The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
I mean, if yall don't actually like the project, I'd probably wonder about you

I've always liked it, I just don't see it on the same level as his past work

Do you guys all feel like you put it in the caliber of Kiss Land?

Last edited:
I'm not gonna compare to KL just yet cause I played that for months on end and I think sonically it's more epic.

Terrible comparison but Kissland is like the movie Heat. Action packed, easy to understand and a beautiful tale.

Beauty Behind The Madness is like A David Lynch film. It balances the line between reality and fantasy. Is he talking about the fame or women. Leaves a lot open for interpretation and for someone like me that forces me to sit down and create my own theories.

I'm not gonna compare to KL just yet cause I played that for months on end and I think sonically it's more epic.

Terrible comparison but Kissland is like the movie Heat. Action packed, easy to understand and a beautiful tale.

Beauty Behind The Madness is like A David Lynch film. It balances the line between reality and fantasy. Is he talking about the fame or women. Leaves a lot open for interpretation and for someone like me that forces me to sit down and create my own theories.
Not hating on you AT ALL but I think everyone just has a different way of processing music. I think it's cool for you to view it in this lens

For me, I don't need to do all that when it comes to music. I just need it to make me feel something and for me to connect to it. I don't need to break down all the theories and stuff like that. If it happens to have deep, complex layers, all the better.. but first it needs to hit me on some level of consciousness 

To me, BBTM sounds much better sonically than Kissland.

Kissland is actually one of my least favorite projects

I like adding Where you Belong(underrated) after Shameless.. In the 90s after Acquainted was pretty much a given

I was randomly singing Where You Belong last night and this crossed my mind. This fits the album way better sonically than Earned It does in my opinion.

I think I'll put together a playlist with that swap in there right now actually.

Last edited:

Not hating on you AT ALL but I think everyone just has a different way of processing music. I think it's cool for you to view it in this lens

For me, I don't need to do all that when it comes to music. I just need it to make me feel something and for me to connect to it. I don't need to break down all the theories and stuff like that. If it happens to have deep, complex layers, all the better.. but first it needs to hit me on some level of consciousness 
Nah I feel you and I get that. I'm not one of those IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT I LIKE YOU DUMB type of people.

I'm similar in that music has to initially make me feel something on the face for me to enjoy it. And I can enjoy it for years and years if the sound is timeless.

But I'm a writer so for me to be deeply embedded in an album/movie the dialogue or lyrics have to cause me to dig deeper. Give the audience a chance to craft something.

I understand most don't view it in the same way and some could say I'm reaching. Some times I probably am. But I'm more about what I get from the artist more than what the artists gives to me. Abel might just want to write a song about smashing groupies but if I take it as using stimulation to erase pain then that's what I got and how I enjoy the project. We all appreciate art differently and that's the beauty of it.

Last edited:
I mean, if yall don't actually like the project, I'd probably wonder about you

I've always liked it, I just don't see it on the same level as his past work

Do you guys all feel like you put it in the caliber of Kiss Land?

Hard to admit for me, but this has more replay value than KL. I'm not slandering KL by any means, I just think BBTM has more songs that I like than its predecessor. Professional, The Town, Adaptation, LITS, and BTTW are all timeless, but after those tracks, I only mess with the second part of KL, Pretty, and the God status Wanderlust. :pimp:

Hard to admit for me, but this has more replay value than KL. I'm not slandering KL by any means, I just think BBTM has more songs that I like than its predecessor. Professional, The Town, Adaptation, LITS, and BTTW are all timeless, but after those tracks, I only mess with the second part of KL, Pretty, and the God status Wanderlust.
pimp.gif
Probably my favorite weeknd song ever. the feels that song makes me have

Kanye laced this man with somethin srs on Tell Your Friends :smh:

This album is a first day purchase. Good music always gotta be supported.

Last edited:
To me, BBTM sounds much better sonically than Kissland.

:smh: Kissland is a damn movie.. From the 2nd part of Professional to the end of Love in the sky is some of the best succession of music ive ever heard..

The where you belong discussion on this page made me go listen.. :smh: :x.. **** is flames

On any given day, my favorite Weeknd project is KissLand.

I fell asleep on one of my listens to BBTM.

So no, not of the same caliber.

Kinda wish The Hills & Often were left off so this could really be a flop. The rest of the songs tryna suck the greatness from those two.

I had my mom in my car and she was listening and asked me to skip those two. That's what I want from a Weeknd album.

mean.gif
Kissland is a damn movie.. From the 2nd part of Professional to the end of Love in the sky is some of the best succession of music ive ever heard..

The where you belong discussion on this page made me go listen..
mean.gif
sick.gif
.. **** is flames
On any given day, my favorite Weeknd project is KissLand.

I fell asleep on one of my listens to BBTM.

So no, not of the same caliber.

Kinda wish The Hills & Often were left off so this could really be a flop. The rest of the songs tryna suck the greatness from those two.

I had my mom in my car and she was listening and asked me to skip those two. That's what I want from a Weeknd album.
I'm glad we can have different opinions  
happy.gif

BBTM has better songs, KL has better writing. I'll listen to better songs ANY day. I'll put on The Hills and play it back to back to back before I play my favorite song on KL. Outside of Losers, this album is damn near flawless, which is how I feel about all his work. For some reason, there's always one song I don't like.

HOB - Glass Table Girl

Thursday - Heaven Or Las Vegas (It's cool, but I skip it sometimes)

EOS - Till Dawn

KL - Wanderlust

BBTM - Losers

Last edited:
So after going thru it again along with adding KOTF and GIT90s....it's a pretty good album. Quality varies from the first half of the album to the second but overall I can mess with it. I would still call it his weakest overall project however.

Back
Top Bottom