The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
:lol: at Drake not being needed on those songs. Yall in here wilding

He wasn't :lol:

Weeknd killed the beginning and end of Crew Love. Drake was just there.

He really wasn't needed, it's documented that drake just hopped on it and stole it for his album

Fallon performance was masterful.
yes it was.

earned it, should really be the title track for the flick...but im sure beyonce aint having it

dont really care if xo collabs with ovo again. itd be cool but its not necessary 

weeknd at ovo fest though, must see

Last edited:
The extremes going on 
laugh.gif

If they can tap into the Zone type tracks, I think Drake can fit in fine. I didn't think his verse on that song was out of place at all, I thought it fit in rather well (sound wise, flow and content)

Every OVOXO song has definitely been Weeknd Ft. Drake, doe. That's no argument and let me know if you disagree 
laugh.gif

Weeknd has never been featured on any collab track with any artist, dude always commands top billing

This thread goes in a cycle:

1. Demands for more music
2. Favorite songs discussion
3. Weeknd/Drake need to collab
4. Weeknd/Drake standoff
5. Weeknd/PND standoff

Repeat step 1

This thread goes in a cycle:

1. Demands for more music
2. Favorite songs discussion
3. Weeknd/Drake need to collab
4. Weeknd/Drake standoff
5. Weeknd/PND standoff

Repeat step 1
What else you expect man 
laugh.gif

Every thread is a cycle. Especially in the music forum. 

Definitely agree with 6. Kiss Land slander

You right about every step 
laugh.gif

Let me ask yall this, if you heard kissland as the first Abel project you telling me yall would still like him as much right off the jump? Keep it 100

Last edited:
Let me ask yall this, if you heard kissland as the first Abel project you telling me yall would still like him as much right off the jump? Keep it 100
Nope

I always say Trilogy, for its sound and content was just the perfect storm for the timing of when it was released. Especially HOB. The tape that started it all, I think it touched a lot of young people 18-24 who were going through the same types of things with drugs/partying/females in a way that's never been seen. Ever

As far as Kiss Land goes, there is absolutely no reason to slander it IMO. It's a work of art as well but if absorbed onto a brand new palate, it simply does not have the same effect and impact as if it were absorbed onto a palate already familiar with his story and sound

:lol: Type of question is that?

KissLand is 10x better than what's out now in R&B. I would be thinking "This dudes writing, singing and production is great can't wait to hear more".

laugh.gif
Type of question is that?

KissLand is 10x better than what's out now in R&B. I would be thinking "This dudes writing, singing and production is great can't wait to hear more".
I viewed the question posed as 

If you heard HOB first would you like him more or less than if you heard KL first

But yes, I agree with your thought in that I would think: "This guy's sound is special, whatever he cooks up next could be major" if I had heard KL first

Last edited:
How is that not a valid question :lol:

I get what you saying Vincent...I know straight up if kissland was the first weeknd project I heard I would **** with his stuff but the anticipation for his next project wouldn't be as high as it was when I was waiting for kissland. If someone asked me about the weekend I would prolly be like "oh yeah that ***** cool..." And not "BRUH...you gotta listen to ____"

I don't listen to much rb in general

Now that I can agree on. It does sound more RNBish where as everything else is damn near alternative.

The weeknd was prolly the first non hiphop album I liked this much tbh...Miguel's CDs are fire imo though

2011 was the best year to be a Weeknd fan. The obsession w/ HoB, the Thursday thirst, and the EoS that came out close to Christmas to close out the year. You'd be surprised at how many people don't know why the first album is called "Trilogy".

^ :smokin

I was at some random bar/hookah spot in Atlanta on Monday and they played 'The Town'... **** caught me way off guard

Back
Top Bottom