The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Valerie, Lonely Star, Montreal, Till Dawn, Tears In The Rain, Pretty, As You Are and In The Night-- went over these tracks today on my run... the MJ factor is just 
eek.gif

The way he can channel it and make it his own 
pimp.gif

Bruh used to be normal. People that savage aren't born, they are made :lol:

If I was him though, I use all the dark grungy Nirvana style tracks for the next album. He'd be able to get away with it as "experimenting" and the minute he plugs in the Nirvana inspiration people will eat it up.

Bruh used to be normal. People that savage aren't born, they are made
laugh.gif

If I was him though, I use all the dark grungy Nirvana style tracks for the next album. He'd be able to get away with it as "experimenting" and the minute he plugs in the Nirvana inspiration people will eat it up.
Drugs and booze also bring out a certain side of folks. Being a savage 24/7 isn't easy b 
laugh.gif

He probably was smagin her back in the day

Last edited:
Anyone listing Lonely Star bottom 5 must not understand what dude is saying on the song :smh:

Bottom 5 for me:

Life of the Party
Heaven or Las Vegas
Dark Times
Glass Table Girls
Losers

Most of my bottom 5 were just to rust Jimmies, the jig is up. Dudes in here know there's only two tracks I really think are terrible from homie. Outside isn't deserving of being on a bottom 5 list. But it is my second least favorite on EoS following DD.

I understand music is subjective, but maybe someone can chime in on just what it is about Life of the Party and Heaven or Las Vegas that they dislike. HoLV is damn bear gospel music to me. In my book, it's the best close out/ending song on any of his projects. EoS is a close second.

I feel like it's gonna be 2025 and we're gonna be arguing whether kiss land was classic or mediocre lol

All I know is it took the music industry years to understand the greatness of Here, My Dear and 808s

I think the thing with ranking is that the last place recipient is automatically assumed to be bad. I love the knowing. But man, HoLV reaches me on a different level based on the antics I had to Thursday. I had a girl say "start that over" when the cd ended. Mid sesh. And EoS is just so damn somber and depressing, and takes me back to when I lost a good girl to my antics. The Knowing is a classic still though. Just doesn't resonate with me like that because I don't have any strong memories attached to it. Individually I'd listen to it over EoS. But when I listen to each project all the way through, I just find the ending of Thursday and EoS to be "better". If that makes any sense.

Last edited:
dude touting abel as growing for dumming down the music for more sales

he always had the hit making ability it's just now he seems to be pursuing it

Last edited:
Y'all can go back and forth but at the end of the day, word to Cam'ron, Kiss Land is hot fire while BBTM is tepid water. Making music more "accessible" is indeed a good thing for his career, but what made him the young gawd was that raw material. KL is poetry with the essence of the Trilogy.

This is something else :lol:. It's a good pop album with traces of the young gawd.

Last edited:
From Mod Club:

#NTXO

Thanks for posting. I swear most of the crowd is why I hate going to live shows now (at least fighting to get to the front). People rather stand still with their arms up recording the whole damn show on their phone instead of enjoying the show. I'd imagine artists would rather their audience be there to enjoy the performance instead of recording them the whole time.

Thanks for posting. I swear most of the crowd is why I hate going to live shows now (at least fighting to get to the front). People rather stand still with their arms up recording the whole damn show on their phone instead of enjoying the show. I'd imagine artists would rather their audience be there to enjoy the performance instead of recording them the whole time.
It's a weird culture we in 
laugh.gif
 that's like every show these days... cameras up. Aint nobody give a damn about your shaky, unfocused camera phone video footage 

Those videos remind me of when he first started performing around the Greater Toronto Area and had that rule of cameras not being allowed at his shows :lol:

I remember a few folks managed to get by that and blessed us with the visuals, but I bet he forced most of them to truly enjoy the show.

I always imagine that most people end up getting home and realizing that their videos are complete ****, full of shaky visuals and vocals drowned out by the crowd's awful singing :lol:

Last edited:
What songs would be on you guys' ideal set lists? Not just the songs you like the most, but what songs do you think would be dope to see perform live in a crowd full of people? Take into account the energy of a concert setting and what not.

Back
Top Bottom