The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Meh, very may well be done. Weeknd much more of a lone wolf than Drake

Whenever they do collab again it'll be a special feeling

What did he perform?

Last edited:
He RARELY has backup singers though. Only used them in one of his tours I think.
Looking at his other live performances (Letterman and Kimmel) he always at least has backup vocals pumped in. You may be right about having live back up singers but I more meant it was impressive that he basically sang acoustic. Gotta respect that

Last edited:
Wasn't a crazy fan of Earned It initially, but time and peeping that live performance has it growing on me heavy lately. 
pimp.gif

Oh...

An F Aubrey, have they made a couple great songs together? Sure, years ago, but today I wouldn't give a damn if they never did a song together again considering Weeknd murders him on every track and just comes off 10000% more authentic.... Live For was the only track on KL not 8/10 or better.

Weeknd= Max B

Drake= French Montana

Last edited:
Lol at the weeknd murdering Drake on a track :rofl:

Crew love is their best collab...

Live for was garbage and it WASNT because of drake come on now

Last edited:
Lol at the weeknd murdering Drake on a track
roll.gif

Crew love is their best collab...

Live for was garbage and it WASNT because of drake come on now
uhhhhhh noo. It was weekend's track initially, and when drake heard it, it was was so fire he had to ride off his coattails. 

Yeah but the weeknd was actually subpar on live for I think that's what he's saying.

no blasphemy to the young gawd. It's an honor when your worst track ever is still a 7/10

Yeah the chorus of Live For kills it for me.

Production wasn't all that either.

Verses are pretty on point though. 

Last edited:
I'm a big Drake fan but I don't think he fits well with Weeknd's stuff. Crew Love and The Zone are classics but Drake's verses kind of felt out of place to me. He doesn't have the same edge/grittiness that the Weeknd brings to the table. Would rather hear them separate.

Live For was just a disaster all around. Very uninspired. Worst Weeknd song ever BY FAR.

Marketing wise, The Weeknd is STILL trying to shed that 'little brother' tag in the mainstream media. Everyone still connects Drake and Abel. I'm sure that's exactly what he wanted to avoid which is why he didn't sign with OVO.

Back
Top Bottom