The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
I'm 50/50 on this album. One minute it has my attention next minute it gets kinda generic then goes back to having my attention.

He goes back and forth from his old style to his new style. Doesn't mean the album is bad however, I gotta play it through again.

I'm 50/50 on this album. One minute it has my attention next minute it gets kinda generic then goes back to having my attention.

He goes back and forth from his old style to his new style. Doesn't mean the album is bad however, I gotta play it through again.
I can see where you're coming in a sense. Some stuff just seems out of place. 

How!? I don't get it :stoneface: . What do you not like about it?
Other than Professional and Kiss Land, the rest of the songs never really got my attention. I swear I yawned a couple times when I played the album 2-3 times for a first listen.

EOS and HOB will forever be my favorite albums from The Weeknd, had me feelin some type of way looking back at relationships :lol:

HOB>>>EOS>Thursday>BBTM>>>>>>>>>>>>KL

I still don't like Kissland and probably never will.
tumblr_muy8r8s6Gy1rp01zzo1_250.gif

I've warmed up to the album but no way is it better or even close to the rest of his work.

It's in the 7-7.5 range for me. I def vibe with Miguel's newest album more than this. At this point I'm glad we have new Weeknd music but don't see me playing this nonstop like his other 4 projects.

This goes for me as well, but I think I'd give this album an 8. Like I said from the beginning; it's a cool album but I see little to no organic artistic growth here.

A couple of songs on it wouldn't have lost a step had they been sung by someone else in my opinion, and that's not a compliment when talking about The Weeknd.

This didn't require any growing for me, but that Miguel album needed a little bit. Now it's very :pimp:

You should try out this re-ordered version of it they made on KTT. Shows the strong of each song while improving the flow of the whole album in my opinion.

I'm schleep actually I just relooked at the kissland tracklist

Only songs I can't mess with are odd look, tears in the rain, and both wanderlusts.

Live for is very meh.

Everything else is pretty fire

I still think the stand out tracks aren't as good as stuff on HOB, but i take back all the kissland slander it's pretty good

How do we measure what is considered growth from an artist? I would think altering your formula and going for new sounds is considered growth, but I guess not.

Last edited:
After several listens, Losers and Dark Times stand out to me. They sound like they were written by someone else. Someone NOT him writing some "dark lyrics".

Also In The 90s would've been top 3 on the album. I hope we get it as a bonus track

I'm happy for his success, he's got songs on the radio and on the charts. After giving us free classic music he deserves it but... I ain't feeling this album at all. I played it twice last night and I can't mess this. It's like a standard R&B/Pop album. The first 2 songs had me like "**** is this". Then Tell Your Friends comes on and it's fire other than that I wasn't feeling anything other than the songs we already heard. Son switched up completely, that last song sounded so forced. It's like some industry people got in his ear and told him "you have to do this to get radio play". Tell Your Friends is classic Weeknd so he's still got it, he just chose to go a whole different route. I'm a Weeknd stan for real but I don't even wanna play this a 3rd time.

Last edited:
Am I the only one here who actually likes Angel? I find it one of the more enjoyable songs on the album.

Back
Top Bottom