The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
Shameless is underrated 
nthat.gif

Album is Godly. The only "L" Abel is familiar with is the one in his first name. Let me know when someone on here or KTT makes an alternate cover that resembles that of which from the "Trilogy" mixtapes. I'm a stickler for uniformity. I give this album 9 MDMA pills out of 10 :pimp:

Album is Godly. The only "L" Abel is familiar with is the one in his first name. Let me know when someone on here or KTT makes an alternate cover that resembles that of which from the "Trilogy" mixtapes. I'm a stickler for uniformity. I give this album 9 MDMA pills out of 10 :pimp:
KTT already did & someone posted it pages back.

My lil interpretation of the videos.

The Hills- The starting off with a car crash could symbolize how he feels about his career prior to him blowing. We all know how he feels about KL and how it did and the reaction it got. He considers it a miss and was hurt by how it did with with the critics and fans alike. So once he gets home, he sees and makes a deal with the devil after being tempted long ago. In other words, he makes an attempt to cater to mainstream audiences taste.

ICFMF - This one symbolizes his rise to where he's at now. The video starts off with most of the crowd being uninterested in his music, reflecting the amount of fans he had when he started off. But once he blew up from after making the deal with the devil and from the song with Ariana along with Earned it, everybody started feeling him.

Tell Your Friends - This is him burying his new self, the Abel that blew up after all this newfound success. Him shooting the devil symbolizes the fact that he attempted to cater to mainstream tastes using them to get the recognition, money, and all that comes with being at the top, yet he's going to go back to his old ways. Hence, "Last Year I did all the politicin, this year I'm all focused on the vision."

Another scenario

Tell Your Friends - This could be him burying his old self. In order to get the success he wants, he has to change. The devil has been promising him all the perks of making a deal with him from far back going to the Rolling Stone days seeing how he's warned us, but he turns it down, shooting him.

ICFMF - Like I said earlier, the beginning of the video symbolizes his career up to the point of him blowing. In the beginning, people weren't feeling him like they are now, but the devil shows him a taste of what he has to offer and now that he's on fire, everybody is feeling his music.

The Hills  - Like I said in the previous version, he's unhappy with how things are going for him. In 2014, he made that song with Ariana, got him a little attention, but he wanted more. When he gets home, he meets the devil and has a surprised look on his face, and takes him up on his offer catapulting him to the top where he's at now.

First scenario makes more sense to me.

Last edited:
Him purposefully crashing the car and leaving the old fans behind in the hills could be view in a sort of sacrificial light in order to prove to the "industry" that he was willing to leave the old weeknd behind in favor of gaining the new attention that he would get in a deal with the devil. Then you see the progression of his fame in the CFMF video, which carries over into TYF. He kidnapped the new weeknd and killed him. Hence the reason the industry devil guy looks pissed off with him. He's there to get the new weeknd back, but the old weeknd had the plan of getting all the perks of the fame and then going right back to who he was before. :nerd:

I need a gif of Weeknd double tapping the trans pimp so I can use it on those who slander Kissland

Also the end of the vid

When it transitions jnto real life

He's driving into the dark

Uncharted territory

Or back to the darkness from which he came maybe

And the burning bush at the beginning:

The idea behind this consuming fire is that it is the fire of God's judgment. Just before that verse in Deuteronomy, it says not to make idols (starting in verse 24) because the God is a consuming fire. We can see pretty clearly that this fire is a picture of God's judgment and wrath.

By comparison, one thing that is striking about the image of the burning bush is that there is fire that does not consume.

This is showing us that the imagery of the burning bush is one of mercy. The consuming fire engulfs the bush, but the bush is not consumed. The judgment is brought, but mercy is shown.

Last edited:
Him purposefully crashing the car and leaving the old fans behind in the hills could be view in a sort of sacrificial light in order to prove to the "industry" that he was willing to leave the old weeknd behind in favor of gaining the new attention that he would get in a deal with the devil. Then you see the progression of his fame in the CFMF video, which carries over into TYF. He kidnapped the new weeknd and killed him. Hence the reason the industry devil guy looks pissed off with him. He's there to get the new weeknd back, but the old weeknd had the plan of getting all the perks of the fame and then going right back to who he was before.
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

This would sound perfect

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a tape early 2016. I'm talking 10 initiation like songs. Giving the new fans a super stone face. :stoneface:

I just hope he works "I told you this ain't nothing to relate to" into the next body of work the same way he did with "Cali was a mission" :smokin

Him purposefully crashing the car and leaving the old fans behind in the hills could be view in a sort of sacrificial light in order to prove to the "industry" that he was willing to leave the old weeknd behind in favor of gaining the new attention that he would get in a deal with the devil. Then you see the progression of his fame in the CFMF video, which carries over into TYF. He kidnapped the new weeknd and killed him. Hence the reason the industry devil guy looks pissed off with him. He's there to get the new weeknd back, but the old weeknd had the plan of getting all the perks of the fame and then going right back to who he was before.
nerd.gif
Breh...

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I just hope he works "I told you this ain't nothing to relate to" into the next body of work the same way he did with "Cali was a mission"
smokin.gif
That
Also the end of the vid

When it transitions jnto real life

He's driving into the dark

Uncharted territory

Or back to the darkness from which he came maybe
And this

Sounds possible. Looks like we're on to something here

Last edited:
Had to go back and listen to the OG's today... 
nthat.gif
. Don't get me wrong, I love BBTM. But these are in a league of its own. 

Him purposefully crashing the car and leaving the old fans behind in the hills could be view in a sort of sacrificial light in order to prove to the "industry" that he was willing to leave the old weeknd behind in favor of gaining the new attention that he would get in a deal with the devil. Then you see the progression of his fame in the CFMF video, which carries over into TYF. He kidnapped the new weeknd and killed him. Hence the reason the industry devil guy looks pissed off with him. He's there to get the new weeknd back, but the old weeknd had the plan of getting all the perks of the fame and then going right back to who he was before. :nerd:

This scenario sounds too good. The dancing is the only thing that makes me think it's a "brand new" Weeknd.

Back
Top Bottom