "don't sleep" in title. I regret passing up this thread as many times as i did. Great find though.
pimp.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
this official just got more spins than FO's tape but FO's still
pimp.gif

Every time I read anything about 'Thursday' I get pumped for the Thursday coming up, only to have Thursday roll around, and no new tape.

mind = blown .........this dude is just too good like seriously im convinced he wrote both interlude's for Aubrey

I have listened to this tape for 3 days straight and its only 9 songs.
It's just a matter of time before they blow up. Production is on point and songs demand mood.

I will be waiting to hear more from them and keep this tape on deck for sure.

I just wish I would have had it in my life sooner.

Can't get past the whiny singing voice...that's just my opinion though. And yes, frank is a much better singer sonically...you all have been flooded with half +%@ RnB singers like The Dream and have no clue of what GOOD singing actually is. Frank Ocean isn't the best singer, but he's much better than The Weeknd. In terms of content, American Wedding > But this is NT where musically  A LOT of ppl don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom