The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
If dude signed to YMCMB, I would've stopped listening to him.
sick.gif
This. I wanted Drake to leave YMCMB and make an OVOXO label with him and The Weeknd

If it was just under drake I would say he wasn't loyal but if baby/Wayne was gonna be eating off him too then I don't blame him for turning it down

Hard to say what the situation is/was I just hope they resolve it and continue to work together. Both of these dudes have close to perfect catalogues.

I'm happy he didnt do it.. As much as I **** with Wayne & Drake I know them along with Birdman prolly would've had him on every damn song

I think it was beneficial for both of their careers. The weeknd saw the commercial side of big music, drake was able to dig into a dark aura he was far removed from. I still think their careers would have been perfectly fine had their paths not crossed.
:rofl: Drake didnt need The Weeknd at all. The Weeknd would NOT have half the fans he has without Drake.. He would still make good music BUT he would not have sold over 200k without Drake's cosign . Anyone who disagrees with this is lying to themselves.

Still a subjective claim no one can validate.

We've already established that Aubs helped out. Just not to the point where the weeknd owes his career to him.

that drake cosign is probably the most important thing that has happened to him. that drake cosign gave him prestige and separated him from the pack. dont underestimate the power of perception, especially in music. you had the legion of drake fans checkin for him SOLELY because their artists approved it. its not always just about the music, not to say hes not a great artist. just that the drake cosign gave him that aura and hype.

If it was just under drake I would say he wasn't loyal but if baby/Wayne was gonna be eating off him too then I don't blame him for turning it down
Drake's OVO label is under Warner/Atlantic. Baby/Wayne wouldn't have been seeing anything.

But Weeknd signed with Universal before the OVO label was announced.

It's too early for Drake to be making label moves anyways. I wouldn't want to be under him either. What does he know about that?

Glad Abel didn't sign to YMCMB. He's the type of artist I wouldn't want to hear many collabs from... There's very few that I think could work with his style & I can't imagine good tracks coming from a Wayne or Nicki collab :x :lol:

And then people wonder why dude gets clowned for being sensitive. He's mad because dude Abel chose to be his own man in signing a record deal that would ultimately affect Abel's career and not his own? That's like getting mad because your friend got picked by a different team in kickball. And if it's about dude not getting paid off of Weeknd's deal, then how can he even talk about being a real friend? A real friend would be happy their homie got on in a comfortable space and continue doing good music with him. Not ***** about it.

Folks tried to warn you about Aubrey. Yall think it's just cause he's friendly he got Kendrick, ASAP, French, Cole, etc to open for him. He wants that power to say I put you on. That's why I applaud Wiz and Clipse for not going on Drake's tour.

started from teh bottom now we here

man shut the hell up :lol:

abel don't owe nobody nothing. Aubrey mad because abel aspires for being his own person rather than having to lick off his sack. durr aubrey can i get a feature? hurr

no.

^ Drake gotta stop acting so damn sensitive.
mean.gif
laugh.gif
Nah . . . I can kind of understand his beef . . .

It wasn't just like with Rocky where he tweeted the Peso video and then Rocky blew up on his own . . .This was different . . . Drake really gave Weeknd a heavy co-sign . . . you might not have heard about him directly from the OVO blog . . . but I can promise you the outlet that you found Weeknd at, found him as a result of Drake heavily co-signing him . . . And then for dude to go and sign with Universal instead of Drake's label behind his back . . .

Weeknd doesn't owe his career to Drake . . . because The Weeknd still has to make good music on his own at the end of the day . . . but Drake's co-sign made it aloooot easier for Weeknd to blow up . . .

I can understand Weeknd wanting to do his own thing and not wanting to sign under OVO, but he should've at least told dude beforehand instead of letting him find out at the same time as everyone...

Back
Top Bottom