The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
This:

"He’s not living the same life he was 3-4 years ago.  Abel is in a different place mentally and physically. He doesn’t spend most of his time in his old stopping grounds of Toronto. He’s been traveling the world ever since he went to Japan to create Kiss Land. He’s surrounded with new people, new influences. He’s happier, more successful and A LOT more people know his name. Thus his music has inevitably changed as you’d expect any young growing artist to do."

Last edited:
I dont like the album but he's been preparing us for this and asking for forgiveness for having to eventually make music like this to be successul for a while. Rolling Stone etc.

I wouldn't make it through an entire Gone album. I'd have to make sure my last will was already set up, as I'd surely be leaving this earth shortly after pressing play.

http://alexsandalis.com/bbtm/

Pretty good review/read. Felt really honest.

*patiently waits for the Gone album*
Really just sounded like someone trying to defend to "OG" fans who don't like it.

For those of you that said BBTM is growth, wouldn't a "Gone" album be regression?
laugh.gif

Nice, short set at Bumbershoot in Seattle sunday, dude doesn't have an ego, it's weird, he doesn't buy into 'the weeknd' hype which is cool because he hasn't lost himself, but he honestly seems under confident, seemed taxed. maybe he's just sick of playing the same songs over and over and over. Whatever your lifestyle is it always feels like groundhog's day but when you have to tour and repeat your material everyday it's a constant reminder.

the crowd made me feel old AF :/

disappointed he didn't play Acquainted or Gone.

I was mad he didn't do In The Night at MIA. Perfect "concert" song imo. Really upbeat.

What's y'all favorite album quotes or recent quotes from the Gawd? Ones that you constantly repeat and stay in your head?

Lately:

"In my city I'm a young Gawwwwddd, that ***** kill be so vicious :evil:"

"I'm a villian in my city"

"Dope dimes on some coke lines"

KOTF is FILLED w/ quotables to me.

Ask a blinkin :lol:

Odd Look gets me boogeying like Travolta every time :pimp:

"Just promise that you'll come back to me...

Feed me, baby... Feed me, baby"

Chills.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom